Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Who Did You See In Concert In 2020?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 19, 2020 16:08

I saw Stay Home open for Do Nothing. Stay Home was smokin' hot. They blew Do Nothing off the stage and really stole the show, imho. grinning smiley

Re: OT: Who Did You See In Concert In 2020?
Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: December 19, 2020 16:14

Big Thief - Bologna, February

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: December 19, 2020 16:23

Incredibly, I saw some fantastic shows in 2020 ...

The Who club show (three of the four), the Clapton-led tribute to Ginger Baker and the Mick Fleetwood and friends tribute to Peter Green.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 19, 2020 16:30

The Rolling Stones (18-Apr-2020) and some other artists - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 19, 2020 16:48

In January I saw a band called 14 Cousins on a lazy Sunday afternoon at The Oak pub in Kingston and for a second time in February.

Live music highlight of my year are two acoustic gigs by The Who also in Kingston in February.

Only other live gigs were both on a Sunday afternoon August 30th with local lad Peter Bruntnell and a couple of friends. Also following Sunday with same lineup and both outside in the garden of The Black Lion pub in Surbiton.
I can safely say that will be it for 2020. smiling smiley-

One regret I have at the moment is not going to this gig from a few days ago at The Half Moon pub in Putney.
I know about half dozen live music fans who were there and it sounds like a great night.
The day before the gig I was going to get a ticket but decided not to at the last minute.
James Walbourne was in really great form apparently. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-19 18:06 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 19, 2020 17:09

nobody
(I wish I'd flew to London to see the Ginger Baker tribute show. There were a few tickets available on the day before the show and a cheap flight too but… if I knew that there won't be any shows in 2020 etc.)

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 19, 2020 17:27

Who did you have tickets for that you didn’t see?

Anyone still have tix not refunded?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 19, 2020 17:40

Opera in St Marks square Venice at the end of summer.

Nate

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 19, 2020 17:49

Clapton's tribute to Ginger Baker at the Hammersmith Apollo in February 2020, that was it - and will be it ! As for 2021, the way things are currently looking, it is not going to be much of a live music year. Not unless something dramatically changes for the better - coronavirus-wise !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: December 19, 2020 18:00

I got six shows in before the shite hit the fan,

Oysterhead X 2
North Mississippi Allstars
Dweezil Zappa
Hot Tuna Electric
The Brothers Robinson Acoustic

Tons cancelled, The only one I requested a refund for was Buffalo Stones because that was a travel show. I had pit too.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: December 19, 2020 18:20

jabhead
I got six shows in before the shite hit the fan,

Oysterhead X 2
North Mississippi Allstars
Dweezil Zappa
Hot Tuna Electric
The Brothers Robinson Acoustic

Tons cancelled, The only one I requested a refund for was Buffalo Stones because that was a travel show. I had pit too.

Cool list. Hope you enjoyed ...

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: December 19, 2020 18:40

Sturgill Simpson (Melkweg, Amsterdam)
Liam Gallagher (Vorst Nationaal, Brussels)
Georgia (Ancienne Belgique, Brussels)
Carly Rae Jepsen (La Madeleine, Brussels)
Chris & Rich Robinson (Paradiso Noord, Amsterdam)
Mabel (Orangerie, Brussels)
Marcus King Band (Ancienne Belgique, Brussels)

Went to London to attend the Country to Country Festival in March... got cancelled the day it was suppose to start.

Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: December 19, 2020 18:46

all in london:

2020-02-02 RYLEY WALKER Café OTO
2020-02-10 KACY & CLAYTON + ALEX REX The Victoria, Dalston
2020-02-28 A WINGED VICTORY FOR THE SULLEN Hackney Round Chapel
2020-03-04 THE STAVES The Dome
2020-03-05 PETE ASTOR Servant Jazz Quarters
2020-03-08 THE STAVES Dingwalls

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: December 19, 2020 19:01

A Norwegian show in January, "Everything from the Beatles 1969". All songs The Beatles recorded in 1969, and the last one of 7 yearly shows. Had front row seat and got thumbs up from one of the singers, Eirikur Hauksson, when he saw my Stones t-shirt

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 19, 2020 20:09

The Who at Pryzm Nightclub in Kingston on Thames on 12th February 2020, the 1st of 4 shows they did. Great show, but that’s ummm, it eye rolling smiley

I can’t see any live music returning at any level until at least 2022 and even then with slowly loosening precautions. There’s a new much more contagious strain of the virus ripping through the South East of England and all 4 U.K. nations have now announced much tighter restrictions around Christmas and some time afterwards.

Most of us on here have some great memories of past gigs and unfortunately we’re gong to have to hang on to them until the coast is clear. Morrissey did a show at Wembley Arena in mid March with standing on the floor. My gig buddy from That Who gig in February was there with his son. No idea how it go the go ahead but it must have been one of the last major gigs before the March lockdown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-19 20:13 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 19, 2020 20:16

Sadly none, but there were quite a few I was planning on attending with tickets confirmed, and more than likely would have attended more, but not to be.
Rolling Stones, Steely Dan, Steve Winwood, Roger Waters, ZZ Top, Madness, Supergrass...some of them multiple times...all refunded. And then there were all the small shows at local clubs...nada.
First time since I was a young teen in the mid '70's where I didn't attend any live concerts for the entire year. GRRR...what a strange year...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 19, 2020 20:42

grzegorz67
The Who at Pryzm Nightclub in Kingston on Thames on 12th February 2020, the 1st of 4 shows they did. Great show, but that’s ummm, it eye rolling smiley

I can’t see any live music returning at any level until at least 2022 and even then with slowly loosening precautions. There’s a new much more contagious strain of the virus ripping through the South East of England and all 4 U.K. nations have now announced much tighter restrictions around Christmas and some time afterwards.

Most of us on here have some great memories of past gigs and unfortunately we’re gong to have to hang on to them until the coast is clear. Morrissey did a show at Wembley Arena in mid March with standing on the floor. My gig buddy from That Who gig in February was there with his son. No idea how it go the go ahead but it must have been one of the last major gigs before the March lockdown.

True enough grzegorz67 - great memories of many, many, many gigs, by many, many, many bands since the mid '70's...thumbs up

I do feel bad for the youngsters these days who are missing out on so many things we all took for granted - attending live shows with thousands of people, attending school with classmates, going to a local bar or pub...
Even things as simple as going to the grocery store without having to wear a mask while fearing for your life. Could have never imagined such a screwed up situation in my wildest dreams.

As predicted by the experts, things seem to be getting worse everywhere, and will be probably this way for quite some time before things start to get better with the vaccines.
And as you say, it will be quite some time before we're able to attend any live concerts at any level...even 2022 sounds to be a bit too optimistic, but we've got memories. Stay safe and healthy. thumbs up

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 19, 2020 20:46

Poor year. And ... what's a concert?
A live classic piano performance in the Emerates Hotel (UAE) in February, artist unknown, though.
How about ... The Rolling Stones "live" ... on my iMac somewhere in April, if I remember well. "Charlie was good, right?". Not to mention a whole bunch of great concerts on DVD ... just kept my eyes closed. Sighhhh ...
But there is a future for all of us who want to stay alive ...
Merry Christmas and a damn great (and healthy!) 2021 to you all.
smileys with beer

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: December 19, 2020 20:52

Only 1 - Gail Ann Dorsey and Donny McCaslin - Bowie’s longtime bass player, and the sax player from his Blackstar album. For each of the past years since his passing PhilaDElphia has a Philly Loves Bowie Week. Great event.
Only time I managed to see McCaslin - and man, that boy can blow! Really made me appreciate the Blackstar album even more.
Of course the list of shows I was ‘supposed’ to see is longer. Goldfrapp in London, the Stones in Charlotte and Louisville, Roger Waters, Nick Cave. Sigh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-21 15:36 by DEmerson.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 19, 2020 21:31

tatters
I saw Stay Home open for Do Nothing. Stay Home was smokin' hot. They blew Do Nothing off the stage and really stole the show, imho. grinning smiley

Ha, a great double bill! I was supposed to see Alice Cooper, ZZ Top, Stones, Journey/Pretenders, Roger Waters as well as Vancouver Canucks vs Tampa Bay. Got refunds for all so had a huge credit on my American Express card!

The last concert I did see was The Who w/Liam Gallagher in Vancouver late last year.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 19, 2020 21:59

Sturgill Simpson and Kevin Montgomery in Dublin and Belfast a few days apart in early February.

And that was it....

Had tickets at the time for The Lost Brothers, Lucinda Williams (both postponed) and Lukas Nelson (cancelled)

I'm not as pessimistic as others here about a return to live shows in 2021. Hopefully by the summer we'll start to see some activity.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: December 19, 2020 22:11

Dimmu Borgir, Berlin
Amorphis, Berlin
Wanda, Berlin
Paradise Lost, Livestream from the Mill

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 19, 2020 23:46

Julia Fischer

David Fray

Eric Steckel

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: December 19, 2020 23:49

The WHO (Club Show 1 + 2) - Kingston upon Thames, PRYZM Nightclub - 12. Feb. 2020

Black Pumas - Köln, Gloria-Theater - 16. Feb. 2020

Layla Zoe - Düsseldorf, Pitcher - 08. March 2020

The Beatlesøns (Biergartenkonzert Sitzplätze/seating wg. Covid-19) - Düsseldorf, Zakk - 05. Sep. 2020

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: December 20, 2020 00:16

Black Pumas - January.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 20, 2020 01:20

Only Midge Ure, from Ultravox, in February. All the rest cancelled - which began
late March.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: December 20, 2020 02:32

Black Country New Road, Edinburgh
Burns & Beyond Culture Trail (Blue Rose Code, KT Tunstall), Edinburgh
Roger Chapman - Family & Friends, Leicester
Madonna, London
Ginger Baker Tribute (Eric Clapton & Friends), London
Music for the Marsden (John Illsley, Paul Carrack, Mike Rutherford, Paul Jones, Paul Young, Zucchero, Bonnie Tyler, Mick Hucknall, Nick Mason, Rick Wakeman, Yusuf/Cat Stevens, Eric Clapton, Van Morrison, Tom Jones, Gary Brooker), London

That all-star charity event at the O2 turned out to be the last hurrah gigwise for me before the hunger that has since lasted over nine months...a feast before hibernation, sort of.

Dream gig of the year: double headliner tour of The Coronas and The Vaccinesgrinning smiley

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: December 20, 2020 03:04

RisingStone
Black Country New Road, Edinburgh
Burns & Beyond Culture Trail (Blue Rose Code, KT Tunstall), Edinburgh
Roger Chapman - Family & Friends, Leicester
Madonna, London
Ginger Baker Tribute (Eric Clapton & Friends), London
Music for the Marsden (John Illsley, Paul Carrack, Mike Rutherford, Paul Jones, Paul Young, Zucchero, Bonnie Tyler, Mick Hucknall, Nick Mason, Rick Wakeman, Yusuf/Cat Stevens, Eric Clapton, Van Morrison, Tom Jones, Gary Brooker), London

That all-star charity event at the O2 turned out to be the last hurrah gigwise for me before the hunger that has since lasted over nine months...a feast before hibernation, sort of.

Dream gig of the year: double headliner tour of The Coronas and The Vaccinesgrinning smiley

Oh yeah, I saw Madonna at the Palladium and the Music for the Marsden, too.
In February-March I saw some great shows.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: December 20, 2020 04:40

ChrisL
Oh yeah, I saw Madonna at the Palladium and the Music for the Marsden, too.
In February-March I saw some great shows.

Which date of Madonna show did you attend? Was it a full show?
I went February 16, the last night of her Palladium residency and the day before the Ginger Baker Tribute. A few “cheap” tickets were released at the last minute close to the show day and I grabbed one — mine was the cheapest seat but it costed £164.30 including fees! I picked that day so that I could catch two consecutive gigs on my London trip.
Unfortunately it was a short set due to her ongoing health problems that brought about such a mess through the tour although I almost predicted it to be. Inevitable feeling of being shortchanged aside, I still enjoyed her rare theatre appearance. She performed 1 hour and 50 minutes nonetheless.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: December 20, 2020 06:48

January: Full of Hell---a group of young men making tons of noise. It's been a delight to follow them as they continually challenge themselves.

February: Yuja Wang in recital in San Francisco---an exhilarating experience with high drama, given how she'd been detained the previous night in Canada, causing her to be late to that recital, visibly shaken and creating controversy. The interrogation she received was presumed to be linked to coronavirus concerns. In SF, Yuja tore it up, with a few interruptions.

March: Patti Smith, who while telling us to be safe, said she didn't know how she'd fare in the pandemic, since she always picks her nose. This was 10 days before venues shut down.

I had tix for other shows but never realized how important going out and seeing shows, art, etc, was for my wellbeing. It sustained me. Not that I'm saying venues should be open now, but my life, though blessed, is much less dynamic in this lockdown.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1359
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home