Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Mick Jagger, girlfriend Melanie Hamrick buy house in Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: December 26, 2020 02:24

I dont think some people see the concept here, this is in a gated community, no one just walks in and walks around. As for the other places close by, they are owned by similar millionaire types who are not easily impressed by stardom. There is a fence around the place, inside the already gated and fenced community, and there are possibly gators in the moat, sorry, the lake, which might be a deterrent to autograph-or-more seeking fans. That boring view of the swamp is what we sometimes call natural wetlands and can be anything but boring. And alligators are way overrated as for their danger, yeah maybe once in a while some bold one will take a small dog, but it was a stupid dog to get that close. All that considered, there is no reason in the world for Mick or anyone else to avoid the place, no one will know he is there and furthermore, no one in the vicinity will give a rats ass unless it is to say hello and invite them over for some doubles this afternoon, cheerio old chap and all that rot.

Its the life of the rich and famous; few of us know what it is really like. It ain't all bad.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-26 02:57 by jbwelda.

Re: Mick Jagger, girlfriend Melanie Hamrick buy house in Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: December 26, 2020 02:40

jbwelda
I dont think some people see the concept here, this is in a gated community, no one just walks in and walks around. As for the other places close by, they are owned by similar millionaire types who are not easily impressed by stardom. There is a fence around the place, and there are possibly alligators in the moat, sorry, the lake. That boring view of the swamp is what we sometimes call natural wetlands and can be anything but boring in actuality. And alligators are way overrated as for their danger, yeah maybe once in a while some bold one will take a small dog, but it was a stupid dog to get that close. All that considered, there is no reason in the world for Mick or anyone anyone to avoid the place, no one will know he is there and furthermore, no one in the proximity will give a rats ass unless it is to say hello and invite over for some doubles this afternoon.

Its the life of the rich and famous; few of us know what it is really like. It ain't all bad.

jb

It's a nice bubble until it bursts..

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 26, 2020 04:40

Stoneage
Doesn't that mean alligators "slow down or become immobile" too? Alligators are reptiles and cold-blooded too. They won't fall down from trees though...

Lizards and amphibians become "torpid", they brumate (or brummate) when it gets too cold for them. If it gets too cold some die (with small lizards it has recently been found that survivors of cold temperatures that can kill some of them evolve, and they pass that on to the next generation).

What happens is as they get cold they slow down and when they get too cold they stop. Some may look like they were walking and froze. That's exactly what happened. But most just lay there. That's brumation. I just moved some plants I had left out and a lizard fell off onto my porch, I brought it inside and put it in a plant so it can warm up and just hang out in the plants. When it gets warm enough they go for the windows and I fine them hanging on drapes or on the glass. Some crawl under the fridge or something and sometimes, because the floor gets cold enough, they get stuck there and if they don't warm up enough they die.

Lizards really stink when they die.

Alligators generally find a place to rest, in grasses or floating vegetation or shallow water and, like their small cousins, stop in their tracks. When temperatures get cold enough to freeze the surface of water, alligators will suspend themselves in the water with their tails countering their weight towards or on the bottom, and only have the end of their snout out of the water so they can breathe. The ice forms around them and they stay there until it warms up enough for them to move. If an alligator has travelled too far North it will die since the water column will freeze.

The cold nailed some iguanas earlier this year as well. Some iguanas can die but probably from a fall from a considerable height.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-27 04:41 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 26, 2020 07:21

..... can we somehow make our way back to the house ...

ROCKMAN

Date: December 26, 2020 07:48

Its a very nice house, that Mick Mansion.

jb

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: December 27, 2020 16:52

No matter if it's a closed millionaire owned and only rich men community, the property is too small and has no space for privacy. From what the pictures show, the neighbor windows are in a couple of meters from the house, I bet you could hear what they are talking about easily. Parkway is too close also. It might be safe and fine for rich but not world-wide famous people and their children.

Anyway, the real estate person who sold the house said it was Melanie who purchased it and Mick's name was brought up just because she's his supposed girlfriend.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 27, 2020 18:14

So you mean she used her own purse? Well, then Sir Michael has nothing to do with it.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: December 27, 2020 20:04

jbwelda
Its a very nice house, that Mick Mansion.

jb

I see what you did there.

Date: December 27, 2020 20:58

Stoneage
So you mean she used her own purse? Well, then Sir Michael has nothing to do with it.

they did not say who paid for that but they did say it was Melanie who purchased it... they also said that Mick and Melanie already spent some time there though. I thought he was in Europe for the whole quarantine time so who knows what they were talking about

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: December 28, 2020 00:01

Mariuana
Stoneage

they did not say who paid for that but they did say it was Melanie who purchased it... they also said that Mick and Melanie already spent some time there though. I thought he was in Europe for the whole quarantine time so who knows what they were talking about

I highly doubt they visited Florida. There's no way Mick would fly there during this pandemic. That pic he posted of himself on Christmas was taken at Cactus Garden in Sicily Italy. So, what are the chances he flew from Italy to Florida and then back to Italy. If Melanie did purchase that home, maybe she purchased it for her parents.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 28, 2020 00:33

Mariuana
Stoneage

Maybe he/she/they checked it out at the end of the last tour. Maybe the property is in her name, though that doesn't mean she put the money up. Sounds like it's a place for her to hang out at near her parents, but the whys and wherefores of it will no doubt continue to be little more than speculation.

Date: December 28, 2020 00:37

Mariuana
No matter if it's a closed millionaire owned and only rich men community, the property is too small and has no space for privacy. From what the pictures show, the neighbor windows are in a couple of meters from the house, I bet you could hear what they are talking about easily. Parkway is too close also. It might be safe and fine for rich but not world-wide famous people and their children

Huh.

You must be friends with Mick and his girlfriend to know all those things that they apparently decided are just fine! Are you their life coach or manager?

Date: December 28, 2020 00:40

I can see one thing that will be a problem in the future regarding the landscaping/gardens: the Queen palms are the least wind hardy of palm trees.

Date: December 28, 2020 00:43

....be good ta drive past and
see Mick roaring up & down on a ride-on-mower ......

ROCKMAN

Date: December 28, 2020 06:48

Even Charlie sez: I ain't gonna be out there mowing the lawn!

jb

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: December 28, 2020 13:41

It always seems a bit sad to me when old people with a few years left invest in buying holiday property or multiple properties in general, i mean why buy, even if Mick lives another 10 years i doubt he will spend more than just a handful of visits in any of his properties.
Far better to dish the money out to his loved ones while he is still alive and let them buy the appropriate homes they wish to live in that makes sense to them and their children if they have them, or they could spend it on a business venture or whatever they chose to do with the money to sustain a comfortable financial future.

I doubt very much Mick purchased this property in Florida, it makes no sense on any level unless it was an investment to sell for profit at a later date or rent out as a holiday home, and with an estimated wealth of over £300 million that makes no sense either considering the current economic climate. So i strongly suggest this article and/or information is BS.

Date: December 28, 2020 14:19

I seem to remember he bought her a house already. Or was that for one of the others? I don't think he will buy her two houses if that is the case.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 28, 2020 17:04

I think he bought the NYC apartment/condo.
They may have sold that one.
Now he bought this one.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 28, 2020 17:29

<Tina Ciaccio, who works in MSC’s Lakewood Ranch office and served as listing agent for the property, said the couple never visited the house in person before closing, instead interacting with them through a FaceTime appointment with their buyer's agent>

Date: December 29, 2020 05:19

stone4ever
It always seems a bit sad to me when old people with a few years left invest in buying holiday property or multiple properties in general, i mean why buy, even if Mick lives another 10 years i doubt he will spend more than just a handful of visits in any of his properties.
Far better to dish the money out to his loved ones while he is still alive and let them buy the appropriate homes they wish to live in that makes sense to them and their children if they have them, or they could spend it on a business venture or whatever they chose to do with the money to sustain a comfortable financial future.

I doubt very much Mick purchased this property in Florida, it makes no sense on any level unless it was an investment to sell for profit at a later date or rent out as a holiday home, and with an estimated wealth of over £300 million that makes no sense either considering the current economic climate. So i strongly suggest this article and/or information is BS.

That's beyond daft. All of it. Looks like you better become Mick's advisor since he's making such horrible mistakes.

Date: December 29, 2020 05:39

>listing agent for the property

You know, those types are somewhat famous for not always being forthcoming with actual facts, and/or have no idea what happened before this particular deal materialized. Just sayin.

jb

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: December 29, 2020 16:53

Same sky repeated all over again in many of them pics. Same sky found in all compass directions. Ridiculous.

schillid
Photoshop...
Lazy to paste the same sky in both shots... Unrealistic

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 29, 2020 17:22

Not sure why there would be outrage from them utilizing the same sky pic to be honest.
The sky changes constantly, might as well put the property in the best light.

Even if I was a potential buyer, can't imagine showing up for a tour and saying.. "Hey..wait just a minute.. the sky was much cooler in the pics" cool smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 29, 2020 17:55

dead.flowers

Same sky repeated all over again in many of them pics.

schillid

Photoshop...

A 'simple' App on the Phone nowadays - [www.YouTube.com] - (Pos. 0:22).

Date: December 29, 2020 18:00

Is it really important whether the sky on the images is real or fake? They stage the interior - why not the exterior?

Date: December 29, 2020 19:25

Ever been to Florida?

jb

Date: December 29, 2020 21:54

...Mick's gotta lotta lawn ta mow ......

ROCKMAN

Date: December 29, 2020 22:03

Seems a bit risky mowing the lawn there. To close to the water line. What if an alligator snaps him?

Date: December 29, 2020 22:08

GasLightStreet
Mariuana
No matter if it's a closed millionaire owned and only rich men community, the property is too small and has no space for privacy. From what the pictures show, the neighbor windows are in a couple of meters from the house, I bet you could hear what they are talking about easily. Parkway is too close also. It might be safe and fine for rich but not world-wide famous people and their children

Huh.

You must be friends with Mick and his girlfriend to know all those things that they apparently decided are just fine! Are you their life coach or manager?

lol. I don't know why would you take it this personal, are you the real estate manager who sold this house?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-29 22:29 by Mariuana.

Date: December 29, 2020 22:14

The deal has been in the works since the fall, and since then, privacy surrounding the transaction has been paramount. “We kept this under wraps since September,” says Ciaccio. “Discretion was key.”

According to Ciaccio, Jagger and Hamrick have already spent some time at their Lakewood Ranch home. “Lakewood Ranch definitely has a broader appeal,” she says. “It’s a nice getaway.”

[www.businessobserverfl.com]

I don't know what the agent is talking about.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2008
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home