Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is there a likely 1970 Copyright dump expected?
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: December 13, 2020 21:55

I really enjoyed that 1969 dump on 12/31 last year. I still play some of that stuff! It was fascinating to hear the choir practicing YCAGWYW, the alternate versions of Ruby, Love In Vain and a couple other highlights. I doubt a 1970 dump could be as exciting, but has there been any predictions or educated guesses?

Bill

Re: Is there a likely 1970 Copyright dump expected?
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 13, 2020 22:11

I would think most of the material recorded in 1970; Good Time Women, All Down The Line, Shake Your Hips, etc, are copyrighted by Rolling Stones, not ABKCO, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were none - unless RS follows ABKCO in their strategy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-13 22:11 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: December 13, 2020 22:24

what about c#ยง?sucker blues ?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 13, 2020 22:35

CS Blues .... great one to spin if ya the
only guy in attendance at a lesbian wedding ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 13, 2020 23:49

my guess is that they won't risk losing the copyright. Thus there will be some kind of release. Maybe the same way as last year, maybe Bob Dylan style (i.e. releasing some disc but just a few copies thru a very few hand selected record stores)

Posted by: Ebling ()
Date: December 14, 2020 00:57

Dylan dumped one the other day. I hope and expect the Stones will follow suit.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 14, 2020 02:08

Studio tracks - well, I don't expect much that we don't already know, then again, what do we know what's in the vaults that's totally unknown so far.

But now's the time to finally reveal if there's any official 1970 European Tour soundboard in the vaults...

Posted by: Torontoluke ()
Date: December 14, 2020 03:12

is there a way to get the 2019 dump?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 14, 2020 03:41

They could do variations of Brown Sugar, Wild Horses, Sway and Bitch and of course "School Boy Blues".

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: December 14, 2020 06:35

>is there a way to get the 2019 dump?

Go check over in the other forum, used to be downloads available

jb

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 14, 2020 11:01

Erik_Snow
I would think most of the material recorded in 1970; Good Time Women, All Down The Line, Shake Your Hips, etc, are copyrighted by Rolling Stones, not ABKCO, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were none - unless RS follows ABKCO in their strategy.

Rolling Stones Records didn't start until '71. That's why Ya Yas, released fall 1970, was on ABKCO. The first RSRs release was Brian Jones 'Pipes of Pan', etc.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 14, 2020 13:23

24FPS
Erik_Snow

Rolling Stones Records didn't start until '71. That's why Ya Yas, released fall 1970, was on ABKCO. The first RSRs release was Brian Jones 'Pipes of Pan', etc.

I know, but the titles I mentioned were released by Rolling Stones records, unlike the songs on GYYYO. And they made a compromise with Wild Horses and Brown Sugar (1969) but not the 1970 sessions, I thought. Retired Dog would know for sure.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 14, 2020 15:59

Maybe we'll get to hear "Toss the Coin" and "Old Glory" at last !
What's odd is that some known stuff from 1968 wasn't part of the previous dumps, like "And I'm a Country Boy", "Hamburger to Go" or "Blood Red Wine"...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: December 14, 2020 16:41

jbwelda
>is there a way to get the 2019 dump?

Go check over in the other forum, used to be downloads available

jb

here it is:

Frankenstein FP 058 ABKCO Copyright preservation YouTube uploads (lossy)

[filefactory.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-14 16:41 by rayrad.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 14, 2020 17:28

Or look for DAC-198 : you'll get both 2018 and 2019 leaks. winking smiley
That's a nice wealth of new music to listen to.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 14, 2020 17:35

gotdablouse
Maybe we'll get to hear "Toss the Coin" and "Old Glory" at last !
What's odd is that some known stuff from 1968 wasn't part of the previous dumps, like "And I'm a Country Boy", "Hamburger to Go" or "Blood Red Wine"...

Not odd at all, because these 1968 tracks were not only unreleased performances, but also unreleased compositions. Jagger/Richards could prevent their release through their first publication right as part of their songwriting copyright that lasts until 75 years after their death. And as they're luckily still alive, that's a long time to come...

For the very same reason "Toss The Coin" and "Old Glory" probably won't be included in a 1970 copyright dump - unreleased compositions... But maybe we're lucky and they are in a generous mood!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-14 17:38 by retired_dog.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 14, 2020 18:13

24FPS
Erik_Snow

All but one song on STICKY FINGERS is ABKCO Music. All Down The Line, Shine A Light, Stop Breaking Down, Loving Cup and Sweet Virginia on EXILE as well. They were composed pre-1970 and therefor are ABKCO Music publishing. Apparently the deal only involves Brown Sugar and Wild Horses/STICKY FINGERS regarding any new releases (HOT ROCKS, singles collections) and nothing released in 1972, which I'm going to guess if it wasn't then any of those 5 EOMS tracks could've appeared on MORE HOT ROCKS.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home