Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: FX Developing The Rolling Stones Drama Limited Series From ‘The Crown’ Producer Left Bank
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 14, 2021 19:48

bye bye johnny
SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Satisfaction! Mick Jagger spills the beans for The Crown producers' new Rolling Stones series

By Sebastian Shakespeare for the Daily Mail
13 May 2021

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

as Rockman might say..."LURV IT!"

Re: FX Developing The Rolling Stones Drama Limited Series From ‘The Crown’ Producer Left Bank
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 14, 2021 21:56

Bring it on!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 14, 2021 22:41

MileHigh
If you play Bill Wyman you don't get a single line!

but you get a load of girls.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 15, 2021 04:26

Nick Hornby, writing, okay. let's go!

~"Love is Strong"~

Stones series to be shopped as it fell victim to Disney cuts at FX
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 19, 2023 19:29

Re: Stones series to be shopped as it fell victim to Disney cuts at FX
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 19, 2023 19:53

From Deadline:

A major series chronicling the band's glory years has taken "a tumble" out of development with FX amid wider content cuts at Disney, according to the show's producer.

Andy Harries, CEO of The Crown producer Left Bank Pictures, said he was "regrouping" on the show and having conversations about its future - both in terms of a new home and showrunner.

"It's not in with FX [anymore], unfortunately," Harries told Deadline. "It did take a tumble out because of the cutbacks at Disney. It was just too expensive and too ambitious for the immediate agenda."

He added, "John Landgraf was really effusive about the scripts and ambition for the show, but he just didn't feel that he was going to be able to get it greenlit in the next two years."
Harries would not rule out returning to FX with the project, but he is exploring other options for the show after the Stones permitted use of their music in the series.

"I'm having live-ish conversations," he said. "It really needs a writer with a specific vision for it. It needs a showrunner attached who's got the time and the energy and is totally absorbed by it."

Deadline reported in 2020 that the series was in development with FX, with High Fidelity author Nick Hornby attached.

The show was set to focus on the Stones' glory years, from the band's formation to 1972. This encompasses a run of hit albums including Their Satanic Majesties Request, Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 21, 2023 00:45

maybe not a popular opinion but really i'm glad this show didn't happen

i was really dreading the possible trainwreck that could have resulted if this actually got made

to me these tv shows and movies about famous musician never really work and at best just make me cringe

plus the band doesn't need it they have a new hit album and a huge tour and another album on the horizon

but a multi season high budget documentary series like the beatles anthology series except longer and more extensive that i would watch

Posted by: JivinSisterFanny ()
Date: December 21, 2023 02:31

MileHigh
If you play Bill Wyman you don't get a single line!

Came here to say this precisely! Though he had a lot to say (on archival interviews) in the Stones Touring Party podcast.

Posted by: JivinSisterFanny ()
Date: December 21, 2023 02:35

matxil
That sounds very promising. The casting for The Crown was excellent, so if the casting of this series is going to be just as good, it's going to be a lot of fun. Noel Fielding as Keith in the 70s? Hm, the looks could work, but could he act grumpy and scary?

Wouldn't he be a better "Voodoo Lounge"-era Keith?

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: December 21, 2023 02:41

WW3 time period between Mick and the rest of the band
Would be quite interesting

Posted by: woodyweaving ()
Date: December 21, 2023 10:38

I'm glad that you (and others) have expressed similar opinions like this as I feel the same way.
I'm a Bowie fan too and I've always appreciated how his son Duncan has protected his legacy and to the best of my knowledge not allowed his father's music to be licensed for these sorts of things.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 21, 2023 11:02

It would be absolute drivel...

...just like The Crown.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: December 21, 2023 13:21

I am disappointed it isn’t happening because I was already looking forward to the setlist complaints.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 21, 2023 13:40

I suppose the page after page of ripping it to shreds on these pages may have been fun grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home