Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
FX Developing The Rolling Stones Drama Limited Series From ‘The Crown’ Producer Left Bank
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 11, 2020 05:45

Is this for real or bogus? This is the first I've heard of this.

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

[deadline.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-11 06:18 by Sighunt.

Re: FX Developing The Rolling Stones Drama Limited Series From ‘The Crown’ Producer Left Bank
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 11, 2020 06:04

Real.

This should be interesting..

The Rolling Stones are set to be immortalized on television in a new limited series for FX from the team behind The Crown.

The Sticky Fingers rockers are for the first time allowing their music to be used for a drama. FX boss John Landgraf said that they are in advanced talks for the project, which will be written by High Fidelity author Nick Hornby, and is set for a two season order.

The high-end series will focus on the band’s glory years between its formation through to 1972, which includes a fantastic run of hit albums such as Their Satanic Majesties Request, Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street.
[deadline.com]

"Additionally, FX is in advanced talks for a scripted drama series that explores the formation of the iconic rock band The Rolling Stones. Landgraf noted the series would take place from the band's formation in the early 1960s through 1972. Nick Hornby (High Fidelity, About a Boy) is overseeing the series, which Landgraf noted would be for a two-season order. The series hails from The Crown producers Left Bank."
[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-11 06:15 by MisterDDDD.

Re: FX Developing The Rolling Stones Drama Limited Series From ‘The Crown’ Producer Left Bank
Date: December 11, 2020 07:58

Interesting "From the team behind The Crown". Thank you for sharing smileys with beer

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: December 11, 2020 12:07

I didn't think something like this would happen in Mick & Keith's lifetimes. Very interesting.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: December 11, 2020 12:14

Why do they need to approve?
It’s a show about the early years. They don’t own the rights.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: December 11, 2020 13:02

That's interesting!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 11, 2020 13:40

BowieStone
Why do they need to approve?
It’s a show about the early years. They don’t own the rights.

They could fictionalize a lot (and undoubtably will) but this is probably the main reason ... "for the first time allowing their music to be used"..

Be interesting to see if they have any other input.. doubtful, but in exchange for granting the music rights, perhaps some creative control/input.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: December 11, 2020 17:06

This is big

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: December 11, 2020 17:20

Spoiler alert: Brian dies.

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: December 11, 2020 17:26

Will they have to give a warning saying it’s a drama series as in all the fuss about the crown??
Intriguing though, potentially I could see it being quite good..Netflix isn’t short of money!!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 11, 2020 18:24

Nick Hornby as writer sounds promising.

Date: December 11, 2020 19:00

Won't be as good as Stella Street.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 11, 2020 19:15

These quasi-non-fictionalized type of films, tv shows, etc. are usually underwhelming and/or unintentionally funny.
There's so much that can go wrong - from the chosen actors to the script itself, and everything in between.
The Rolling Stones soap opera....not really something that needs to exist, especially while the band still exists.

Date: December 11, 2020 19:17

Heard from a friend that Noel Fielding is playing Keith in the 70s episodes.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 11, 2020 19:33

Green Lady
Nick Hornby as writer sounds promising.

Yes!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 11, 2020 19:48

Who's going to play Mick??!!

Wasn't Harry Styles slated at one time to play him? Must admit that there is some resemblance.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 11, 2020 22:25

Heard from a friend that Noel Fielding is playing Keith in the 70s episodes.

oooowwww thats a kinda worry ..... and what about the 70's teeth

ROCKMAN

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: December 12, 2020 01:25

From Boosh to Bake off. Proper sell out.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 12, 2020 02:28

It has the potential for greatness. I would love to see the pop/psychedelic phase from '66 to early '68 done really well. That's when saying "it's a gas" meant "it's sick."

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: December 12, 2020 06:03

James Jagger should play Mick... I know, I know, absolutely not going to happen. but oh my. Or Rami Malek, if he hadn't already played Freddie... He would have been an even better Mick Jagger, I believe. Yeah, this project makes me nervous as much as it does excited. I'll watch, but with much anxiety over how it could so easily fail and fail badly.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: December 12, 2020 13:22

WorriedAboutYou
Spoiler alert: Brian dies.

Oh No!!! You just ruined first season!! grinning smiley

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: December 12, 2020 15:11

Tate
James Jagger should play Mick... I know, I know, absolutely not going to happen. but oh my. Or Rami Malek, if he hadn't already played Freddie... He would have been an even better Mick Jagger, I believe. Yeah, this project makes me nervous as much as it does excited. I'll watch, but with much anxiety over how it could so easily fail and fail badly.

I’m hoping for the best, but I could also see it being a hit with everyone but those of us who know too much and want to see it the most! We’ll pick apart every little mistake!!!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 12, 2020 18:40

HalfNanker
Tate

I’m hoping for the best, but I could also see it being a hit with everyone but those of us who know too much and want to see it the most! We’ll pick apart every little mistake!!!

With exceptions, just about every movie/tv drama/bio-pic I have ever seen re: known or famous people takes liberties with the subject matter to entice viewers. Where I live, they call it ratings (LOL)!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-12 18:43 by Sighunt.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: December 14, 2020 20:22

That sounds very promising. The casting for The Crown was excellent, so if the casting of this series is going to be just as good, it's going to be a lot of fun. Noel Fielding as Keith in the 70s? Hm, the looks could work, but could he act grumpy and scary?

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 14, 2020 20:27

If you play Bill Wyman you don't get a single line!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 14, 2020 21:13

Easy pay day for the Twins .

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: December 15, 2020 04:49

Let's begin the fancasting!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 15, 2020 10:18

I enjoyed a couple of the Beatles in Hamburg made for TV movies years back. John was a compelling character. Of course they'll screw up Bill, and go overboard on Brian.

Posted by: geoffc ()
Date: December 17, 2020 17:33

They should hire with sssoul to review the scripts...

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: December 17, 2020 18:24

An Alien and Rolling Stones series? Good that they don‘t plan on covering the later years because H.R. Giger would certainly be needed to do the makeup for Keith...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1952
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home