Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Fleetwood Mac - "Oh well"
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 11, 2020 02:10

... after fifty years, I finally knows who plays the acoustic part on Oh well by Fleetwood Mac

[youtu.be]

Always thought it was Peter........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-19 19:27 by bv.

Re: after fifty years, I finally knows who plays the acoustic part on Oh well by Fleetwood Mac
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: December 11, 2020 02:23

thumbs up

Re: after fifty years, I finally knows who plays the acoustic part on Oh well by Fleetwood Mac
Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: December 19, 2020 16:32

NICOS
[youtu.be]

Wow!! Great find! I love it when new Peter Green era FM footage surfaces (new to me anyway).

I still think it probably is Peter Green playing most of the guitar parts on this track. My recollection is that this was his masterpiece composition (along with Albatross).

It may be that Danny is just doing it for the video because Peter was doing something else. You can also see Jeremy Spencer playing in the video, while it's widely known that he barely contributed anything to Then Play On, let alone Oh Well.

What's also really interesting is seeing Danny using Peter's famous Les Paul before quickly switching to that acoustic.

I could be wrong though, This is just speculation on my part.

Maybe ash could chime in if he's still a regular around here.

thumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 19, 2020 17:38

achilles77
NICOS
[youtu.be]

Wow!! Great find! I love it when new Peter Green era FM footage surfaces (new to me anyway).

I still think it probably is Peter Green playing most of the guitar parts on this track. My recollection is that this was his masterpiece composition (along with Albatross).

It may be that Danny is just doing it for the video because Peter was doing something else. You can also see Jeremy Spencer playing in the video, while it's widely known that he barely contributed anything to Then Play On, let alone Oh Well.

What's also really interesting is seeing Danny using Peter's famous Les Paul before quickly switching to that acoustic.

I could be wrong though, This is just speculation on my part.

Maybe ash could chime in if he's still a regular around here.

thumbs up

You may be right on this as i always thought it was peter on aucoutic...... but they other hand I think Danny was capable to do this solo

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: December 20, 2020 10:45

achilles77
I love it when new Peter Green era FM footage surfaces

Have a look here:

[smilingcorgipress.com]

Regarding "Oh Well" from Wikipedia:

"Peter Green wrote what would be part 2 of "Oh Well" on a Ramirez Spanish guitar, which he purchased after hearing the instrument on the radio.[3] "Part 1", which Green dismissed as a "throwaway riff", was intended to appear on the flip side of Part 2.[4]"

"Where the second part follows, there is a brief pause before Green's sombre, Spanish-style acoustic guitar and low electric guitar,[5] leading to further instrumental passages of recorder, cello and piano, the latter played by Jeremy Spencer. This was Spencer's only contribution to the song, as he was absent from the recording of "Part 1", and Green played all the other instruments heard during "Part 2"."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-20 11:45 by Rank Stranger.

Re: OT: Fleetwood Mac - "Oh well"
Posted by: bob r ()
Date: December 20, 2020 15:33

Peter Green was great !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1234
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home