Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

From Elvis In Nashville
Posted by: tupelo68 ()
Date: December 7, 2020 20:11

Hi,

Some Elvis fans 'round here ?
I've just bought the 4 cd set "From Elvis in Nashville" and it's just one of the best reissue of the King. A little wonderful band lead by a fantastic singer, without overdubs, without orchestra. A must have of 2020. Wish we could have those kind of live in studio for the Stones.

I've got my Mojo working...

T.

Re: From Elvis In Nashville
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 7, 2020 20:26

Had read this was supposed to be a great release, Glad to hear a good review.

Saw this when googling it.. Just purchased direct from Graceland..
special colored vinyl day for me apparently. A good deal at $24.98

[store.graceland.com]

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 7, 2020 20:32

Fantastic!! Thank you Tupelo68. I am listening to it on Napster.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 7, 2020 21:09

Yes, its excellent. I always liked these sessions but hearing them as nature intended is very special. Great to hear plenty of Charlie McCoy's playing all over them.

Date: December 8, 2020 03:50

His " I got my mojo working" is pretty awesome. The rythm section kills! Elvis is swinging it, man and James Burton is on point. That band is pure rock and roll, playing what Elvis calls, cracking up, "mediocre Shit". Those Nashville cats know their stuff, for sure.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: December 8, 2020 19:59

Elvis.

He lives in my town. He is a friendly guy. We strive to keep the secrecy of his whereabouts. Some nights he sings at the bar.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 8, 2020 20:09

It's a super collection from probably his best post comeback period.

Date: December 9, 2020 13:57

I wonder what Elvis thought of the evolution of rockandroll music in 1970. Listening to those recordings, it seems that Elvis was not influenced by the new sounds and new musical ideas that prominent bands like the Stones, Led Zeppelin, MC5 were producing. "From Elvis in Nashville" just the concept carried by that title anchors Elvis in tradition. On lot of the slow songs Elvis's voice is the voice of a crooner, not of a rocker. My favorites are the rockers but Elvis picked up all of the songs himself so those recordings are his. The King in his older age had turned into a musically conservative artist: that is fine.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-10 17:42 by rollmops.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2166
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home