Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
She Was Hot (Extended Version)
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: December 4, 2020 19:41

Is anyone else out there crazy about the extended version of She Was Hot? I thought the Shine A Light live version was a highlight of the film (Whoooo!) but this track is insanely good... turn it up to 11 !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-04 19:42 by tomcat2006.

Re: She Was Hot (Extended Version)
Date: December 4, 2020 19:53

Love it!

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: December 4, 2020 20:01

Agreed! Always loved this version of one of their most underrated songs.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 4, 2020 20:08

I can't see why 2 minutes more makes it better?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 4, 2020 20:19

I like the extended version a lot, but the Shine a Light version not so much -there's really not much about the Shine a Light film/soundtrack that I like.
My favorite is the original single version w/the original tongue-shaped vinyl picture disk single I bought back in '83 w/the great I Think I'm Going Mad on the B-side.

(image found via google- not my copy)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-04 20:21 by Hairball.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 4, 2020 21:52

Stoneage

For me, it's one of those songs that you want to just keep going, so an extended version makes total sense.

Date: December 4, 2020 22:04

Stoneage

The guitars! Good stuff.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 4, 2020 22:39

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 4, 2020 23:05

I prefer this version:
[youtu.be]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 5, 2020 01:24

Stoneage

It's unedited. It has all the lyrics in it, apparently, and unlike the video single, it's just the song, not all the noises added to it.

Great song. They've never done it worth a damn live but the studio version, "extended" or LP, is killer.

Date: December 5, 2020 01:29

Radio edit

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: December 5, 2020 13:02

Hairball
I like the extended version a lot, but the Shine a Light version not so much -there's really not much about the Shine a Light film/soundtrack that I like.
My favorite is the original single version w/the original tongue-shaped vinyl picture disk single I bought back in '83 w/the great I Think I'm Going Mad on the B-side.

(image found via google- not my copy)

Is the difference between the single version and the album version? I never noticed that.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: December 5, 2020 14:35

Stoneage

2 Minutes more of anything good is better.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: December 5, 2020 15:31

I recently found my picture disc .Cost £1.99 from HMV London.

Date: December 5, 2020 19:57

deardoctor
Hairball

Is the difference between the single version and the album version? I never noticed that.

Not sure I quite follow ...you never noticed what?
The picture disc single version I posted above is the same length as the album version if that's what you're referring to - there's no difference unlike the shorter radio edit posted above by Gaslight.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 5, 2020 21:18

The official video version (length) makes sense.
Imagine "Wendy" during those two (very nice) instrumental minutes at the end of the extended version ... the clip would surely have been banned from TV in those days grinning smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 5, 2020 22:44

LD was hot but Mr Licky was so dopey
he just got a hammer and extended the house ...... HHHaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 5, 2020 23:46

I like the extended version better. Sounds looser. Maybe it's a hair too long, but the original album version is kind of stiff. I think that's why it was welcome on the 2006 USA tour. Played live gave it room to breathe.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: December 6, 2020 00:15

I think there are two extended versions. The one that was leaked to the radio station sounds like it has double-tracked vocals, electronic drums and the guitars are very loud in the mix.

[www.youtube.com]

The other one is basically the same with double-tracked vocals but doesn't seem to contain the electronic drums and the guitars are lower in the mix.

[www.youtube.com]

The extended version is wonderful and really wish it was released as a 12" single.

Date: December 6, 2020 01:47

JordyLicks96
I think there are two extended versions. The one that was leaked to the radio station sounds like it has double-tracked vocals, electronic drums and the guitars are very loud in the mix.

[www.youtube.com]

The other one is basically the same with double-tracked vocals but doesn't seem to contain the electronic drums and the guitars are lower in the mix.

[www.youtube.com]

The extended version is wonderful and really wish it was released as a 12" single.

Those are the same version.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: December 6, 2020 16:08

ryanpow
Stoneage

For me, it's one of those songs that you want to just keep going, so an extended version makes total sense.

You got it!

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: December 6, 2020 17:46

Hairball
deardoctor
Hairball

The picture disc single version I posted above is the same length as the album version if that's what you're referring to - there's no difference unlike the shorter radio edit posted above by Gaslight.

Ok, I got it. If you emphasize a SINGLE VERSION, it is suggested, that there could be differences to the album version, like All down the line, where the single version got more overdubs. But probably you just wanted to show your shaped disc, which is a nice one cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-06 17:48 by deardoctor.

Date: December 6, 2020 17:51

It would be great if these unedited versions were officially released (yet alone loads of others).

Emotional Rescue

Send It To Me

Date: December 6, 2020 20:16

deardoctor
Hairball
deardoctor
Hairball

Ok, I got it. If you emphasize a SINGLE VERSION, it is suggested, that there could be differences to the album version, like All down the line, where the single version got more overdubs. But probably you just wanted to show your shaped disc, which is a nice one cool smiley

OK, understood. I didn't intend to emphasize the single version lengthwise, soundwise, or to say there were any differences between it and the album.
You're right, I just wanted to show off the original tongue-shaped vinyl picture disk single smiling smiley as it's one of the nicest looking singles I own from any band!
They're really not rare, or worth much money - I saw a few on discogs starting at around $25 in good condition (SheWasHot), though some sites ask way more for it.
Being that it's a UK release it was probably considered an import, and I could have paid close to $15 or $20 for it brand new way back when at my local US record store.
A shame the Stones don't do more singles like this these days - now they're just one-sided, and might be colored vinyl at the most.
The recent Ride 'em on Down, She's a Rainbow live, Ghost Town...all one sided singles...would it kill them to slap on a song to the b-side?

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 6, 2020 20:44

Kennedy

[www.youtube.com]

great version

Date: December 7, 2020 01:14

The days of finding the promo CD (or VD, ha ha, vinyl disc) with the edit version, which sometimes was a slightly different mix as well, and the LP version were great.

The last one I got was Plundered My Soul, with the LP version and the UK single version (mix).

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 7, 2020 02:20

The extended She Was Hot is great, extra special. Love it! Love the Shine a Light version live and the original LP version.

Date: December 7, 2020 03:15

GasLightStreet
It would be great if these unedited versions were officially released (yet alone loads of others).

Emotional Rescue

Send It To Me

Very cool! Especially the end of Send it to Me.

Will someone please tell me where to find these on a bootleg? Thanks!

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 7, 2020 04:56

exilestones
GasLightStreet

Emotional Rescue

Send It To Me

If you can live with a 128k mp3 version then it's free. 4K Video Downloader.

Date: December 7, 2020 06:39

MileHigh
exilestones
GasLightStreet

If you can live with a 128k mp3 version then it's free. 4K Video Downloader.

Thanks. I hate mp3. I know it's on some bootleg.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home