Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: What was your first Experience of buying a Stones Bootleg?
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: December 13, 2020 00:41

Great stories guy's . Loving your responses. I always remember I needed more than the standard releases, That's what drove me on to collecting anything I could that was not official, At one point if Jagger farted I had to have it on tape lol !! . Keep your stories coming .thumbs up

Posted by: Steen G ()
Date: December 13, 2020 18:41

I shopped my first in London in 1973. I had been staying in Cambridge for a week (language school tour - from Denmark) when we moved to London for a short week-end stay. Checking in the hotel, turned on the radio and the very first song was - I assume - the very first airplay of Angie.
Anyway later that day when to a street market (or some) and among other things (like stickers saying: Get something exciting between your legs) I shopped two Stones bootlegs. I don't remember the one for anything, but the other one was in a pure white cover - nothing written on it. I still remember that record for a great version of "You've got to move" with as far as I could here was just Mick and Keith. No bass, no drums, and the guitar sounded like a homemade board stringed up.

Anyways I lost all my records a few years later due to a burglary in a club where I DJ'ed from time to time. Later I got most back (stamped with the Danish Police) as they had been discovered from a lake. But not that bootleg - it was gone - together with a few other rarities.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 13, 2020 22:42

Sounds like it was probably Live'r Than You'll Ever Be
and the thieving bastard was a fan of the '69 Tour ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Ebling ()
Date: December 14, 2020 00:28

Two great record stores that are now sadly defunct set the table for my bootleg jones in the early 80s: Exile in Lawrence, KS and The House Of Sight And Sound in Salina, KS. My first couple of batches of boot vinyl included the Hampton 81 box, Diverse Harmonics (studio outs), Marquee Club 71, Baltimore 69, and Accidents Will Happen (Claudine). Just earth-shattering at the time.

It completely illustrated the vast disparity between the indie shops and the corporate places like Musicland or Sam Goody. You weren't buying Claudine at Sam Goody in 1982.

And because I spent all those years hunting for boots I will never take the resources we have now for granted.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home