Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ISO Cancelled London concert date
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: November 27, 2020 16:06

I think my memory is finally starting to go........

What was the date of the Saturday London UK concert that was cancelled because Keith cut his finger ???

Any help gratefully received.

(Keith can always play the right notes....but not necessarily in the right order)

Re: ISO Cancelled London concert date
Posted by: slane82 ()
Date: November 27, 2020 16:26

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 27, 2020 17:01

I remember him mentioning the cut finger onstage in Glasgow on 9th July "and I don't give a shit"!

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: November 27, 2020 17:08

I remember seeing a cartoon in the newspaper about this incident at the time which went something like

Keith - Mick, I've cut my finger, what should I do?
Mick - Let it bleed, man!

Probably not doing this justice but very Stella Street.

Date: November 27, 2020 17:43

Thank you Slane82......

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 27, 2020 20:07

I don't know what happened with any London shows (I heard a rumour a couple were cancelled and replaced with the two Steel wheels shows at the end of August. (as opposed to Urban Jungle - I also heard these SW shows were put on for the IMAX recordings ...I don't know....

This I do know for sure, the Cardiff show was supposed to be on Weds 11th July - I was just about to leave the house and it came on the local radio that the show had been postponed until the following Monday 16th July - we were told it was because Keith had poked a guitar string up under his finger nail and it had gone septic...................I've still got the ticket - £20.(inc. VAT.........

True?...I don't know but dates of the show were definitely swapped.....

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 27, 2020 20:15

I think it was the weekend of 14th and 15th July . I have the ticket somewhere and ended up at the final gig in August instead. Bill's last show as a member.

sc uk

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 27, 2020 21:10

The shows postponed were

Cardiff 11th July (moved to 16th July to fill the date previously held by the already cancelled Dublin show)

London 13th July and 14th July (moved to 24th and 25th August). So the 'Saturday' gig was the 14th July concert.

the injury took place at the soundcheck before the third London show on 7th July I think. Keith went ahead and played the Glasgow show on 9th July (see teleblaster's post above. How we laughed at Keith's comment that evening - 180,000 people werent laughing so much later that week!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-27 21:10 by Gazza.

Date: November 28, 2020 01:12

Well thank you to all the above and especially to Gazza for really nailing it.

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: November 28, 2020 08:19

My friends and I flew from Vancouver for the London gigs on the 13th & 14th. We were lined up at Wembley stadium waiting to get in when they canceled the first show about 15 minutes before the gates opened. The next morning we heard at breakfast that the second show was canceled. We were extremely disappointed to say the least. We ended up going to Newcastle then both Manchester shows without tickets ahead of time. Picked up tickets the morning of each show for 20 pounds each (general admission) and ended up front row between Keith and Bill for all three shows. Best concert trip I have ever experienced.

Posted by: z ()
Date: November 28, 2020 11:41

Posted by: z ()
Date: November 28, 2020 13:00

I wouldn't have made it to these shows if it wasn't for the postponed dates. Thanks Keith!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1902
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home