Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Lucinda Williams to stream a Stones set New Year’s Eve
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 1, 2021 23:39

marclaff
Midimannz
Well My friend.
I'm only 65 ..

If you want it mate, my email is here, I can send it to you

I'll be 65 in 15 days...
So, if you can send me something, i 'll be grateful
[email protected]

Your email bounced back to me

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 2, 2021 00:43

midimannz
Well My friend.
I'm only 65 ..

If you want it mate, my email is here, I can send it to you

Thanks very much!

Re: Lucinda Williams & Buick 6 to stream a Stones set New Year’s Eve
Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: January 2, 2021 03:56

resotele
Dylan :

It Takes A Lot To Laugh
Everything Is Broken
Political World
Man Of Peace
Not Dark Yet
Meet Me In The Morning
Blind Willie McTell
Tryin' To Get To Heaven
Queen Jane Approximately
Idiot Wind
Make You Feel My Love

Petty:

Rebels
Runnin' Down A Dream
Gainesville
Louisiana Rain
I Won't Back Down
A Face In The Crowd
Wildflowers
You Wreck Me
Room At The Top
You Don't Know How It Feels
Down South
Southern Accents
Stolen Moments

Store for Lu's Jukebox :

[stores.portmerch.com]

I will order some ...

Resotele

Wow, they’re looking good!

I watched the Stones show. The band was smoking and the arrangements were cool. Good song choices, too.
But Lu’s singing was a bit tough to listen from time to time. When she didn’t have to hit the high notes it was all right. Before they make me run would’ve suited her perfectly.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 2, 2021 04:27

Susan Teseschi probably the only woman alive who could tear the head off of Rip This Joint.
Just sayin'
I like Lucinda but looking for a little trouble.
First day of the year. Let's get it over with.
Lucinda fans?

Date: January 2, 2021 04:59

hopkins
Susan Teseschi probably the only woman alive who could tear the head off of Rip This Joint.
Just sayin'
Lucinda fans?

Love Susan.. long time fan from first listen.
Agree.. she would kill on Rip This Joint.

Was at this one.. great cover.

Another good one..

Posted by: zwi2001 ()
Date: January 2, 2021 13:41

Can you send it to me ?

thanks a lot, a happy new year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-02 20:45 by zwi2001.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 2, 2021 17:00

The Tedeschi Trucks Band covers of these Stones songs are some of my favorites. Give 'em a listen if you haven't discovered them already.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: January 2, 2021 17:11

It seems the Lucinda Band take on SFTD pays homage to the Ya-Yas version. And Time Waits ... gave Mick T a nod (naturally)

HBK

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: January 2, 2021 18:17

Thanks a lot Midimannz.
Must get Wondershare thumbs up

All the Best!

Date: January 2, 2021 20:24

Hi I use Cyberlink Screen Capture - register and it's free for Windows
I hardly uses any processing power at all

[www.cyberlink.com]

Posted by: Andithurts ()
Date: January 3, 2021 00:37

Thank you very much midimanz!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 3, 2021 02:14

Enjoyed the show.

I missed SFM, the opener while the show was getting set up.

I really liked YCAGWYW at the end.

Wondering is the show still up to iisten to, if you had a ticket?
(Going to look.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: January 3, 2021 16:32

All of the previous shows in this series were made available for download for $10 right after the live stream, the Stones set hasn’t shown up yet. I wonder if they hit a copyright snag with ABKCO. It wouldn’t surprise me!

Date: January 3, 2021 17:14

Ross
All of the previous shows in this series were made available for download for $10 right after the live stream, the Stones set hasn’t shown up yet. I wonder if they hit a copyright snag with ABKCO. It wouldn’t surprise me!

I hadn't paid attn to the download being available right away on the others. Assumed there was a delay so they could sell more cd and album pre-orders.
Seems a copyright issue would be applicable to all the platforms but ??.
Clocking in at one hour, twenty-two minutes I'm wondering if it will be a double album..

Date: January 3, 2021 19:07

MisterDDDD
Ross

I hadn't paid attn to the download being available right away on the others. Assumed there was a delay so they could sell more cd and album pre-orders.
Seems a copyright issue would be applicable to all the platforms but ??.
Clocking in at one hour, twenty-two minutes I'm wondering if it will be a double album..

The CDs and vinyl aren’t available until Spring, maybe they hope they can resolve any conflicts by then. It might need to be a double on vinyl, but the downloads of the other shows cut out the dialog, if they do that it should fit on one disc.

The delay could just be due to the holiday.

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: January 3, 2021 19:43

I have ordered the Petty, Dylan, Stones and Southern Soul CDs, for $ 15-- each. I know that they will be shipped in spring or who knows when... and I recieved a download link for all four sets. Downloading worked, I burned my CDs and listen to them, and I am looking forward for the regular silver discs to arrive in spring (or later).

The performaces are outstanding. The guitars are just great, and Lu's vocals are very expressive. My most loved set until now : Southern Soul... and the Stones set is also great

Resotele

Date: January 3, 2021 23:33

resotele
I have ordered the Petty, Dylan, Stones and Southern Soul CDs, for $ 15-- each. I know that they will be shipped in spring or who knows when... and I recieved a download link for all four sets. Downloading worked, I burned my CDs and listen to them, and I am looking forward for the regular silver discs to arrive in spring (or later).

The performaces are outstanding. The guitars are just great, and Lu's vocals are very expressive. My most loved set until now : Southern Soul... and the Stones set is also great

Resotele

Thanks! I just heard back that they will send the link sometime next week for the Stones set. I have all of the others and agree that they are great! I recommend the country one also, and the Christmas set is fun, but the least mandatory!

Thanks!

Ross

Date: January 3, 2021 23:41

I have sent am email to ask what the delay is on her Stones Show

Hi!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show.

If you purchased the digital download you can expect to receive download codes directly from Lucinda's team 1 week after the show. Downloads will be AAC files at 256kbps.

All the best,

Joe
Mandolin Show Support

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-04 02:49 by midimannz.

Posted by: usetobesampeg ()
Date: January 4, 2021 23:37

All the Best![/quote]
Sorry I missed the stream I'd love a copy this show midimannz & I'll have to check out Cyberlink I've been using applian replay video capture,
Cheers,

midimannz
Hi I use Cyberlink Screen Capture - register and it's free for Windows
I hardly uses any processing power at all

[www.cyberlink.com]

Date: January 5, 2021 01:36

Download option available now at Lu's store.
$10
[stores.portmerch.com]

Worth noting that none of these shows have appeared on other streaming services, Spotify, Apple etc. Don't believe they will be.

Unfortunately no Stones poster made.. but this $20 autographed Petty one (Dylan's sold out) is pretty cool..

[stores.portmerch.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-05 01:39 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 5, 2021 01:47

It's nice to 'buy' an autograph (and on a poster for $20 is very reasonable), but to me, it's much more treasured if you actually get it firsthand from the artist.

Date: January 5, 2021 01:54

mosthigh
It's nice to 'buy' an autograph (and on a poster for $20 is very reasonable), but to me, it's much more treasured if you actually get it firsthand from the artist.

Of course.
Still, nice gesture on her part for these.

Funny, but I snagged one of these even after having had her personalize a few items over the decades. Always a little uncomfortable doing that in person so this works well as I like the poster, and hand signed makes each one a bit unique.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-05 01:59 by MisterDDDD.

Date: January 6, 2021 20:50

MisterDDDD
$10
[stores.portmerch.com]

Worth noting that none of these shows have appeared on other streaming services, Spotify, Apple etc. Don't believe they will be.

This is about the best $10 you will spend! These tracks get better with each listening, and, hopefully, support for this endeavor will lead to more similar projects. Actually, all 6 sets are fantastic, particularly Dylan, Southern Soul, The country one, and The Stones.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 6, 2021 22:31

MisterDDDD
hopkins
Just sayin'
Lucinda fans?

Love Susan.. long time fan from first listen.
Agree.. she would kill on Rip This Joint.

Was at this one.. great cover.

Another good one..

Thank You and WOW.
She's just wonderful.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 8, 2021 15:28

Ross
MisterDDDD
$10
[stores.portmerch.com]

This is about the best $10 you will spend! These tracks get better with each listening, and, hopefully, support for this endeavor will lead to more similar projects. Actually, all 6 sets are fantastic, particularly Dylan, Southern Soul, The country one, and The Stones.

Wonder if there will be more? And maybe a boxset of them all later?

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: January 9, 2021 19:15

just bought this. Pretty good stuff. There's an interesting set-list guys.........
john

Date: May 3, 2021 19:00

Lucinda Williams suffered a stroke this last November.
The Good news is that she is expected to make a full recovery, and that her brain was reportedly not affected by it.

This may explain the delay on getting some of these physical releases out for those still waiting. The tracks were recorded prior to the medical event.

I have known about this for a while, but not to the extent that is now known.
The Rolling Stone published an article about it today.

Lucinda Williams Had a Stroke Last Year. She’s Ready to Sing Again
Americana songwriter opens up about a frightening health episode in November that affected the left side of her body

A few days before Thanksgiving last year, Lucinda Williams was in the bathroom of her Nashville home getting ready to take a shower when she began to have trouble keeping her balance. She stumbled a bit and couldn’t stand up straight. Even more frightening, Williams couldn’t walk. She called out to her husband, Tom Overby, who happened to be on the phone with their primary care physician. When he relayed Williams’ symptoms to their doctor, he was told to quickly get her to a hospital.

The Americana singer-songwriter, 67 at the time, was having a stroke.
“An ambulance came and got me and we told them not to put the big siren on. We didn’t want to alarm the neighbors or anything,” Williams tells Rolling Stone in her first interview since suffering the stroke on November 17th. “But they put the siren on.”

Williams was rushed to Nashville’s Vanderbilt Medical Center, where she spent a week in the intensive care unit undergoing a barrage of tests. Doctors discovered a blood clot on the right side of her brain, which affected the left side of her body. Williams was transferred to a rehabilitation center at Vanderbilt to begin a monthlong treatment of therapy. Finally, five weeks after the episode, on December 21st, she was discharged and returned home.

The health scare comes amid a career renaissance for the roots-music icon, who has influenced artists from Jason Isbell and Miranda Lambert to Gillian Welch and Waxahatchee. Her 2020 album Good Souls Better Angels was released to critical raves and earned her a pair of Grammy nominations. She spent a good portion of the pandemic performing covers and her own material in the livestream series Lu’s Jukebox (recorded before the stroke) and talked about her watershed album Car Wheels on a Gravel Road as part of Rolling Stone‘s RS500 Greatest Albums podcast.

For the past six months, Williams, who turned 68 in January, has been working with therapists to fix the damage done by the stroke. She walks with a cane, has lingering pain in her left arm and leg, and is unable to play guitar. But according to Overby, her prognosis is a 100 percent recovery, as doctors saw no signs of brain damage.

“What happens is your brain gets all… the wires get all crossed and you have to retrain your brain basically, to tell your arm to do whatever it is you’re trying to do,” Williams says. “So that’s the biggest challenge.”
Williams didn’t suffer speech aphasia from the stroke and she’s typically droll in describing her regimen of treatment from the aides and therapists who swarm her home.

“It feels like we’re in somebody else’s house,” she says. “I do, like, walking, with the cane and they watch me and see how well I’m doing. And then I have to do hand and arm exercises. It’s really about regaining my strength and mobility, and range of motion. That’s what they work with me on.”

As her condition began to improve, she and Overby slowly started to tell friends and peers what had happened. She says some acquaintances still don’t know.
“I thought about going to Facebook, but I didn’t want to make it a big, alarming thing. Because you know how Facebook is — everybody’s like, ‘We’re praying for you and everything,’ you know? I didn’t want people to overreact,” she says. “I kind of felt like going off the grid a little bit.”

Williams was scheduled to perform at this weekend’s Mile 0 Festival in Key West, Florida, but canceled the appearance in late April. She has little doubt about performing live in the future and is targeting mid-summer for a return to the stage.

“I feel good and positive about playing again. We’ve got some shows scheduled with Jason Isbell for late July and we’re planning on doing those,” Williams says. “I don’t know if I’ll stand up and sing or I’ll sit down like an old blues person. But we’ll figure it out.”

In the meantime, Williams says she’s been writing (“I’ve got a bunch of lyrics, but I don’t have the music because it’s been hard to sit and play”) and recently traveled to her producer Ray Kennedy’s Nashville studio to attempt vocals for an upcoming project by her friend Chrissie Hynde.

“It’s actually the Rolling Stones song ‘Sway,'” Williams says. “She wanted me to try singing and we went in the studio and I did a vocal. That felt good.”
Overall, Williams seems unperturbed by the whole affair. She’s matter of fact in recounting the details and wonders only what caused the stroke. “A lot of times it could be stress and all that, but [the doctors] didn’t know for sure,” she says. To her knowledge, no one in her family had ever had one. “You hear about these things all the time. Usually, it’s somebody much older. That’s what I was surprised about, you know?”

When asked if she has a message for her fans, Williams pauses before reassuring them not to worry.
“The main thing is I can still sing. I’m singing my ass off, so that hasn’t been affected,” Williams says. “Can’t keep me down for too long.”
[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-03 19:02 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 3, 2021 19:17

Thanks for posting. Credit to Joseph Hudak for the interview.

Best wishes to Lu.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 3, 2021 20:10

My my. Thats a shocker. Glad she's hopeful of a full recovery.

I have tickets to see her in August (already postponed a year). Good to see she's optimistic about performing again this summer

Date: May 3, 2021 20:18

Which show(s) in August Gazza?

I am planning on several. The first one I have tix for is Vancouver in July.
But while Lu and Isbell may be able to play there by then, doubtful the border will be open for US fans.

Catching them at Red Rocks Aug.1st.. also have SF (two shows), Seattle, and Montana on the itinerary so far.
Will likely add a few depending on what else is going on (Stones NF etc winking smiley)

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home