Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT RIP Diego Maradona
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 26, 2020 22:37

wonderboy
Never set well with me that his most famous play was dishonest ... and him gloating about it.
He was a bad guy in so many ways. That overshadows his soccer playing, imo.

Like it or not certain people will always be given a pass for bad behaviour be it because they are beautiful,talented or charming in one way or another spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

When thinking of Maradona the vast majority of people will remember what he did on the football field first and foremost so your statement about his bad behaviour overshadowing his wonderful and highly successful football career is simply not true.

Nate

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: November 26, 2020 22:59

Nate

Like it or not certain people will always be given a pass for bad behaviour be it because they are beautiful,talented or charming in one way or another spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

When thinking of Maradona the vast majority of people will remember what he did on the football field first and foremost so your statement about his bad behaviour overshadowing his wonderful and highly successful football career is simply not true.

Nate

True enough. But not for me.
I can think of other soccer players I admired because I felt I could root for the whole person.
Pele was a man who handled the mantle of world-wide fame and represented himself in a good manner. Robert Baggio was a favorite of mine on the field and an interesting man in his personal self.

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: November 26, 2020 23:50

I think every people is different, so what you can think or feel about Maradona is different what other people can feel or think. And every different feeling is valid.

Like I said in my previous post is what I feel and think about him, and what I feel is that all the bad behavior of Maradona with his life, with his family, with his daughters, with all his kids he had all around the world and did not recognized, all of this eclipsed all his magic in the soccers field.

Note that I am from Argentina and I enjoyed Maradona in the 1986 and 1990 world cups but my feelings are my feelings and I can not change them.

Bye
Fernando

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 27, 2020 00:09

Fernandobsas
I think every people is different, so what you can think or feel about Maradona is different what other people can feel or think. And every different feeling is valid.

Like I said in my previous post is what I feel and think about him, and what I feel is that all the bad behavior of Maradona with his life, with his family, with his daughters, with all his kids he had all around the world and did not recognized, all of this eclipsed all his magic in the soccers field.

Note that I am from Argentina and I enjoyed Maradona in the 1986 and 1990 world cups but my feelings are my feelings and I can not change them.

Bye
Fernando

I understand and respect your view on Maradona and of course everyone is entitled to an opinion but it is undeniable that Maradona made many more people smile than he made miserable.

Nate

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: November 27, 2020 01:21

MadMax
The Greatest of them all. My team in Italy since 30 years is Napoli and they were the last club to play at my home team's ground before it was demolished.

Yesterday early afternoon I played Modern Times by Bob Dylan. Then suddenly at around 14.30 CET I experienced such a strange, melancholic, shall I say morbid feeling. So I decided to play I'm Outta Time by Oasis. Then I went to work.

17.30, 3 hours later, I receive a phone call from South America, the missus's brother, and he tells me Diego has croaked.

San Paolo, Napoli's home ground is from today renamed Stadio Diego Armando Maradona. I hope the number 10 shirt is forever removed in football.

LIVE FOREVER DIEGO

From Zico's instagram.
[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 27, 2020 01:59

He was buried this afternoon after being saluted by thousands in Buenos Aires.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 27, 2020 02:08

Fernandobsas
Hi,

Im from Argentina and would like just to add another point of view of Diego Maradona becouse I think or I feel that people are criyng somebody like Churchill.

Diego Armando Maradona was and incredible soccer player, one of the best of the times, but was only a soccer player, like a person he was and ass..le, he spend more than the half of his life beeing a cocaine addict, when he finally quit cocaine he start with alcohol. He support dictators like Fidel Castro in Cuba, he also support Chavez in Venezuela, then Maduro.

Bye
Fernando

Despite the combined adulation and enormous pressures that were on this magic fotballer, both as artist and as great captain for his teams Argentina and Napoli, you take it upon yourself at the very moment of his sad death, on a fan site for the Rolling Stones, to condemn Maradona for using cocaine and alcohol. There is no understanding for him with you. (One might wonder how you consider members of this band.)

And there is no reflection with you that Maradona's sympathies of a more or less political nature might have been formed by the situation with so many dictatorships in South America when he was a boy and a youth.

I feel pretty certain that quite many, who now grieve his early death, are fully aware of his weaknesses. Still they mourn him. Supporters of Boca, River Plate, Independiente and many more clubs unite in their grief, as you will be aware of. Many more of us round the world are sad about the loss of this charismatic fotball player as well. .

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: November 27, 2020 02:37

Witness

regarding what I think about the Stones and their use of cocaine, heroine, alcohol, etc I can not approve that.
I admire them as the rock musicians they are, the music they gave us, they are still alive, they know how to be millionaires at the end of their long lives, so they are very very inteligents in the way they run this compañy named Rolling Stones. They are family guys, Keith Richards has and adorable family, Mick the same (bigger than Keith one).

Maradona was the opposite, he wasted almost all his money, he destroyed his family, he end up selling himself to dictators for money, dictators that turns a rich country like Venezuela into one of the most poors countrys in the world.

Sorry fos having any respect for Maradona, even been from Argentina.

Bye
Fernando

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: November 27, 2020 02:48

RIP. Maradona was the greatest the beautiful game has ever seen. While there are other great players, like Pelé, Zidane, Messi and Ronaldo, they are confined – at least to some extent – by the laws of gravity, time and space. Maradona on the other hand was able to do things that did not seem possible. He seemed to exist outside of the laws of gravity, time and space. I saw him play in person once (at his first match in Europe). An unforgettable experience. When you saw Maradona play, everything seemed possible. Gracias, Diego!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-27 02:49 by MrEcho.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 27, 2020 23:49

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 28 November 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 28, 2020 03:27

thumbs up
Fernandobsas
Witness

regarding what I think about the Stones and their use of cocaine, heroine, alcohol, etc I can not approve that.
I admire them as the rock musicians they are, the music they gave us, they are still alive, they know how to be millionaires at the end of their long lives, so they are very very inteligents in the way they run this compañy named Rolling Stones. They are family guys, Keith Richards has and adorable family, Mick the same (bigger than Keith one).

Maradona was the opposite, he wasted almost all his money, he destroyed his family, he end up selling himself to dictators for money, dictators that turns a rich country like Venezuela into one of the most poors countrys in the world.

Bye
Fernando

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 28, 2020 13:41

ROPENI
thumbs up
Fernandobsas
Witness

Bye
Fernando

As it is now a shared view.

I never was a poster, who raged about alleged Stones greed or reduced their motives to almost solely earning money. Some posters do at times. Simply put, I am fine with their becoming very rich by giving joy to people.

On the other hand, I don't in any way admire the Stones because of their riches and despise Maradona, who probably also owed taxes, not paid, in Italy, for not being able to take care of his money. That is to me irrelevant in each case.

I don't idolize use of drugs, but it is not up to me to judge it (am I as a passionate wine drinker lifted above such use, and what about my love for druginspired music?), and I like to have some understanding for those that have used or use drugs out of various motives and in some cases remain dependent on it. My evaluation of their doings is not based upon their being able or even willing to break away from the habit.

When the Stones are lucky to have good families and Maradona apparently not, that is outside of my judgement, even if I am glad for the former, but don't criticize the latter.

Richness and "family values" are not criteria for me to admire some and condemn the other.

I consider Maradona's sometimes illjudged political sympathies somehow as expression of his solidarity with less privileged people. As such and so far, mark that, only so far, I do respect it.

By the way, to me there are some touches of this kind of sympathy, now to me of an uncontested positive kind, also in songs like "Undercover of the Night" and " Indian Girl".

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 28, 2020 14:51

The @AllBlacks pay tribute to Diego Maradona ahead of the haka.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 1, 2020 00:47

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 1 December 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: December 1, 2020 01:10

the greatest footballer ever, no one comes close, maradona could do anything, pass, cross, dribble, shoot, head, anything, he could do several things in the one move, love watching his youtube videos. he defied logic at times, so sad hes gone.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 4, 2020 12:33

TooTough
I recommend this one:

I don't know...it seems that Kusturica wanted to make more a documentary about himself than about Maradona. I like Asif Kapadia's much better.

I will skip to comment all those posts about Diego Maradona's morality. let me just add that I am from Naples. I was around when he was the captain of our team. Here we all know very well who the guy really was. And, like it or not, he was simply an hero (mind you: an hero, not a saint; very much like for all of us in this board Keith Richards is).

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: December 4, 2020 13:04

Wild Slivovitz
TooTough
I recommend this one:

I don't know...it seems that Kusturica wanted to make more a documentary about himself than about Maradona. I like Asif Kapadia's much better.

I will skip to comment all those posts about Diego Maradona's morality. let me just add that I am from Naples. I was around when he was the captain of our team. Here we all know very well who the guy really was. And, like it or not, he was simply an hero (mind you: an hero, not a saint; very much like for all of us in this board Keith Richards is).

Watched the Asif Kapadia's documentary a couple of days ago, didn't know about it. I enjoyed it immensely, lots of footage outside the field and about his life in Naples. It tells just as much about Maradona in those years, as the atmosphere and the idiosyncrasies of the city.

In the end, I get the feeling he was lucky to leave Napoli the way he did, and return to Argentina. Things were getting really dark.

His myth will live forever.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home