Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith and The Sopranos
Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: November 24, 2020 20:46

I'm listening to the Talking Sopranos podcast done by Michael Imperioli (Christopher) and Stephen Shirripa (Bobby)
Keith has come up a couple of times already.
Imperioli relates that they were friends, hung out together (with Ronnie), Keith went to at least one of the Sopranos premieres, Keith played Thru and Thru, which played on one episode at a sound check for Imperioli one time.
He describes Keith as a good friend, a smart man who knows a lot about a lot of things, and an underrated songwriter.
Pretty cool.

Re: Keith and The Sopranos
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 24, 2020 21:22

Yes Wonderboy I have been listening to this too, really interesting stuff. Make No Mistake by Keith was also used in The Sopranos in fact I always liked the music they chose for this series. Was hoping to attend when they (Michael and Steve) were coming to London but Covid put paid to that.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 24, 2020 22:26

I think Sopranos had other Stones songs too from time to time. I am pretty sure Moonlight Mile was used in an episode.

They would also have celebrity poker players at times, like Frank Sinatra Jr. and I think even David Lee Roth.

Posted by: danicarton ()
Date: November 24, 2020 23:09

Underrated songwriter? Keith Richards? Really?

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: November 25, 2020 01:19

If recall correctly, 'Undercover of the Night' was also used in an episode.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: November 25, 2020 02:23

danicarton
Underrated songwriter? Keith Richards? Really?

I do agree with that. Keith is so much known for the pirate act and being the riffmeister that the depth of quality of the songwriting isn't what most people think of first. You could say the same for Jagger.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 25, 2020 06:29

LeonidP
I think Sopranos had other Stones songs too from time to time. I am pretty sure Moonlight Mile was used in an episode.

They would also have celebrity poker players at times, like Frank Sinatra Jr. and I think even David Lee Roth.

I remember that episode, Sinatra Jr and DLR playing poker. Paulie calls Sinatra Jr "chairboy of the board".

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 25, 2020 15:28

JordyLicks96
If recall correctly, 'Undercover of the Night' was also used in an episode.

Yup, and Mooonlight Mile was used in Season six

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: November 25, 2020 22:48

"Run Rudolph Run" was used in Lillyhammer - Sopranos spin-off (sort of), with Steve Van Zandt basically playing the same character as Silvio, but set in Norway.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: November 27, 2020 04:23

HonkyTonkJan
"Run Rudolph Run" was used in Lillyhammer - Sopranos spin-off (sort of), with Steve Van Zandt basically playing the same character as Silvio, but set in Norway.

Great series!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home