Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anyone interested in participating in a "boot club" ?
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 22, 2020 01:17

I've posted this originally in the Buy/Sell/Trade section but I wanted to post this here in case there were more people who were interested.

I wondered if there were any members who would be interested in creating a regular "boot club"? The idea is simple: instead of a book club where we come together to review/discuss a book, we will be sharing and discussing a live bootleg. Hence: a boot club.

Very simply: each person will choose their favorite live bootleg (also provide a temporary download of the boot for the group), write up your own thoughts about why you chose that particular show (general observations to specific minute details), share it with the group and the rest of the group will listen to the show and come back to share the recording with the larger group.

Right now I think the focus will be on live stuff although I can see some studio boots making it into the discussions but I should say from the start that I think the emphasis should be on the live material.

Since there will be no actual shows to go to--this will in essence be our own way of going to a concert all together as a group from all parts of the world!

Anyway, thought this would be fun and wanted to check in to see who else would like to join this.

Re: Anyone interested in participating in a "boot club" ?
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 22, 2020 01:40

How about a booty club? smiling smiley "Girl's got back" Sir Mix alot?

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 22, 2020 10:00

But why a club with selected members and not just discuss the boots here on IORR, so everyone have the chance to read and discuss and listen to them?. Probably most (all?) boots are here with links anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-22 10:22 by GJV.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 22, 2020 19:00

GJV
But why a club with selected members and not just discuss the boots here on IORR, so everyone have the chance to read and discuss and listen to them?. Probably most (all?) boots are here with links anyway.

No you've misunderstood, let me elaborate.

Everything would take place right here on IORR. People can come and go anytime they want in the discussions of each show. All the discussions will be held here in open view for anyone to drop in and join in whenever they'd find that it is a show that they would like to discuss.

Anyone can participate in the discussion but we would need an organized list of people who would like to submit their own entries each round. That what this thread is for: to find those people who also would like to lead discussions by choosing shows

Yes most download links are available here but there's no guarantee that any links to a show someone chooses will be still active. Plus most people do not have subscriptions to these sites and will have to be relegated to downloading the shows that will take hours which will turn people off from participating. Luckily someone who has joined the club has agreed to share their file storage membership for everyone's needs. It will be a nice convenience to have the show being discussed available to download right away so people can just grab it and listen to it for the discussion taking place that week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-22 19:02 by Justin.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 22, 2020 20:39

Aha! Ok, then... let's do it!smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 22, 2020 22:58

How about a booty club? grinning smiley "Girl's got back" Sir Mix alot?

HEY YEAH ChrisO...
You mean .... Baby Got Back .... got it on 12" somewhere

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 23, 2020 01:07

Yo homies!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-23 01:12 by shadooby.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 23, 2020 03:02

Vermin Supreme should be invited: [en.wikipedia.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home