Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones with Motley Crue.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 1, 2005 17:44

Sorry if it's posted already.

Go here:
[www.stonesnews.com]

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-01 17:45 by JumpingKentFlash.

Re: Stones with Motley Crue.
Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 1, 2005 19:12

Just an observation, but seeing as there haven't been any reports on the Seattle show, at which motley Crue opened for the Stones - can we assume that all the moaners and bitchers about them opening for the Stones didn't even go to this show?

I'd be quite interested to see how they did and what they played. Of course i'm sure they didn't blow the Stones off stage - like AC/DC did, but Im curious what they were like.

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: November 1, 2005 19:24

Monkeytonkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> can we assume
> that all the moaners and bitchers about them
> opening for the Stones didn't even go to this
> show?
>

Ummmm........yes! The armchair fan brigade got their panties in a twist over something that didn't affect them.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: November 1, 2005 20:09

Actually I do not know what they played. As it was so loud and yummy I could not differenciate any song than just pure noise.
The arena was only about a third filled when they started to play. And actually after ten minutes we went out. Some third class ladies were dancing in one song I think it was the 2nd if they even changed the rhythm.
Anyway they should open maximum for blue oyster cult, but I don't think for the Stones. As for tonite we will rather stay at the Voodoo Lounge, a bar in Portland, and then going to our seats just before the show.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 1, 2005 22:33

"Ummmm........yes! The armchair fan brigade got their panties in a twist over something that didn't affect them."

Having a well known, formidable act brought in to help sell tickets seems to have affected them a lot worse than I could ever imagine.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 2, 2005 00:34

uh heres an idea, if you want to see motley crue , go see them headline somewhere
instead of watching them open for the stones in front of empty seats,just a thought

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 2, 2005 01:00

what a thought. can you imagine this lot squeezing into their spandex and lipgloss, backcombing the remains of their once full barnet and waddling down to MSG to see a real Crue show ?

just imagibe the chaffing

the thought has put me right off my tea

no. they're much safer at home and on the net

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 2, 2005 02:24

EXCELLENT POINTS

Posted by: altamont69 ()
Date: November 2, 2005 03:11

I was one of the many who did not bother to show up until well after Motley Crue had started their set at about 7:30.

When we got to the Key Arena about 8:15, there were a few hundred people milling about outside. They seemed to be in no hurry to get in and were waiting for the Stones set.

Inside the arena the lineups for the merchandising were extremely long. It took me about 40 minutes to get to the front of the line and buy an event shirt (the 1st arena show to have one!!). There were still many people behind me who would miss the beginning of the Stones set.

Which goes to say that there must have been an incredible amount of empty seats for the Motley Crue set.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 2, 2005 06:10

melillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> uh heres an idea, if you want to see motley crue ,
> go see them headline somewhere

Done that. Also saw them with good opening acts too so I could enjoy myself for 3 hours or so rather than skulk in the lobby.

> instead of watching them open for the stones in
> front of empty seats,just a thought

If I am going to spend $100-450 for tickets, I would like to enjoy myself an extra hour if there is a decent opening band rather than whine over numerous threads about how I don't like the opening act. And I dont need any second party validation, if there are empty seats, its more room to move and have fun.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home