Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

keith richards rainforest alliance concert 2001
Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: November 11, 2020 21:55

hi everyone
I'm looking for some picture, videos and other comment about this gig.who weree there at the beacon theater in 2001?
here's only link with info about it
[www.gettyimages.fr]

thanks for your help

Re: keith richards rainforest alliance concert 2001
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 11, 2020 22:24

From nzentgraf.de:

010306A 6th March: KEITH RICHARDS/ALL STAR BAND. New York City, Beacon Theater, ‘Music For The Planet’-benefit for the Rainforest Alliance, incl.
- Key To The Highway (William Broonzy/Charles Segar)
- Runnin’ Too Deep (KR/Steve Jordan)
- Happy (MJ/KR) -Jim Horn on sax
- Rock’n Roll Music (Chuck Berry) -closing jam with Southside Johnny, Keb' Mo' & Jackson Browne on vocals and Levon Helm on drums
Line-up: KR (gtr, voc)/Dr. John (p)/Kim Wilson (harm)/Larry Taylor (bass)/ Steve Jordan (dr)/Babi Floyd (bvoc)

Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: November 11, 2020 23:06

I was at the show. It was a fun concert. Sad to look back now and see Gatemouth and Dr. John are no longer with us.

The ticket I purchased included admission to an afterparty at a nearby club. When Keith got there, I was standing right at the bottom of the stairs when he entered and had a chance to shake his hand. I'm sure he recalls that moment as vividly as I do, and it means as much to him as it does to me. He was then ushered into the back room where he held court in a booth for a while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-11 23:07 by mrsoandso.

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: November 16, 2020 20:22

nice !

mrsoandso if you have some picture of this it's could be fun

thanks again

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 16, 2020 21:28

My goodness! I wrote and designed an article in an international Stones fanzine way back in 2001. I must still have it stored somewhere in a database ... but where? Job to do cool smiley
I remember the start of the organization of the event was a very interesting development, but it (ticket sales) only really took off once Keith promised to be one of the performers. In fact it was sold out in no time.
Thanks to Keith's management I (we) obtained five smashing Kevin Mazur photos (not present in the set with Getty images found in your link, but same series) exclusively to be used for the article.
I blew a couple of them up and they are framed present in my Stones hobby room. I'm shocked by the prices they ask! But well, they are great photos.
smileys with beer

Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: November 23, 2020 21:27

jhrock83
nice !

mrsoandso if you have some picture of this it's could be fun

thanks again

Sorry, unfortunately I don't have any photos from this night.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home