Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie Wood - I Feel Like Playing - Rolls Royce Wraith - Limited 1/1
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: November 7, 2020 20:07

Three years ago, Ronnie customised a Rolls Royce Wraith around his "I Feel Like Playing" album that was sold with a portion of the funds going to the Teenage Cancer Trust. Ronnie was one of nine British musicians to take part in this unique and amazing project. The result is mind blowing. I was spending a lot of time with Ronnie around the time he recorded "I Feel Like Playing" and I was the Executive Producer of the limited coloured vinyl live version so for me this is the dream car!

There is a video on the link below:

Ronnie Wood Rolls Royce Wraith Video

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-11 15:28 by mattleeuk.

Re: Ronnie Wood - I Feel Like Playing - Rolls Royce Wraith - Limited 1/1
Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: November 7, 2020 23:16

Congratulations Matt!!!!!

It will look great parked outside the museum!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 8, 2020 07:40

What a beautiful piece of craftmanship ....
Kinda strange how they went for suicide doors .....

Thanks for sharing Matt ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 9, 2020 18:41

Hi Matt... Posting links to photos stored on your Google Drive is a pain in the ass:

Make sure that your files/folder on Google Drive have sharing preferences set to "Public" using Advanced, etc.

When you click on a file's icon, the window opens to a webpage containing your image.
Look at the browser's address bar and see an address like
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bywukak-o6lBQ1JZeGdYTXZGb3c/view?usp=sharing
Be aware that this is actually the address for the webpage and not the image file itself.

To use on this forum, you have to change the format...
Instead you need to type:
[img]https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bywukak-o6lBQ1JZeGdYTXZGb3c[/ img]

Note the part that is underlined... that's where you substitute your picture's 28-character Google file id.
On your Google Drive, that's the part RED DOTS in the middle: google.com/file/d/............................/view?usp=sharing

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-10 18:33 by schillid.

Date: November 11, 2020 04:45

So you can't see the images above? There must be an easier way, can someone enlighten me?

schillid
Hi Matt... Posting links to photos stored on your Google Drive is a pain in the ass:

Make sure that your files/folder on Google Drive have sharing preferences set to "Public" using Advanced, etc.

When you click on a file's icon, the window opens to a webpage containing your image.
Look at the browser's address bar and see an address like
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bywukak-o6lBQ1JZeGdYTXZGb3c/view?usp=sharing
Be aware that this is actually the address for the webpage and not the image file itself.

To use on this forum, you have to change the format...
Instead you need to type:
[img]https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bywukak-o6lBQ1JZeGdYTXZGb3c[/ img]

Note the part that is underlined... that's where you substitute your picture's 28-character Google file id.
On your Google Drive, that's the part RED DOTS in the middle: google.com/file/d/............................/view?usp=sharing

Date: November 11, 2020 04:47

Does this work if I post the link hosted by Facebook?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: November 11, 2020 08:26

The suicide doors are part of the base car. In fact, beyond some engraving here and there and that interior layout, I don't see a whole lot different from an off-the-showroom-floor version a friend of mine has. Its a beautiful car and perhaps his little touches personalize it, but its not like its a real "custom" in my eyes. I think (don't know for sure) that even the ability to raise and lower the ride height is part of the base car. I do not particularly care for those hi roller wheels though but thats my own personal taste.

I thought John Lennon's Rolls or Janis Joplin's 356 Porsche were much more interesting.

PS: I cannot see the photos originally posted but I do see that later one, from Fazebook.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-11 08:44 by jbwelda.

Date: November 11, 2020 09:04

The suicide doors are part of the base car.

Yeah ya just dont see them much anymore ...
use ta be on the early Jags ... Rileys etc ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 11, 2020 12:08

I don't see the pictures in the original post either, but I watched the video and I see the Facebook-posted picture.

Date: November 11, 2020 12:11

ChrisL
I don't see the pictures in the original post either, but I watched the video and I see the Facebook-posted picture.

Sounds like Google photos are a pain to post here... can anyone explain any easy methods like Facebook but without having to post all the pictures on Facebook?

Date: November 11, 2020 12:45

jbwelda
The suicide doors are part of the base car. In fact, beyond some engraving here and there and that interior layout, I don't see a whole lot different from an off-the-showroom-floor version a friend of mine has. Its a beautiful car and perhaps his little touches personalize it, but its not like its a real "custom" in my eyes. I think (don't know for sure) that even the ability to raise and lower the ride height is part of the base car. I do not particularly care for those hi roller wheels though but thats my own personal taste.

I thought John Lennon's Rolls or Janis Joplin's 356 Porsche were much more interesting.

PS: I cannot see the photos originally posted but I do see that later one, from Fazebook.

jb

Maybe Ronnie personalised rather than customised would have been a better description. On the tread plate it describes the car as "specially commissioned by Ronnie Wood". The added bits are indeed fairly subtle, the engraved Spirit of Ecstasy, the embroidered "waterfall", the signature headrests, the lyrics on the doors and the tread plates. I agree all relatively minor but there is and will only ever be one and it's made by Rolls Royce! As a British boy (not so boy anymore) that's up there in my book. The wood, cooper facia and leather options are all very tastefully chosen and the sound system is the uprated RR Bespoke audio one with 18 speakers. However, far, far more importantly for me this was the period I was spending a lot of time with Ronnie. On one occasion I gave him a lift in my VW Golf for the full length of the I Feel Like Playing Album and it was then that I pitch him to do a live album and I funded not only the live show but the subsequent album.

I am working on how to host images more easily, hopefully someone can recommend, thank you!

Date: November 11, 2020 13:08

Date: November 11, 2020 13:19

Those pics came through on my screen, and they look AMAZING!

Well done, Matt. Great addition to you collection!

Date: November 11, 2020 15:01

Looking good Matt!

....and here's the lyric inside the passenger door......

Date: November 11, 2020 16:16

I can see the Facebook-posted pictures.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 11, 2020 16:17

It looks pretty awesome to me! Can anyone ballpark the value?

"Ain't no ballpark neither" ... samuel jackson, pulp fiction

Date: November 11, 2020 16:20

If I owned a Rolls Royce... I wouldn't want anyone's name carved into the upholstery or wood panels

Date: November 11, 2020 16:39

schillid
If I owned a Rolls Royce... I wouldn't want anyone's name carved into the upholstery or wood panels

I generally agree but this album is special to me and so is Ronnie. I wouldn't have added the details myself if that makes sense but because it was already officially done and limited to just the one car then it was the perfect addition to my modest car collection & rather larger Stones collection. I generally favour older cars and this is actually now my most practical car :-)

Date: November 11, 2020 16:44

LeonidP

It started life around £320,000 first being registered at the end of December 2017 and first delivered in January 2018. It was last advertised at £199,950 with 1,800 miles on the clock. It's now just broken through 2,000 miles.

Date: November 11, 2020 16:46

mattleeuk
schillid

I generally agree but this album is special to me and so is Ronnie. I wouldn't have added the details myself if that makes sense but because it was already officially done and limited to just the one car then it was the perfect addition to my modest car collection & rather larger Stones collection. I generally favour older cars and this is actually now my most practical car :-)

Didn't catch on that you are the owner. That's pretty amazing! I too love Ronnie as well as this album ... and Rolls Royce is not too shabby either!

Now back to the ballpark value ... and let me know if you're ever planning to sell it!

Date: November 11, 2020 16:49

mattleeuk
LeonidP

It started life around £320,000 first being registered at the end of December 2017 and first delivered in January 2018. It was last advertised at £199,950 with 1,800 miles on the clock. It's now just broken through 2,000 miles.

Thanks! So previously: "£199,950 with 1,800 miles on the clock." But now that it reached 2000 miles, I am thinking more like: £30,500! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: November 11, 2020 16:50

Matt:

Now I understand the Facebook posting. I didn't realize until now the RR you showed on Facebook was this car. It makes complete sense that you would want it as part of your Stones collection, especially being Ronnie's. When we get a chance to travel to London in the future to see your Museum, this car will be a great additon to see.

Congratulations. It is beautiful. Even without the Ronnie touch, it is a beautiful car.

Stonesdude

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: November 11, 2020 17:29

That's amazing Matt. I saw this car for the 1st time this summer in the Algarve, it's a stunning machine. Congratulations.

Can you share what other models do you have in your car collection? I am curious to know :-)

Date: November 11, 2020 17:42

I didn't realize that YOU own it, Matt... That's really cool!

Date: November 11, 2020 18:52

You bought it???

Jesus Christ, you must be pretty dang well off! I have trouble scraping together the money to buy a super deluxe version of most releases, never mind a car commissioned by and for one of the Stones!

In reply to your question about how to post photos easily, it is best to subscribe to a third party photo posting site. I use Imageshack. You upload the pics there and then use them to post in forums. This alleviates the load on the forum because its really only a link and not the full photo in the forum, although the pictures show up as if posted to the forum.

here is an example, a photo of my friends similar car:

Not nearly as flash though, admittedly, but it is fun to watch the RR lady come up out of her hole. Too many got vandalized with it just sitting in the open I guess, she has to hide now.

I envy you and your contacts amongst the Stones. Would love to see your forthcoming museum someday.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-12 01:24 by jbwelda.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 11, 2020 18:59

You still have to name her! winking smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 11, 2020 19:04

Gorgeous Matt. I remember connecting with you in London prior to the live release. I got a few copies and they are gorgeous as well!

Date: November 12, 2020 01:22

Its like the ultimate super deluxe package, car and all!

jb

Date: November 12, 2020 02:23

WOW !!! ... you own it .... congratulations

ROCKMAN

Date: November 12, 2020 03:04

Torres
That's amazing Matt. I saw this car for the 1st time this summer in the Algarve, it's a stunning machine. Congratulations.

Can you share what other models do you have in your car collection? I am curious to know :-)

With oldest first:

1) Lady Jane a 1950 Jaguar XK120 in silver with red leather, this was the fastest car in the world in 1950

2) Ruby a 1957 MGA in Red with beige leather

3) Betty a 1972 Fiat 500 in powder blue with blue and white interior

4) M477 LEE (registration plate) a 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage in elusive blue with bitter chocolate interior

5) the unnamed Rolls Royce Wraith

I have a few others on my shopping list but storage and insurance is neither practical nor cheap living in Zone 1 London.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home