Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
A reminder of how great the IORR Band is...
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 7, 2020 14:38

For those who haven't seen or heard them a quick reminder about our excellent 'house' band, caught live here at the famous Hope n Anchor bar in Islington, London in May 2018. Bard, Kurt, Mathijs, Jerry, Erwin, David, Jean Gabriel, Derek and Dillard many thanks.

There's a lot of showy, theatrical Stones tribute bands but for my money these guys are the nearest thing to the Stones.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-07 15:24 by Silver Dagger.

Re: A reminder of how great the IORR Band is...
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 7, 2020 14:44

Yep, they are great!

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: November 7, 2020 15:03

No look alikes, just pure Stones. -That's the way to do it!! Probably one of the best RS tribute bands I've heard.

Date: November 7, 2020 15:05

Another great version - Gimme Shelter.

Date: November 7, 2020 15:08

They didn't get them for this show but Bard is looking into getting the London Bach Choir for the next time they play this classic -

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: November 7, 2020 15:27

I was there, eating cookies. The IORR band and STG are the best!
smiling smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 7, 2020 17:37

ChrisL
I was there, eating cookies. The IORR band and STG are the best!
smiling smiley

Awwww... shucks! [Blush]

Date: November 7, 2020 17:50

Yup - these guys are the real deal! Can’t wait for the next gig...if someone can find the damn banner! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-07 17:51 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Date: November 7, 2020 18:07

SomeTorontoGirl

Yup - these guys are the real deal! Can’t wait for the next gig...if someone can find the damn banner! smileys with beer

I've got it!

Date: November 7, 2020 19:11

DandelionPowderman
[I've got it!

Just checking! Looking forward to the day you guys (and those other guys) fire up the machine again! smiling smiley

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: November 7, 2020 23:39

finger crossed !

Date: November 8, 2020 00:09

True Stones fans. thumbs up

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 8, 2020 00:12

I know a few of the band and was also there that night. I’ve just watched Midnight Rambler again as posted above. Just sublimely, outrageously good. No theatrics or lookalikes, just a group of super enthusiasts concentrating hard on delivering a top notch performance and how! As Silver Dagger says, most tribute acts focus more on mimicking the Stones' appearance and theatrics with the music a secondary consideration. Not these guys!

I was also at their debut show at the Alley Cat elsewhere in London a couple of years previously and what a sight to behold that was. Though they’d previously collaborated online, it was the 1st time most of them had met in person and after a quick jam, they invited in the audience and they just seemed to click immediately from their opening song, “Stop Breaking Down”. IMHO, their version of “Down in the Hole” from that day is a lot better than the original.

Hopefully there will be another show to enjoy one day smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-08 02:04 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 9, 2020 17:36

I completely agree with all the comments about the wonderful IORR Band.

I've only managed to get to the debut show at The Alley Cat in Denmark Street Soho but what a great gig that was.

I still look at the youtube clips from all their gigs and get such a kick from seeing this band play some great Stones songs.

They are the next best thing to The Rolling Stones. smileys with beer

Date: November 10, 2020 21:13

crawdaddy
They are the next best thing to The Rolling Stones. smileys with beer

And, like Mick, they are also ‘a nice bunch of guys.’ winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 10, 2020 21:37

Silver Dagger
Another great version - Gimme Shelter.

Amazing! Makes me want to go on tour!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 10, 2020 22:17

Seen them play in London a couple of times and in Amsterdam.
Great bunch of people and they do free meet and greets unlike that other lot that charge 50 grand for a handshake >grinning smiley<

Given yesterday’s great news regarding a vaccine I’m a little more optimistic about the possibility of shows in the later half of next year so hope to see another IORR band gig somewhere down the line.

Nate

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: November 10, 2020 23:12

Super

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 10, 2020 23:33

Nate
Seen them play in London a couple of times and in Amsterdam.
Great bunch of people and they do free meet and greets unlike that other lot that charge 50 grand for a handshake >grinning smiley<

Given yesterday’s great news regarding a vaccine I’m a little more optimistic about the possibility of shows in the later half of next year so hope to see another IORR band gig somewhere down the line.

Nate

No kiddin Nate. I still have a pick in my wallet from "one of em".

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: November 10, 2020 23:42

I went to London in 2018 for two shows, and the jam with the IORR band was the highlight of that trip, I got to sit in for "Let It Rock". I managed to get an in-person interview with Darryl on that trip, and the IORR gig was still the highlight of that trip. Meeting all the IORR people, playing live music, jamming with my friend Bluzdude, it just doesn't get better than that.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 11, 2020 12:11

Silver Dagger
For those who haven't seen or heard them a quick reminder about our excellent 'house' band, caught live here at the famous Hope n Anchor bar in Islington, London in May 2018. Bard, Kurt, Mathijs, Jerry, Erwin, David, Jean Gabriel, Derek and Dillard many thanks.

There's a lot of showy, theatrical Stones tribute bands but for my money these guys are the nearest thing to the Stones.

It was great fun to do! And, without any form of rehearsal...

'We'll start with Brown Sugar'
'Ok, that's in G, right?'
'No, no, it's in C'
'OK, let's go!'

Mathijs

Date: November 11, 2020 13:18

Mathijs
Silver Dagger

It was great fun to do! And, without any form of rehearsal...

'We'll start with Brown Sugar'
'Ok, that's in G, right?'
'No, no, it's in C'
'OK, let's go!'

Mathijs

The mark of great musicians. If you guys became a proper touring band you'd pack the fans in. Your interplay with Bard on Midnight Rambler is remarkable and not far from what I witnessed at Wembley Empire Pool on Sept 8 1973!

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: November 11, 2020 22:55

roller99
I went to London in 2018 for two shows, and the jam with the IORR band was the highlight of that trip, I got to sit in for "Let It Rock".

Yes it was a great night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdi8UnNRVTY

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 12, 2020 08:09

Mrs. Plexi and I were at the Hope & Anchor gig, what a fun night!! I still have a flyer from that night, tho now a bit water damaged. Spent some time with Beast, Manofwealthandtaste, and yes, STG. Or STG, was that at the Ealing Club, or both?? Bluzdude reigned supreme that evening, as did the entire band.

plexi

Date: November 12, 2020 12:31

timbernardis
Mrs. Plexi and I were at the Hope & Anchor gig, what a fun night!! I still have a flyer from that night, tho now a bit water damaged. Spent some time with Beast, Manofwealthandtaste, and yes, STG. Or STG, was that at the Ealing Club, or both?? Bluzdude reigned supreme that evening, as did the entire band.

plexi

Both, I think. I made it to the Ealing Club 3 times that trip, for the Ali Mac band, Chris Jagger and Ben Waters (and had a nice chat with Ali Mac when he wandered in to see Ben). And saw some other band a few times. A great week in London! Next gig for the IORR Band should be the Ealing Club - I hear it may be torn down when some transit line is built, a tragic loss.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: November 12, 2020 12:47

Hello,

If I had a bucket list, then these loons would be on it! Sounding fantastic!

Fingers crossed there's an occasion to catch them down the line sometime...

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 12, 2020 22:44

Wow! 2 1/2 years gone by already, a great evening it was!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 12, 2020 22:48

S.T.P
No look alikes, just pure Stones. -That's the way to do it!! Probably one of the best RS tribute bands I've heard.

I concur.

Date: November 13, 2020 09:29

SomeTorontoGirl
timbernardis

plexi

Both, I think. I made it to the Ealing Club 3 times that trip, for the Ali Mac band, Chris Jagger and Ben Waters (and had a nice chat with Ali Mac when he wandered in to see Ben). And saw some other band a few times. A great week in London! Next gig for the IORR Band should be the Ealing Club - I hear it may be torn down when some transit line is built, a tragic loss.

But isn't it some kind of historic site? And therefore maybe protected? I know there's a plaque there with something like "The Birthplace of British Blues" Or R n B or something like that.

plexi

Date: November 13, 2020 09:31

BluzDude
Wow! 2 1/2 years gone by already, a great evening it was!

Good to see you back on the boards, BluzDude!!

plexi

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2087
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home