Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Most Melancholy Stones Song
Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: November 9, 2020 01:29

Coming Down Again

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 9, 2020 20:27

I'm confused as to why some people here want to deny that there are some Stones songs dripping in melancholy.....As Tears Go By is a perfect example of it...Mick is actually saying he's crying...." I sit and watch, as tears go by"...
And Winter, Almost Hear You Sigh, Moonlight Mile, Memory Motel are all part of that group of songs that are not depressing but they are somber....they are full of longing...Wild Horses is my favorite and for sure, it is tinged with melancholy. What kind of writers would Jagger/Richards be if they couldn't express the total spectrum of human emotions?

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: November 11, 2020 15:33

These two songs come to mind

First from way back - You Better Move On
Second, more recent - This Place Is Empty

Both these tracks can move me to tears, I just checked them out again, and yep, they still do. So not ideal listening when stuck home here in England on Lockdown2. Amazing the power of music over our emotions.

So now I’m off for my daily exercise allowed under LD2, with music on random play, and hopefully I’ll return with spirits lifted.

Stay safe everyone

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1627
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home