Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: RIP Sean Connery
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 1, 2020 01:57

The best Bond ever. Those 60s movies were larger than life. -Leaving the movie theater after a Sean Connery Bond film, wow! Everyone was a winner! In Oslo it was "Eldo". In Kristiansund it was "Kinohallen". However, revision of history aside, I wasn`t old enough for seeing those movies until the 70s, and then we`re talking Bodø (Fram kino).

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 1, 2020 03:17

A Martini shaken but not stirred .......

....... classy

ROCKMAN

Posted by: fuwa ()
Date: November 1, 2020 03:39

[www.popoptiq.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-01 04:36 by fuwa.

Posted by: Kuntaman ()
Date: November 1, 2020 14:31

God bless you Sean. Rest in peace.

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: November 1, 2020 20:52

Sad news. I know we shouldn't really be surprised or upset when a 90 year old man passes away but I felt really emotional yesterday and still feel so today.

As a resident of Edinburgh, Sean's hometown, I know the affection and esteem with which he is held here and the rest of Scotland.

He was brought up in poverty, left school at 13, yet became one of the world's greatest movie stars...this really gave Scottish people confidence and belief that they could achieve success through honesty and hard work (although he did have bags of charisma that normal people don't have). Bring incredibly handsome also helped I'd imagine!

He was a true working class hero. Sean Connery - with tears in our eyes, we salute you.....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 1, 2020 20:59

Nice words HonkyTonkJan. thumbs up

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 1, 2020 22:59

Lovely tribute HonkyTonkjan. thumbs up

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: November 2, 2020 08:24

Truly a Scotsman to his core, I share the sadness of the Scotties today. Probably next to Robert The Bruce and William Wallace the most famous Scotsman ever

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: November 2, 2020 12:00

RIP Sean Connery - the greatest!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 2, 2020 13:30

R.I.P. Sean Connery !!!!!!!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 2, 2020 14:26

It's difficult for me to believe he was only 31 years old when Dr. No was filmed. He seemed like so much more of an adult, so much more of a "grownup" than the average 30-year-old of today.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 2, 2020 14:33

tatters
It's difficult for me to believe he was only 31 years old when Dr. No was filmed. He seemed like so much more of an adult, so much more of a "grownup" than the average 30-year-old of today.

A true observation. He most definitely had a mature, gentlemanly suaveness about his demeanour and looks. You’d place him in the forty-something bracket for Dr. No

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 2, 2020 15:46

Pity he was a bit too old to get that Rob Roy gig that Liam Neeson landed in the 90s..

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 2, 2020 17:28

RIP one of the most beautiful men ever
Dr No

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: November 2, 2020 18:02

10favorite non Bond Connery films: The Man Who Would Be King, The Untouchables , Just Cause,The Anderson Tapes,The Molly Mcguires, The Great Train Robbery,The Hill,The Name of the Rose,Raiders of Lost Ark,The Rock

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: November 2, 2020 18:16

I'm certain I read somewhere that The Man Who Would Be King is one of Keef's favourite movies, and that he can quote dialogue from it.

Sean Connery and Michael Caine are dynamite together. Please see this film if you haven't seen it.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: November 2, 2020 18:36

HonkyTonkJan
I'm certain I read somewhere that The Man Who Would Be King is one of Keef's favourite movies, and that he can quote dialogue from it.

Sean Connery and Michael Caine are dynamite together. Please see this film if you haven't seen it.
Its a great movie.I was too young to see it in the theater during its original release,but saw it several years back in a revival theater in NYCand it was spectacular.You really need to see it on the big screen.And the Molly McGuires is an interesting film

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 2, 2020 23:24

Herald Sun -- 3 November 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: November 3, 2020 02:04

I really enjoy The Man Who Would Be King...there must be something else...The Rock? No...That's not it...Time Bandits...that's a good one!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 3, 2020 02:54

Read that throughout the years he would come to Vancouver to golf! This was partly due to US tax laws and how long you could be in the country continuously.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 3, 2020 03:01

Best Bond ever. Daniel Craig a close second. I just looked online for the next release because I heard they'd moved it from April to November, and I see it's been bounced again to April 2021.

Very dark but killer looking trailer.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 3, 2020 10:50

treaclefingers
Best Bond ever. Daniel Craig a close second... /quote]

Yep ...with both essentially portraying the same guy in their own way.

The others were all completely different and very light weight characters in comparison.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 3, 2020 15:34

..... he was Indiana Jones' father.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 3, 2020 16:01

The Hill, Bond, The Anderson Tapes, Outland, Highlander, The Untouchables, The Hunt For Red October, The Name Of The Rose, Entrapment, The Rock, and even Indiana Jones' dad. All highly enjoyable films with many even outstanding.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 4, 2020 14:18

I was on the Isle of Mull while he was filming Entrapment there. Overheard a huddle of little old ladies in a sweetie shop discussing what he had to drink after his evening meal (it was a Drambuie, apparently). Managed to crash a private party in one of the pubs, but Sean had left by then, although Catherine Zeta Jones was still on the dance floor.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home