Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bill Wyman's Stones Radio Luxembourg Disc
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 31, 2020 06:05

Re-reading Bill's 'Stone Alone'. So many things you pick up on a re-read. One of Brian's love childs, a daughter he never knew, has epileptic seizures. She studied what she could about Brian after his death, and wondered, since he had some sort of mental problems, if he too was affected by epilepsy. Maybe he knew it, or didn't, or tried to self medicate, with disastrous results.

Second, Bill states that on 18 March, 1964, they recorded 14 tracks to be used on Radio Luxembourg for 4 programs to be aired later. Bill kept the demonstration disc, and still claims to have it. I'm surprised this has not come up lately. Maybe there was a thread on it in the distant past. I'm assuming the cuts would pretty much replicate what they were doing at the BBC, but maybe there's a rarity or two.

I don't know anything about the quality of the disc, or what's one it. Does anyone know? I would imagine releasing it would be problematic. Bill could claim ownership, but would probably have to co-release it with ABKCO, and all the other Stones entities.

Re: Bill Wyman's Stones Radio Luxembourg Disc
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: October 31, 2020 12:03

There was a rumour a view weeks ago, that Reelin’ And Rockin’ from the Luxembourg Disc would be part of a bootleg. At the end it was the well known version. At the moment, it seems to be lost.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 31, 2020 20:53

BlueTurns2Grey
There was a rumour a view weeks ago, that Reelin’ And Rockin’ from the Luxembourg Disc would be part of a bootleg. At the end it was the well known version. At the moment, it seems to be lost.

I doubt that Bill has lost anything. Maybe the Stones will finally do a massive Anthology for their 60th in only two years! And they have some Blue Boys stuff too.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 1, 2020 20:50

BlueTurns2Grey

Not quite. The version on the new DAC boot has better sound than before and, most importantly, the intact opening chords.

But the question still remains if circulating version is indeed from Chess as usually claimed or in fact from the Radio Luxembourg disc. I still believe the latter because it does not have the Chess studio sound.

And according to our own VideoJames, nothing is lost because he once claimed here in a different thread that he's in possession of the original Radio Luxembourg session mastertapes.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 1, 2020 20:53

I remember reading that in the book with amazement. I recall him stating that he still has it, and thinking ... so release it!! If only!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home