Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Old age and hits...
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 29, 2020 16:52

...seems like an impossible equation sometimes. Seemingly not for Bruce Springsteen though. 71 years old an a brand new album coming out - Letter To You.
This song is already going on heavy radio rotation here in Sweden. Whenever you turn on the radio this song is not far away. Sweden is Bruce-country though.
Here it is, with a common theme these days - "Ghost". Any impressions?
[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Old age and hits...
Date: October 29, 2020 16:54

How is Bruce doing on the single charts?

Date: October 29, 2020 16:58

I don't know, Dandy. I guess this album is rather fresh still. Maybe Bruce is not going down with the kids? Probably not. Heavy radio rotation though. A very radio friendly song.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 29, 2020 16:58

DandelionPowderman
How is Bruce doing on the single charts?

Not present

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 29, 2020 17:04

Stoneage
I don't know, Dandy. I guess this album is rather fresh still. Maybe Bruce is not going down with the kids? Probably not. Heavy radio rotation though. A very radio friendly song.

Radio is about 10-15% of the singles charts these days, 70% is streaming and 10-15% sales.

The #1 song on rock radio or Triple A radio is not even on the US Hot 100.

Date: October 29, 2020 17:13

You're probably right, Georgelicks. And here in Sweden there is a division between commercial radio and public service radio. I only listen to the latter.
Commercial radio only (with a few exceptions) plays the same 20 songs over and over again. No content whatsoever except for that. And the DJ:s are like salesmen.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 29, 2020 17:25

What I've heard of Bruce's new record sounds good. It's a damn shame that radio (and the music business in general) these days is such a mess.

A good song is still a good song.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: October 30, 2020 00:05

Bruce can't complain about radio play. He's been a staple of classic rock for years and gets massive amounts of free publicity from various media.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 30, 2020 03:57

It's a great and inspiring song. Go Bruce! The only "charts" that count are the ones in our heads and hearts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1308
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home