Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Pride Before A Fall - Mick Jagger posts video clip
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 1, 2020 13:32

Mick has always been a rebel. I do remember he said at Wembley stadium, during one of their twelve shows there:

"This is something you will never be!"

Then they played "Respectable".

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 1, 2020 13:56

Witness
Stoneage
The thing is - I don't care about Sir Michael's political views anymore. That train has left the station. He's in a very privileged, tax free, position. High above most of us.
Looking out from his castle or tropical island. Part of the cosmopolite nobility (literally). And his views are very weak and ephemeral.
When asked about it he often dismisses the question. So, who cares?

You don't care, OK, but others may still do so.

You argue as if views on any issue always can be reduced to one's wealth situation. I consider that to be a somewhat simplistic and narrow understanding.

First of all, when I say that I don't care about his political views it's a respond to the anxiety here about him expressing political views at all. To me it's not a big deal.
Secondly, I have never claimed that one's political view can only be reduced to wealth. Although self-interest never lies. I think I have a pretty good understanding
about Sir Michael's political stance over the years. But feel free to call me a simpleton if you like. If that makes you comfortable.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: November 1, 2020 14:01

This snippet sounds like best new Stones licks in a long time. The lyrics make it difficult to keep politics out of iorr winking smiley
Maybe Trump's campaign may use this song at the rallys for free?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 1, 2020 14:40

C'mon Mick, work on this...add some piano and horns...and let's rock and roll!
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 1, 2020 15:13

Stoneage
Witness
Stoneage
The thing is - I don't care about Sir Michael's political views anymore. That train has left the station. He's in a very privileged, tax free, position. High above most of us.
Looking out from his castle or tropical island. Part of the cosmopolite nobility (literally). And his views are very weak and ephemeral.
When asked about it he often dismisses the question. So, who cares?

You don't care, OK, but others may still do so.

You argue as if views on any issue always can be reduced to one's wealth situation. I consider that to be a somewhat simplistic and narrow understanding.

First of all, when I say that I don't care about his political views it's a respond to the anxiety here about him expressing political views at all. To me it's not a big deal.
Secondly, I have never claimed that one's political view can only be reduced to wealth. Although self-interest never lies. I think I have a pretty good understanding
about Sir Michael's political stance over the years. But feel free to call me a simpleton if you like. If that makes you comfortable.

I made a reply to this post. But I was not allowed to enter it. My correction of printing errors led to it being seen as a hack attempt.

Now only: I did not call you anything. I was addressing a way of arguing.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 1, 2020 15:19

It's alright, Witness. Let's end this on a good note.

Re: Pride Before A Fall
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: November 2, 2020 07:24

Shesarainbow
At first listen, it sounds pretty good with great potential. Just wish that Mick didn’t have to over-sing everything these days, it just wears me out.

Well if this song ever makes the light of day they can tone down that over-singing or mix the song differently and... try different part / takes / versions to get vocals that fit.

Here he is just singing away on camera for the clip is all.

With that said .. I like his singing here. I think in this case his vocals fit the music nicely. I don't always feel this way about Micks more recent vocals but this time I think he is doing great here. I think it works well. Jus my opinion.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 2, 2020 09:12

WelshEdge1
Mick singing:

[www.instagram.com]

It's kind 'Hide Your Love' isn't it? I hope the new stuff isn't echoing past glory like Voodoo and Bang.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: November 9, 2020 20:30

What's the point of this?

Date: November 9, 2020 21:04

NilsHolgersson

To show us that they have resumed writing and recording?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 9, 2020 21:08

NilsHolgersson
People who have lot of followers once in awhile post on their social media outlets so their audience get a kick of watching them do their things; I think that is what Mick is doing here.

Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: November 9, 2020 22:33

I wish he would release it then, the full track. I just bought his Gotta Get a Grip / England Lost single yesterday. I found it in the discount section of the cd store and it was only €2,77. I thought well.. I'll take it then. When I was at the checkout counter the lady scanned it and said: that's an expensive one! €511,-. I thought she was joking. Was it a special signed by Mick Jagger edition? Wel.. it turned out to be an error. So much for my special find.

Date: November 9, 2020 22:41

What was the error, €511 or €2.77? winking smiley

Date: November 9, 2020 23:01

€508 was taken off.. that left 2,77, a more fair price

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 13, 2020 11:35

.Keith about Pride before a fall ;

Just recently, Jagger posted a home video of himself singing a politically charged new song, Pride Before A Fall, but Richards knows little about it.

“I think it’s something he’s cooked up during this period. I guess he’s getting antsy. I haven’t checked it out yet?.?.?.?a private venture, I guess!”

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-13 11:36 by Lien.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1574
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home