Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Pride Before A Fall - Mick Jagger posts video clip
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 31, 2020 01:59

Y'all gonna git this thread shut down.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 31, 2020 02:01

Yeah lets all just get back ta Mick ... Stones stuff

ROCKMAN

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 31, 2020 02:49

It’s a @#$%& song folks go to another site for politics

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 31, 2020 04:58

Rockman
Yeah lets all just get back ta Mick ... Stones stuff
thumbs up

Date: October 31, 2020 04:58

CJFP
Christ you guys, gals, and nonbinary pals are wacky. Jagger posts a 30 second clip of a new song and y'all start going on about thoughtpolice and nutty conspiracy theories. Get a grip on yourselves!

Didn't Gotta Get A Grip come out last year?

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: October 31, 2020 06:28

treaclefingers
CJFP
Christ you guys, gals, and nonbinary pals are wacky. Jagger posts a 30 second clip of a new song and y'all start going on about thoughtpolice and nutty conspiracy theories. Get a grip on yourselves!

I was waiting for someone to catch that!!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 31, 2020 11:32

I tried to listen more closely but the whole clip sounds somehow wrongly compressed. That's not like the snippets that he posted before. I can see how there's discusssion if this qualifies as a blues or not, imo that is down to Charlie here who keeps it in some low suspense and won't let go. Can't really say much about the lyrics but I suppose this could come out rather soon. I am mostly looking forward to the number from about a year ago where Mick was at home playing harmonica to a backing track. That was really the sort of thing that you can only get from Charlie as it seems, upbeat to a point where you can't sit still. It (the clip) also sounded real good and the room resonated

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 31, 2020 11:34

GasLightStreet
Y'all gonna git this thread shut down.
I still managed to get in here at the last minute, which seems to be the case with all Stones related ventures I try to attend

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 31, 2020 12:17

Nevermind. The song sounds promising. I wish he’s try to sing like he used to on Let it bleed/Exile/GHS again. I almost hear some of that in that short clip.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 31, 2020 12:23

I wish theyd try to record something using a mord primitive equipment. If we all want to by vinyl and shoot real film then how about some good old tape.

Date: October 31, 2020 15:29

CJFP
treaclefingers
CJFP

I was waiting for someone to catch that!!

Look at you Mr. Easter bunny hiding little easter eggs all over!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 31, 2020 19:39

Please do not post or quote political here. Any such posts will be deleted. I will not spend time on past posts here, life is too short, but any political comments here from now on will be deleted.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: October 31, 2020 22:37

Jagger could be singing about McDonald Trump.

It’s overweening, over eating, too much tweeting / And when my back is turned somebody will push you off the wall / And just remember that pride, it comes before a fall.”

Date: October 31, 2020 23:08

maybe he's singing about ex-MasterChef George Calombaris

overweeening...eating ...tweeting .... then the fall

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 1, 2020 00:23

I'm not surprised at all. I would have wagered that Mick would have written an anti Trump song at some point in the last four years, especially since it's so well-known that Trump played YCAGWYW at his rallies. Mick and the Stones are no strangers to politically-themed songs. Frankly, I'm surprised that it's only (apparently) coming out now. I'd guess if Trump loses, the song will come out a day or two after?

Politics aside. I'm just tired of the possible direction of going back to only releasing singles instead of albums. I liked Living In A Ghost Town, but it's like having one bite when I'm starving.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: November 1, 2020 00:30

Yeah but what if Trump wins? Everytime Mick supported a team at the World Cup they lost. This might be bad news for Biden.

Date: November 1, 2020 00:33

I'm biden my time
hoping you'll come thru too .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: November 1, 2020 00:34

News story on the song. [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 1, 2020 02:17

Don't think this will be a Mick single or a Stones single.
I think it will be on an eventual new Stones album.

If it was being released as a single it seems likely there would have been more follow up on it by now. Not to influence politics, as it is obvious that wouldn't be their intent regardless,
but like the last few singles, they typically don't release anything unless its ready to go and then follow up fairly quickly.

The early clip regardless of solo or not, may have been to help offset some of the negative publicity the band received when he featured their songs at the rallies.
They offset some of the damage, (questions that they must have supported him etc) by publicly denouncing it, taking legal action etc.. but not all.

What publicity this gets is good publicity for them, and Mick is a master at this.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: November 1, 2020 02:30

Mick was never really topical before but now it's the only thing he seems to do..
Brexit = England Lost
Covid lockdown = Ghost Town
Trump election = Pride before a fall

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 1, 2020 02:54

NilsHolgersson
Yeah but what if Trump wins? Everytime Mick supported a team at the World Cup they lost. This might be bad news for Biden.

Expect to hear a new tune that's similar in style to England Lost, but titled Biden Lost.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 1, 2020 08:40

NilsHolgersson
Mick was never really topical before but now it's the only thing he seems to do..
Brexit = England Lost
Covid lockdown = Ghost Town
Trump election = Pride before a fall

It tells that Mick is socially involved, not just recently but since the sixties.
He changed the lyrics to “Street Fighting Man” in ‘68, Sweet Black Angel in 1972 was another one, so was Indian Girl.
Reading both Mick and Keith’s interview LIAGT is another example of adjusting the lyrics of an existing song toward a newly developed global situation.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 1, 2020 10:14

Seeing above no attempt to discern the last couple lines, here’s my take:

“You better watch out now,
You’re smashing dishes on the floor.”

The song is reminiscent to me of IT MUST BE HELL.

(In the background next to the intaglio screen I’m glad to see Mick hung my self-portrait I sent him.)

Subject: Trump?/Leftist rioters?/Deveraux in need of a nap?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 1, 2020 11:15

The thing is - I don't care about Sir Michael's political views anymore. That train has left the station. He's in a very privileged, tax free, position. High above most of us.
Looking out from his castle or tropical island. Part of the cosmopolite nobility (literally). And his views are very weak and ephemeral.
When asked about it he often dismisses the question. So, who cares?

Date: November 1, 2020 11:21

Yeah Mick .... get back ta ridin' in the ole saddle ...

ROCKMAN

Date: November 1, 2020 11:34

Yeah, Rockman. He should do a reversed class trip. There was a celebrated English violinist who did that. He turned up at concerts tattooed, with Arsenal gear.
He spent his free time at pubs talking broad cockney with his mates. A reversed class trip!

Date: November 1, 2020 11:46

eeeerrrrr heck I kinda cringe
at the thought of a tattooed Mick .....

Though come to think of it I have seen a couple ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 1, 2020 12:11

Stoneage
Yeah, Rockman. He should do a reversed class trip. There was a celebrated English violinist who did that. He turned up at concerts tattooed, with Arsenal gear.
He spent his free time at pubs talking broad cockney with his mates. A reversed class trip!

How ungreatful ...
Mick kept the Stones alive in the early 70s when Keith (as he has admitted many times!) was down deeply in the drugs gutter. We all have the luxury to empty our minds concerning this great band, because .... they are still around, alive and (remotelycool smiley) kicking. Isn't it their music that really counts?

Date: November 1, 2020 12:19

Sure, Georgie 48. I was talking about his political views though. Not the music. The second comment was meant to be ironic. Not to be taken seriously.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 1, 2020 13:06

Stoneage
The thing is - I don't care about Sir Michael's political views anymore. That train has left the station. He's in a very privileged, tax free, position. High above most of us.
Looking out from his castle or tropical island. Part of the cosmopolite nobility (literally). And his views are very weak and ephemeral.
When asked about it he often dismisses the question. So, who cares?

You don't care, OK, but others may still do so.

You argue as if views on any issue always can be reduced to one's wealth situation. I consider that to be a somewhat simplistic and narrow understanding.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home