Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: what´s the next release?
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 29, 2020 00:26

GasLightStreet
I get why they'd reissue FOUR FLICKS, because it's excellent, but putting out that waste of time THE BIGGEST BANG again but still not release VIDEO REWIND?

That's ridiculous.

Wouldn't be a waste of time if the BA 2006 would be released complete and with enhanced piture quality as it got one of the best Worried About You ever. Also Zilker with Bitch and SMU added would make it worthwhile despite it's Pierre overdubbing in a lot of spots. I wouldn't spend a saturday evening with REWIND, it's a fun document but it's not a celebration in the same way that a live show is. Yet would be fun to have the videos on DVD, my VCR is f**kedsad smiley

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: October 29, 2020 01:15

Rewind would be fun to have on DVD. I'd buy it. I'd buy a DVD of 25x5 too, waaaay outdated though it is. I thought it was well made. I'd even buy a DVD of the "Running Out of Luck" movie!

All three of these VHS items are sitting on my shelf even though my VCR is in storage. They are at least fun to look at. cool smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 29, 2020 01:32

24FPS
Is Knebworth the only remaining fully shot show from the Wyman era? Wasn't Wembley also shot that tour? I'm kind of shocked they didn't tape a lot more shows back then. A 'complete' show from the Maysles 1969 footage would be killer. I'm afraid we're coming to the end of the line of archival footage from the Golden Era. The '73 tour was so great I could go for another concert from then, even if it's audio only.

The footage of Knebworth was filmed as raw news footage by the BBC for a TV report, Its barely 40% of the show. What has circulated is all that is in their archive (the footage was actually'liberated' by an employee who happened to be a collector, so he got hold of all that there was)

They didnt play Wembley on that tour. They played Earls Court. I've read that a Wembley '73 show was filmed but the absence of that footage on the recent GHS reissue would suggest that story is either a myth or it wasnt usable, because it would have been the obvious choice for a release.

The concept of filming shows for home video release didnt exist in the 70's. If they werent being shot for either a movie or a TV broadcast then there was no practical use in filming them to begin with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-29 01:34 by Gazza.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 29, 2020 03:39

release a deluxe video rewind, with extra singles and promo videos.

some more from the 60,s especially 66 and 67 which often gets neglected.

mini tours from 2012 to 2019 would sell well.

miss out tours from 94 to 99, weve done that

knebworth 76

paris and el mocambo

deluxe version of ed sullivan shows and tami show.

more shows from 73, 76 and 78

all in various format cd, dvd, vinyl box sets and sold for a few pence on amazon.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 29, 2020 06:13

I miss the "warmth" of VHS.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 29, 2020 06:18

Veronica Helen Smith ..... mmmmm yeah ... she was a hotty

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 29, 2020 06:24

It radiates from the record machine.

jb

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 29, 2020 09:45

DandelionPowderman
24FPS
Is Knebworth the only remaining fully shot show from the Wyman era? Wasn't Wembley also shot that tour? I'm kind of shocked they didn't tape a lot more shows back then. A 'complete' show from the Maysles 1969 footage would be killer. I'm afraid we're coming to the end of the line of archival footage from the Golden Era. The '73 tour was so great I could go for another concert from then, even if it's audio only.

No. Probably most shows from 1989/90 were filmed. Most likely lots from the 1975, 1976, 1978, 1981 and 1982-tours, too.

I think I was thinking of eras. We've got something for every tour from '69 onward, except '76. That's enough of 89/90. I don't think the setlist was much different at all from Steel Wheels to Urban Jungle. That Philadelphia live album from '72 wouldn't be bad. Were there any small club dates they video shot in '81? Something with a more varied setlist.

Date: October 29, 2020 09:46

floodonthepage
Rewind would be fun to have on DVD. I'd buy it. I'd buy a DVD of 25x5 too, waaaay outdated though it is. I thought it was well made. I'd even buy a DVD of the "Running Out of Luck" movie!

All three of these VHS items are sitting on my shelf even though my VCR is in storage. They are at least fun to look at. cool smiley

With the exception of Running Out of Luck it's exactly the same here!grinning smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 29, 2020 12:08

GasLightStreet
I get why they'd reissue FOUR FLICKS, because it's excellent, but putting out that waste of time THE BIGGEST BANG again but still not release VIDEO REWIND?

That's ridiculous.
Video Rewind will never happen. Too much work to brush out Bill. It is not 'Han Solo shot first' type of modification, you know.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 29, 2020 13:40

ironbelly

Video Rewind will never happen. Too much work to brush out Bill.

And because there're a lot of official Videos for free on [www.YouTube.com] . As well as the 1968-2016 Experience-Project on RollingStones.com.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-29 13:50 by Irix.

Date: October 29, 2020 14:10

24FPS
DandelionPowderman
24FPS

No. Probably most shows from 1989/90 were filmed. Most likely lots from the 1975, 1976, 1978, 1981 and 1982-tours, too.

I think I was thinking of eras. We've got something for every tour from '69 onward, except '76. That's enough of 89/90. I don't think the setlist was much different at all from Steel Wheels to Urban Jungle. That Philadelphia live album from '72 wouldn't be bad. Were there any small club dates they video shot in '81? Something with a more varied setlist.

We don't have anything from the 1970-tour or the 1973 winter tour.

Date: October 29, 2020 20:32

buttons67

deluxe version of ed sullivan shows and tami show.

/quote]

Deluxe? All Ed Sullivan appearances are presented with the entire show they were on, including vintage commercials. And I have a Blu Ray that has the TAMI show, and it's successor, the Big TNT Show. What would possible be included in a deluxe package?

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: October 30, 2020 03:58

MadMax
floodonthepage

With the exception of Running Out of Luck it's exactly the same here!grinning smiley

Ha! Yeah, it's terrible...but I kinda love its terribleness.

Date: October 31, 2020 06:11

I think I was thinking of eras. We've got something for every tour from '69 onward, except '76. That's enough of 89/90. I don't think the setlist was much different at all from Steel Wheels to Urban Jungle. That Philadelphia live album from '72 wouldn't be bad. Were there any small club dates they video shot in '81? Something with a more varied setlist.[/quote]

We don't have anything from the 1970-tour or the 1973 winter tour.[/quote]

What is 1970? From what rare footage I've seen it's the '69 American Tour all over again? Was there much variation from the '69 setlist? What is the '73 Winter Tour? That isn't Brussells, right? Is that Australia?

Date: October 31, 2020 09:20

24FPS

We don't have anything from the 1970-tour or the 1973 winter tour.[/quote]

What is 1970? From what rare footage I've seen it's the '69 American Tour all over again? Was there much variation from the '69 setlist? What is the '73 Winter Tour? That isn't Brussells, right? Is that Australia?[/quote]

1970 worth it alone for an ever present Roll Over Beethoven for instance.

Date: October 31, 2020 11:00

< Is that Australia?>

Australia, New Zealand and two shows in the US.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 31, 2020 15:51

floodonthepage
MadMax
floodonthepage

Ha! Yeah, it's terrible...but I kinda love its terribleness.

Running Out Of Luck on Blu Ray...Julio, Julio, Julio!

Date: October 31, 2020 20:51

DandelionPowderman
< Is that Australia?>

I forgot about Nicaraguan Relief, and Hawaai?

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: November 1, 2020 20:47

I was wondering if the list that midnight rambler made of soundboard recordings and pro-shot has an update

Thank you in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-01 20:53 by mariano.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: November 1, 2020 21:26

MadMax
DiegoGlimmerStones
MadMax
PaintMonkeyManBlack
MadMax
I would love a fall US 2006 show.....
Zilker Park ? Beacon show?

Still waiting for Slane Castle

Slane was great! The mud and ADTL and Dead Flowers! Always a winning combo! Giants Stadium 2006? That's a setlist!!!!! The YT footage is great!!!
I would love Zilker Park show uncut, I think they recorded the full performance. Start Me Up exclusive footage (snippet): [www.youtube.com]

Wow Diego! Cool haven't seen that before!!!!!smileys with beer

Amazing version even if incomplete. I was bummed it wasn't included.

Date: November 1, 2020 22:24

24FPS
DandelionPowderman
< Is that Australia?>

I forgot about Nicaraguan Relief, and Hawaai?

Yep thumbs up

Special shows, with a high octane energy. Perth is my favourite.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 4, 2020 17:19

MadMax
GasLightStreet

That's ridiculous.

Wouldn't be a waste of time if the BA 2006 would be released complete and with enhanced piture quality as it got one of the best Worried About You ever. Also Zilker with Bitch and SMU added would make it worthwhile despite it's Pierre overdubbing in a lot of spots. I wouldn't spend a saturday evening with REWIND, it's a fun document but it's not a celebration in the same way that a live show is. Yet would be fun to have the videos on DVD, my VCR is f**kedsad smiley

What is BA 2006? Thanks

Date: November 4, 2020 17:25

Buenos Aires?

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 4, 2020 17:51

DandelionPowderman
Buenos Aires?

Thanks

Date: November 4, 2020 20:43

exilestones
MadMax
GasLightStreet

That's ridiculous.

What is BA 2006? Thanks

Dandy answered for megrinning smiley, cheers mates!smileys with beer

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 4, 2020 21:33

We have to get something that hasn't been released from a touring year. 73, 76, 50th anniversary. Zip code.....

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: November 4, 2020 22:05

More Hot Rocks
We have to get something that hasn't been released from a touring year. 73, 76, 50th anniversary. Zip code.....

I know what you mean, but as far as Zip Code we have Sticky Fingers at the Fonda.

Date: November 4, 2020 22:28

ChrisL
More Hot Rocks

I know what you mean, but as far as Zip Code we have Sticky Fingers at the Fonda.

Why haven't there been a box a la FF or Biggest Bang since 2006?

They should release a No Filter Yellow Box with two or three shows on DVD, for instance Paris III (the 2nd show is also great but lacks the special opening song Sympathy), an English or the Warzaw show 2018 and the best US show 2019.

Fellow IORRians which US show should be included if you could decide? Chicago?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-04 22:31 by MadMax.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 5, 2020 05:38

I'm rather partial to St Louis 1997. I thought that was a really good show.

It would be nice to get something pre-1981 again. If they won't do the Mocambo shows then perhaps maybe something from 1976. There's always 1972, like the live album they wanted to release but couldn't - they could certainly release that now.

Of course, something from 1969.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1947
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home