Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Motley Crue in Seattle: Blistering Hour Long Set.... Lucky Portland is Next!
Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: October 31, 2005 21:23

Yes, for you Crue-Haters, you missed a major set in Seattle... probably sittin' back on your fat azz belching beer...

When the Stones have such an EXCEPTIONAL band opening for them, it's raises their game too, as we've seen time and again...

Those of you lucky enough to be catching the Crue / Stones in Portland and then Metallica / Stones in San Francisco, please report back.

Here's a review from someone who actually saw the show...

Perhaps Nikki Sixx of Mötley Crüe, known as Frank Ferranno growing up here in Seattle, was referring to that 1965 Arena concert when he said he couldn't get into a Stones show here when he was young because he had "a pocketful of joints."

"Tonight I got a pocketful of joints, and there ain't nothin' they can do about it!" he gloated.

The bad-boy band of the 1980s opened with a blistering hourlong set marked by pillars of fire — ignited to Tommy Lee's drumbeats — a dwarf in a monster costume and three leggy strippers.

Introduced as "The Masters of Disaster," they blasted off with "Shout At The Devil." Lead singer Vince Neil, in black and white leather, roamed the big stage. Black-clad Mick Mars, in a top hat with a skull and crossbones, long black coat and Frankenstein boots, moved little but was impressive on guitar.

Neil let loose a blue streak of expletives when a motorcycle sound effect malfunctioned during "Girls Girls Girls," but the rest of the set, including extended versions of "Dr. Feelgood" and "Same Old Situation," went smoothly.

[seattletimes.nwsource.com]

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-31 22:55 by BornOnTheBayou.

Re: Motley Crue in Seattle: Blistering Hour Long Set...
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 31, 2005 21:29

Do you have a setlist?

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: October 31, 2005 21:34

Sounds like it was good!smiling smiley

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: October 31, 2005 22:16

Motorcycles, dwarves, monster costumes, Frankenstein, leggy strippers and cusswords! WooWoo! Cartoon rock for the kiddies!!

Sounds AWESOME, dude! Glad you got to see this totally awesome band!

Did you leave right after your favorite band? I didn't see your Stones review.

I'll have another beer.

Ross

Date: October 31, 2005 22:42

Ross Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Motorcycles, dwarves, monster costumes,
> Frankenstein, leggy strippers and cusswords!
> WooWoo! Cartoon rock for the kiddies!!
>
> Sounds AWESOME, dude! Glad you got to see this
> totally awesome band!
>
> Did you leave right after your favorite band? I
> didn't see your Stones review.
>
> I'll have another beer.
>
> Ross

Why are you so hung-up on the stage and effects ?

Perhaps you prefer the inflatable penises or blow-up Honky Tonk dolls on Stones tours...

For me, I don't give a &^%$# one way or the other what the props are, or if they have any at all...

I'm just there for the music...

Apparently stage props make all the difference to you.

Date: October 31, 2005 22:54

Dan Wrote:
> Do you have a setlist?

Hey Dan:

As best I can tell the Motley setlist was as follows:

Shout at the Devil
Girls Girls Girls
Don't Go Away Mad (an awesome crowd sing-along)
Same Old Situation
Primal Scream
Wildside
Home Sweet Home
Dr. Feelgood
Kickstart My Heart...

What an INCREDIBLE line-up of rockin' live songs!!! You peeps in Portland have alot to look forward to!

But, as one fan observed, the crowd was much lamer than the average MC crowd, with many of them sitting down, even during the Stones set...

Here's a link to another review by someone who was there:

[www.motley.com]

Re: Motley Crue in Seattle: Blistering Hour Long Set.... Lucky Portland is Next!
Date: October 31, 2005 22:56

No Livewire or nothing off the first album? THat sucks but at least you got Primal Scream.

Re: Motley Crue in Seattle: Blistering Hour Long Set.... Lucky Portland is Next!
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: October 31, 2005 22:56

Did any of Crue come out for a tune w/ the Stones?

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: October 31, 2005 22:57

BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
> Why are you so hung-up on the stage and effects ?
>
>
> Apparently stage props make all the difference to
> you.

I'm sorry, I thought it was you that posted the review that was all about stage and effects and barely even mentioned the music. OK, the guitarist was impressive (and he is a decent guitarist), and 2 other songs "went smoothly". Faint praise at best.

Why don't you post something pertinent, like what you thought about The Stones last night?

Ross

Date: October 31, 2005 22:59

"Why don't you post something pertinent, like what you thought about The Stones last night?"

This thread is about the Motley Crue set, you can find plenty of Stones reviews in the review section or all over this board. Even someone as dense as you should be able to figure that out.

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: October 31, 2005 23:05

Big deal..

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 1, 2005 00:10

all i have too say is YEAH RIGHT, oh i noticed they did that anthem
girls girls girls, john lennon must be rolling over in his grave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-01 00:28 by melillo.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 1, 2005 02:05

i heard from a source at the gig that they went down like Gary Glitter at a wacky warehouse party

is it true ???

rumours of a lot of folks sitting down bored shitless are circulating too

Date: November 1, 2005 02:08

"rumours of a lot of folks sitting down bored shitless are circulating too"

A review I read said folks were sitting down bored shitless all the way the Stones. Sad the types of people they draw these days. Its not even like a rock concert anymore.

Date: November 2, 2005 01:03

Dan Wrote:
> "rumours of a lot of folks sitting down bored
> shitless are circulating too"
>
> A review I read said folks were sitting down bored
> shitless all the way the Stones. Sad the types of
> people they draw these days. Its not even like a
> rock concert anymore.
>

Dan, you've hit on a very important point...

The reason that "this is the worst tour" and "ronnie has to go" and all the other rot is not that the Stones are playing bad... But, that the FANS are getting so lame !!!

Look at the reviews on MotleyCrue.com... they all comment on how lackluster THE FANS ARE !!!!!

It's not the Stones that have changed... Jagger is singing better than ever, the band is banging out songs in great form, perhaps a bit less "consistent" than Forty Licks, but still great... they're stones songs, what do you want ??

The problem is that the FANS have started to lose THEIR ROCK...

And it's so obvious when you compare the Motley Fan Board to the Stones Fan Board... the average age of a Motley fan is around 35 vs. the average age of a "classic" Stones fan is nearly 50...

When the Motley fans look at an auditorium full of Stones fans, half of whom can't even get off their ass and dance anymore, they comment on how LAME a Stones audience looks compared to a Motley audience... AND THEY"RE RIGHT !! That same energy you used to get from the fans at a Stones gig you'll now get from the fans at a Motley gig, it's a just a plain simple fact.

Now, there are still alot of energized Stones fans, but percentage-wise they are shrinking in proportion to the entire audience.

And these slab-asses are starting to blame THE STONES for their own lack-luster groove.

Date: November 2, 2005 02:21

then why are they OPENING then for the lame stones, then that makes the crue worse than lame now dont it

Date: November 2, 2005 02:24

Ha! Good observation, BornOn!

However, we shall see just how great the Cure are... when they come out with their own... Starbucks edition.

Guess we'll just have to wait & see...

Date: November 2, 2005 02:26

GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS, HEMMINGWAY MUST BE SO JEALOUS

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 2, 2005 02:27

bayou u remind me of this creedence guy!

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 2, 2005 02:28

melillo Wrote:
> GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS, HEMMINGWAY MUST BE SO JEALOUS

Nope...'ol Ernie H. had his own problems...thats why he painted the walls with his brains

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 2, 2005 02:43

I was at the show and I can say that alot of people were really into Motley Crue. They really got the crowd going. Tommy Lee handed the people in the front row a bottle of Jagermiester and told them to pass it around. I'm not a fan of Motley Crue but I'm familiar with some of their popular songs and they seemed to play them well.

Date: November 2, 2005 02:46

meredith, u still own that lime green suit???

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 2, 2005 02:49

It has some red stains on it and a couple holes in it, but yes I still have it.

Date: November 2, 2005 02:50

lmfao!that's bad!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home