Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie Wood's house is for sale
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 18, 2020 11:51

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

The Rolling Stones rocker is leaving his London home. He gives Hugh Graham a tour

Ronnie Wood has always played second fiddle to Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, the alpha males of the Rolling Stones. But with his shaggy hair, twinkly eyes and sense of mischief, the guitarist has always seemed more fun than either of them. On web forums fans credit him with “bringing the party to the Stones” when he joined the band in 1975. In a recent documentary Jagger said: “When Ronnie joined . . . It became quite good-timey. [It was more] colourful.”

So it is easy to spot Wood’s house in elegant Holland Park, west London: it’s the one with the purple front door. The carpet in the front hall of the five-storey townhouse is what Wood calls “Coca-Cola red”. On the wall are portraits

Re: Ronnie Wood's house is for sale
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: October 18, 2020 12:02

''on web forums..''?!smileys with beer

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: October 18, 2020 13:19

Anyone up to posting the article. I’m not up to subscribing even for a free month trial.

Cheers!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 18, 2020 14:11

Ronnie owns a few homes, including one in Barcelona. It just means he'll have one less, unless he plans to replace it.

Date: October 18, 2020 14:20

No fun to live in London or Barcelona these days, but that won't be the reason.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 18, 2020 14:20

Oh No!

Something else for Matt to buy!

Perhaps he can move his museum to there, and can end tours with a trip down the road to Sticky Fingers?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: October 18, 2020 14:31

TheflyingDutchman

He's got a country pad out in Hertfordshire with a garden. I believe he's been spending a lot of his time there since the COVID restrictions kicked in. There's been a recent trend of people selling up their London homes and moving out to the countryside.

Date: October 19, 2020 16:59

The Daily Snake now carrying the story with no paywall.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

It appears to confirm my take on it - he's spending much more of his time at his pad out in Hertfordshire these days, in keeping with the current COVID driven trend of London's wealthy selling up and moving out to the surrounding countryside. The property market here is still broadly healthy here but with so many able to work from home every day, there's definitely a shift away from city living.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-19 17:32 by grzegorz67.

Date: October 20, 2020 16:33

Full details here in case anyone is interested in purchasing -

[www.miltonstone.com]

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 20, 2020 20:28

TheflyingDutchman

No fun living anywhere these days, it's become a politically correct minefield of control, where's the fun in any of that, and it would appear there's nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: October 21, 2020 05:15

grzegorz67
The Daily Snake now carrying the story with no paywall.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

It appears to confirm my take on it - he's spending much more of his time at his pad out in Hertfordshire these days, in keeping with the current COVID driven trend of London's wealthy selling up and moving out to the surrounding countryside. The property market here is still broadly healthy here but with so many able to work from home every day, there's definitely a shift away from city living.

His country place is sweet! He can paint, make music, and enjoy a quiet life there.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 21, 2020 06:22

Lurv the garden ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 21, 2020 13:07

nice...looks like a happy home. Well done RW

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 21, 2020 13:42

grzegorz67
with so many able to work from home every day, there's definitely a shift away from city living.

Why anyone would chose to work from home is absolutely beyond me. Save on the commuting-fare? I suppose. It'd kill my mental-heath. I need the human interaction. By that, I mean real-life interaction; not blinking Skype or Zoom. I leapt at the opportunity to return to the office.

Date: October 21, 2020 14:38

Big Al
grzegorz67
with so many able to work from home every day, there's definitely a shift away from city living.

Why anyone would chose to work from home is absolutely beyond me. Save on the commuting-fare? I suppose. It'd kill my mental-heath. I need the human interaction. By that, I mean real-life interaction; not blinking Skype or Zoom. I leapt at the opportunity to return to the office.

All of the reasons you mention are valid and worthy of mention. I too miss all those things about the office. But the elephant in the room is one four letter word : Cost.

1. Office Accomodation is very expensive. If firms can get employees to provide their own (i.e. their homes), it reduces their costs a lot. This is especially the case in expensive cities like London.

2. City firms can now easily employ people based further afield and not have to pay them a London or other city allowance.

Working from home is now a very viable option for most types of office employee though clearly there are other employment types where it isn't viable.

I still think there will be a premium on residential properties in cities, but less of one in future. And the commercial property market is in for a rude awakening unfortunately for it.

As for Ronnie, he's a very wealthy 73 year old with lots of choices and at this stage of his life, the countryside with clean air and green and open spaces are probably a better option for him. His wild partying days are long behind him.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 22, 2020 09:04

grzegorz67
Big Al
grzegorz67

All of the reasons you mention are valid and worthy of mention. I too miss all those things about the office. But the elephant in the room is one four letter word : Cost.

1. Office Accomodation is very expensive. If firms can get employees to provide their own (i.e. their homes), it reduces their costs a lot. This is especially the case in expensive cities like London.

2. City firms can now easily employ people based further afield and not have to pay them a London or other city allowance.

Working from home is now a very viable option for most types of office employee though clearly there are other employment types where it isn't viable.

I still think there will be a premium on residential properties in cities, but less of one in future. And the commercial property market is in for a rude awakening unfortunately for it.

As for Ronnie, he's a very wealthy 73 year old with lots of choices and at this stage of his life, the countryside with clean air and green and open spaces are probably a better option for him. His wild partying days are long behind him.

We’ll call it a tie! Very good and valid points, too. thumbs up

Date: October 23, 2020 01:08

Big Al
grzegorz67
Big Al
grzegorz67

We’ll call it a tie! Very good and valid points, too. thumbs up

Yep, I'm happy to call it a tie too smileys with beer

I think a comfortable majority probably prefer the social contact of an office but unfortunately economics will likely force our hands. It usually does sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1664
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home