Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jack Nicholson and Jagger
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 18, 2020 02:59

From what I’ve read the great actor Jack Nicholson is very good friends with Mick.He seems have attended shows on every Stones tour since 1972. He is a huge Stones fan.I wonder if he ever checks out this website

Re: Jack Nicholson and Jagger
Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: October 18, 2020 04:42

Tony King, who was Apple's A&R chief and handled Jagger for two decades, crossed the Atlantic in the early 70s and then became Nicholson's personal manager, I think.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 18, 2020 04:55

What’s Jack up to these days?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 18, 2020 04:59

Was not far from him on the floor at one of the MSG shows.. 2002.
Was great to see him rocking out. Gotta love Jack.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: October 18, 2020 05:51

If my memory is correct, Shelley Lazar was attending Nicholson to Sticky Fingers show at The Fonda Theatre.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 18, 2020 09:37

I remember at the Hollywood Bowl shows ABB 2005, he was there up front having a great time. Not sure if he was there both shows or just one.

No, I did not personally see him there, tho I was at both shows, just heard about it.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-18 09:45 by timbernardis.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 18, 2020 12:05

Toru A
If my memory is correct, Shelley Lazar was attending Nicholson to Sticky Fingers show at The Fonda Theatre.

He also was at the 1995 Olympia gig iirc.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 18, 2020 13:10

Jack if you are reading this, say hello

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 18, 2020 13:13

Angelica is a connection ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: October 18, 2020 13:36

The truth is Taylor1 we will never know what relationship these two have, probably because ...

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 18, 2020 15:11

Captain Teague
The truth is Taylor1 we will never know what relationship these two have, probably because ...

If you imply some sort of homo relation I think you're wrong. If you refer to Heidi Fleiss' "assistants" and lots of C. you might be on the right tracks?

Date: October 18, 2020 15:21

LOL. No homo insinuations here, I just wanted to get that famous line in from A Few Good Men.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 18, 2020 15:49

dcba
Captain Teague

If you imply some sort of homo relation I think you're wrong. If you refer to Heidi Fleiss' "assistants" and lots of C. you might be on the right tracks?

Jack is def Str8. Mick? who knows?

Date: October 18, 2020 17:08

dcba
Captain Teague

What? I suppose they are just friends.All I was wondering is since he’s great friends with Jagger and is a great fan of the Stones music by virtue of being at concerts onevery Stones tour since at least 1972,whether Nicholson ever checks outthe IORR website

Date: October 18, 2020 20:34

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 18, 2020 20:41

Only thing I know is that Jack frequently visits Mick & Keith's Corner Shop on Stella Street: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 19, 2020 16:04

Maybe create a cartoon character who is a famous, aging actor/rock star...
His name: Jag Nickelson.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-19 16:10 by schillid.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: October 19, 2020 16:52

I saw the opening night of the 1994 tour in DC. Jack and other VIPs were in an elevated private seating area in the first third of the field. Nils Lofgren was up there too. We had sixth row so we could see them behind us.

Sadly, apparently Jack has been lost to Alzheimers and we'll never see him again. What photos that have leaked out show him bloated, flaccid and wheelchair bound.

Date: October 19, 2020 18:01

rbk
I saw the opening night of the 1994 tour in DC. Jack and other VIPs were in an elevated private seating area in the first third of the field. Nils Lofgren was up there too. We had sixth row so we could see them behind us.

Sadly, apparently Jack has been lost to Alzheimers and we'll never see him again. What photos that have leaked out show him bloated, flaccid and wheelchair bound.
Sorry to hear that.Great actor

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 19, 2020 18:55

I've seen Jack at quite a few L.A, area Stones shows throughout the years - I even recall him up on the big screens at Dodger stadium in '97 to massive applause.
Regarding his health, hadn't heard anything about him having Alzheimers, but if true very sad. Seems I saw him on tv sitting in his usual courtside seat at a Lakers game just last year.

EDIT: Sure enough, here he is back in January of this year at a Lakers game with his son. > (Jack)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-19 19:05 by Hairball.

Date: October 19, 2020 19:08

A bit ironic to use a tabloid story to rebut a tabloid type story, but Jack being debilitated due to Alzheimers is complete bs.
He decided to retire and mostly retreat from the spotlight as he got older and a bit heavier by most accounts.

If any of this tabloid article can be believed, he'll be doing an in depth interview about his career etc soon.
My bet is that part of the story is accurate.
[okmagazine.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 19, 2020 19:11

I wasn't rebutting anything - just showing that he was still attending Lakers games as recently as just last year - Alzheimers or not.

*edit:I see now you must be you're referring to your own post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-19 19:16 by Hairball.

Date: October 19, 2020 20:06

Yup

While I'm back on this thread, I'll add a funny (to me) Jack story from the same trip to NY where I was not far from him at the Stones concert.

My then girlfriend (wife now), and I, went to the RS MSG show, then the next morning when looking in the paper for things to do that night, saw a Nicholson film (About Schmidt) was having it's "world premier" at Lincoln Center.
Not realizing that it wasn't like any other movie premier (NY Film Festival kick-off) we made our way to LC and to the box office. Asked if there were any tickets available, she said yes, $10 each. She then stated that I had no idea how lucky we were as this had been sold out for months and someone had just returned these two.

Being as sharp as I am winking smiley, I started sensing that this was not just a jeans and t-shirt affair.. I asked if the dress code included casual, and she laughed and said I may want to throw on a tie. Busted out our best duds and headed for one of the most memorable movie nights ever.

Started with having to walk in via red carpet (oddly, flashes stopped as we made our way in winking smiley). Hanging in the lobby with more stars than I've seen in my life, all of sudden, Jack arrives in all his glory, along with all the other stars of the film. Was quite a thrill.

During the film, there was a part that still cracks my wife and I up to this day,, Not an overtly funny line played, where people would not be expected to laugh out loud (most lightly chuckled) and my wife, busted out with the loudest laugh (she does that occasionally ) and it echoed throughout the hall.

The whole front row (all the stars and director of the film) and others turned towards us as and Jack had the biggest grin on his face as they looked our direction.
A bit embarrassing, but hilarious!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-19 20:52 by MisterDDDD.

Date: October 19, 2020 20:26

Haha, cool, MrDDDD! smiling smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 19, 2020 20:38

funny story, DDDD

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 19, 2020 20:53

Why Not? "The Bucket List, The Sequel"

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 19, 2020 22:10

Awesome story MrDDDD!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 20, 2020 09:54

Wow, nice! What a night, MisterDDDD!
Jack was probably thinking, see, I always knew that line was funny.

I enjoyed that film.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: October 20, 2020 14:04

Was a good film angee..

Also, that is exactly the way my wife sees it winking smiley

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: October 20, 2020 19:07

MisterDDDD

Also, that is exactly the way my wife sees it winking smiley

thumbs up

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home