Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

TAMI show 1964 - colorized ...
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: October 13, 2020 23:10

i always liked the tami-show from the stones,
and now colorized ...

[www.youtube.com]

Re: TAMI show 1964 - colorized ...
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 13, 2020 23:23

Brian was great in those days

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: October 13, 2020 23:30

Amazing!
thanks for posting smileys with beer

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 14, 2020 00:14

Colourising rarely works well, and sadly I'd say here it's only fair to middling.

BUT

The absolute brilliance of The Rolling Stones in this performance (and knowing how amazing James Brown had been immediately before this) negates any serious criticism.

Watching this should be made part of the formal requirements before signing up to IORR!

Everyone should watch it at least weekly, and if they are ever feeling the slightest bit down.

(Another posting from the same person [www.youtube.com] is rather grim at the start.)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-14 00:16 by CaptainCorella.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 14, 2020 00:37

CaptainCorella
Colourising rarely works well, and sadly I'd say here it's only fair to middling.

BUT

The absolute brilliance of The Rolling Stones in this performance (and knowing how amazing James Brown had been immediately before this) negates any serious criticism.

Watching this should be made part of the formal requirements before signing up to IORR!

Everyone should watch it at least weekly, and if they are ever feeling the slightest bit down.

(Another posting from the same person [www.youtube.com] is rather grim at the start.)

I recall seeing an interview with Mick regarding James Brown. There was quite a break between his performance and the Stones afterwards so it wasn't like his band left the stage then the Stones came on right after.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 14, 2020 01:07

Ahhh...classic Rolling Stones. The colorization gets by but I'll still take the black and white original. Seeing Brian in both of the above clips, I remember how he was, at one point, the focus of the band in terms of coolness and looks for fans. I was also reminded of how much more guys seemed to dig the Stones back in that time as opposed to the Beatles.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 14, 2020 06:13

I saw the original broadcast at the Fox Theatre in St Louis. It was interrupted repeatedly when the satellite or whatever it was link broke. Things were up and running well for the Stones though and I will never ever forget the James Brown performance right before it. Talk about having to follow a hurricane! That was a great show all around for my 14 year old head.

jb

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 14, 2020 07:27

Whenever I'd see the TAMI show, I always wondered who was the drummer with the double floor toms in the orchestra. Realized it was Hal Blaine! Were there many other drummers back in 64 that played drums with double floor toms?
Jack Nitzsche was the band conductor and four days later would join the Stones at RCA Studio on Nov 2 to play on Heart of Stone and Pain In My Heart.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 14, 2020 16:12

CaptainCorella

BUT

Fully agree with you, CC!

Anyone "new" in the world called "The Rolling Stones" should watch and listen to this one ... loud! Plus the Wembley Arena live 1964 (where Charlie announces the Bo Diddley song!!). If that's not getting right into your bones, something's missing cool smiley
Having said that, it still gets into my (old) bones every time again and it feels like the bones get younger instantly grinning smiley
smileys with beer

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: October 14, 2020 22:45

Love it in color!

Date: October 14, 2020 23:13

i know this tami-show since nearly 40 years,
got it on vhs-tape in the beginning of the 80ies,
and since then i watched it a thousand times,
even on youtube, and now in color(ized),
it is just as i would see this for the first time again ...

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 14, 2020 23:23

They haven't changed that much at all

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 14, 2020 23:40

Thomas, if you have the tape from the eighties, the one hosted by Chuck Berry and called something other than the TAMI Show, that is a highly edited version not even showing JB's best song, Please Please Please. Really funny editing job on that one, though the Stones set appears intact to my memory. Much later the complete show was released on DVD, I suggest you get that one and watch it. Might be the same as whatever is on youtube now, but I kinda doubt it.

jb

Date: October 15, 2020 00:21

hi jbwelda,

i had just the stones-part from tami on vhs,
and the tape had different snippets from different shows and concerts.

i used to watch this part together with jumping jack flash from paris 76
before i went into the night on saturday, adrenaline was pushed up :-)

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 15, 2020 00:31

That person is apparently trying to make the colorization look like a wonky VHS tape. The colour subcarrier lock is "wobbling." Bloody arrful.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 15, 2020 03:21

I first saw the show, in any form, at a cinema screening - so huge and with great sound.

Amazing!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2174
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home