Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT:Hawkwind (Hammersmith London, UK, 1985)
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: October 10, 2020 21:56

Any Chronicle of The Black Sword era fans out there? The late great Huw rocks a serious mullet amd plays the frets off his guitar. Not missing Lemmy or Nik Turner here...

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT:Hawkwind (Hammersmith London, UK, 1985)
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 12, 2020 16:42

In all the years I've been a registered-user, I don't recollect any love or appreciation for Hawkwind, ever. I'm sure there must be some admirers of space-rock on Tell Me.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 12, 2020 18:44

Big Al
In all the years I've been a registered-user, I don't recollect any love or appreciation for Hawkwind, ever. I'm sure there must be some admirers of space-rock on Tell Me.

First single I ever bought was Silver Machine as 12 year old............(and I've still got it....with the exception of Hall of the mountain grill I never got round to anything else as the Stones and Humble Pie (which co-incidentally I'm playing right now) took over.............(I bought GHS and Rockin' the Fillmore on the same day................that was it..........spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-12 18:47 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: October 12, 2020 18:55

I saw them once in 1981 (Sonic Attack Tour) but I cannot remember much about it (isn't that the way it should be with Hawkwind?) apart from they played Brainstorm. I was sure they played Silver Machine and Levitation but not according to Setlist FM.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: October 12, 2020 20:35

My first show out of my hometown, complete with Lemmy and Stacia. A most interesting show with a new band called Kansas opening for them.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: October 12, 2020 21:13

Had the chance to see them in 1991 or '92 but missed it. I did see Nik Turner's Hawkwind in 2014, which was pretty cool, complete with witchy women and light show. Hawkfest is also on my bucket list.

The 1980 tour was also interesting due to the fact Ginger Baker was drumming with them (with 1980-10-21 Glasgow being an excellent boot to check out).

The latest Hawkwind album 'All Aboard the Skylark' is quite excellent and trippy ('natch).

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: October 12, 2020 22:06

That's a nice track from Chronicle of the Black Sword. Thanks for posting!
I like Hawkwind and have several albums. I only got to see them once and I also have my tickets from their last two cancelled U.S. tours. At this point I doubt they'll ever play in the U.S. again. I also saw Nik a few times and Huw solo once. I actually got to meet Huw after his set when he sat at the bar next to me. He was a nice guy and easy to talk with.

Date: October 12, 2020 22:52

Soem of the nineties stuff is excellent, but it's the Robert Calvert related albums with Lemmy that are really out there.
I liked them so much I managed to align the stars to make a documentary about the band ...
It's a great band story from a strange weird time. There's a new book about it all from Joe Banks, Hawkwind: Days of the Underground - Radical Escapism in the Age Of Paranoia, which I hope to write about soon. it looks great.

This went out in 2007, not without it's 'making of' backstage dramas....

video: [www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home