Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Music playing while the crowd exit after the shows
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: October 4, 2020 05:29

I distinctly remember some classical piece being played
in 1989 while we were leaving, during the fireworks, what was it ? And for the other tours?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-04 17:44 by bv.

Re: The concerts over, the stones have left, what is the music playing while the crowd exits for each tour ?
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 4, 2020 05:35

After the last show (hopefully not) in Miami, they played I Say a Little Prayer by Aretha.

Re: The concerts over, the stones have left, what is the music playing while the crowd exits for each tour ?
Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: October 4, 2020 11:03

steffialicia
After the last show (hopefully not) in Miami, they played I Say a Little Prayer by Aretha.

Always ahead of their time ..

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: October 4, 2020 11:43

I'm not 100% sure,
But I think the classical music at the end of the 89/90-shows was Bizet's Les Toreadors (from Carmen)

Link to Les Toreadors: [youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-04 12:46 by ErwinH.

Posted by: yahozna ()
Date: October 4, 2020 12:54

My favourite is from the Bridges to Babylon tour:

Orchestre National de Barbes - Alaoui

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 4, 2020 13:38

Licks 2002-2003:
Got To Be There and Monkey Man, by Toots and The Maytals

A Bigger Bang 2005-2007:
I Shot The Sheriff and Exodus, Bob Marley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: October 4, 2020 14:11

I remember a tape recorded 1982 in Gothenburg. i think the outro during the fireworks was a part of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: October 4, 2020 14:40

Yahozna-1,000 thank yous. For 23 years I've wondered what that song was! There is a really good boot of Chicago 9/23/97 where they let the end song play out. Now I know what that song is!

Re: Music playing while the crowd exit after the shows
Date: October 4, 2020 18:42

If memory serves, it was Land of Hope and Glory at Knebworth.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 4, 2020 20:06

TumblinDice76
Yahozna-1,000 thank yous. For 23 years I've wondered what that song was! There is a really good boot of Chicago 9/23/97 where they let the end song play out. Now I know what that song is!

It is one cool song!

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: October 4, 2020 20:24

Thanks everyone

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: October 4, 2020 20:49

It wasn't after a Stones concert (I think it was Radiohead), but the 'exit music' was 'On the Good Ship Lollipop' by Shirley Temple. The vibe changed so fast I got whiplash.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 4, 2020 21:33

yahozna
My favourite is from the Bridges to Babylon tour:

Orchestre National de Barbes - Alaoui

Mine too. Took me ages to hunt that down. Superb.

I think we got 'Monkey Man' by Toots & The Maytals at some of the 2003 shows.

SonofHarlemShuffler
If memory serves, it was Land of Hope and Glory at Knebworth.

They certainly played it at Wembley in 1982. Its on the pro shot video of the last third of the 26/6/82 show.

What was the classical music that was played at most of the other 1982 shows?Was it the '1812 Overture' ?

Obviously, the US got Jimi's 'Star Spangled Banner' the year before.

ErwinH
I'm not 100% sure,
But I think the classical music at the end of the 89/90-shows was Bizet's Les Toreadors (from Carmen)

Link to Les Toreadors: [youtu.be]

Ah yes, I think you're right. Didn't they then follow it with 'Ride of the Valkyries' or was that the VL tour?

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-04 21:40 by Gazza.

Posted by: MidnightGambler ()
Date: October 5, 2020 22:18

For Atlantic City 1989, a very powerful piece of a Wagner opera was played when the audience was leaving the arena.

It was (sorry title is in french) : La chevauchée des Walkyries.

This wonderful music is also the soundtrack of the movie Apocalypse Now, during the famous helicopters attack.

It must be played VERY LOUD !!!

Posted by: MidnightGambler ()
Date: October 5, 2020 22:32

Sorry Gazza, you gave the correct answer just before me and with the title in English, Ride of the Walkyries.

But it was definitively during the Steel Wheels US Tour (may be only for certain nights), And not the Voodoo Lounge.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 6, 2020 12:09

Years ago, the Slim Dunlap era Replacements used to play Sit On My Face And Tell Me That You Love Me by Monty Python when the house lights were turned after shows.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home