Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The guys’ homes
Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: October 4, 2020 04:12

Chris Fountain
I don't think it is polite to try to visit their home.

However, it is interesting where they choose to live. For example, why would Keith choose Connecticut, when he has always suggested he prefers warm weather.

Close to the city and with quiet, country living. Weston is a really nice village.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 4, 2020 05:22

Thats pretty creepy if true.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 4, 2020 05:35

On my honeymoon in 1998, I paid enough people to let into Keith's house in Jamaica.

Wheres the Keith vid where
he's out in the garden of Jamaican
home and hes laughin pointing and saying
something like .. Over theres where we bury all the bad guys ..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 4, 2020 06:25

[youtu.be]

me and the missus went to the Point of View

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: October 4, 2020 08:30

True story:

Growing up in Long Island, NY in the '70s-mid '80s, my school was a 1/4 mile from Bill Wyman's place in Old Westbury, right off the LI Expressway. We had to drive by it daily. There was a ~10-12 ft. high white stucco wall surrounding the property, but you could see part of the 2nd story on one of the corners of the house. In the 10 yrs I went to that school, I barely remember seeing cars go in & out of the gate. I was a Stones fan long before I ever knew that was 1 of his properties.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-04 21:29 by KevinM.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 4, 2020 11:05

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

However, it is interesting where they choose to live. For example, why would Keith choose Connecticut, when he has always suggested he prefers warm weather.

I believe Patti Hansen is from that area, if memory serves.

I believe she is originally from Staten Island, which isn’t far away (as the crow flies). And many well off NYers live outisde the city for greenspace and just regular old space.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 4, 2020 13:29

I stayed at the resort in Cabo San Lucas where Keith & Patti got married. They had a pretty good sized shrine (this was years after the marriage) to the event. Pretty cool.

Date: October 4, 2020 13:30

Shrine !!!! .... hey thats wild ....
Any photos ????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 4, 2020 15:57

Rockman
Shrine !!!! .... hey thats wild ....
Any photos ????

Eesh, I have some but not really sure where they are in the archives. If memory serves, there were quite a few photos involved with the presentation. I'm sure the hotel is still there. It was the original resort in the town. I've been to Cabo twice & it changed quite a lot between visits which is unfortunate. It has become way more "Americanized". My first visit it was way more Mexican. It looks like a corporation has taken over the hotel since I stayed there. Below is a link for it.

[www.sandos.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 5, 2020 08:58

I suppose some interest in their homes is warranted when it’s specifically Stones-related. Redlands in particular, is quite historically significant.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 5, 2020 09:59

Chris Fountain

When he moved there in the 1980's the state had yet to adopt an income tax.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Before 1991, Connecticut had an investment-only income tax system. Income from employment was untaxed, but income from investments was taxed at 13%, the highest rate in the U.S., with no deductions allowed for costs of producing the investment income, such as interest on borrowing.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: October 5, 2020 10:21

bv
It is my policy, running IORR since 1980, to give the band members respect of their private life at their homes. No need to stalk them at their homes.

Dear Bjornulf, you are absolutely right but do we really think that it would be interesting to see Mick Jagger's living room as a fan, only to say 'Whow, this is your living room'? How boring would this be?

And if you would really meet someone of the Stones in his private home he would have invited you to talk, probably even about topics other than music. There have been some photos of the Stones' private rooms, and they look quite normal compared to other celebrities' homes. If you see Mick Jagger's castle at La Ferrette in the Loire valley and you have seen other such castles from that time period you can imagine how he lives. He might even have more that one TV set… but that is speculation.

So what's the big deal? I do not think I would be more impressed than by everyone's other home. Either you like it or you don't like it...

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: October 5, 2020 11:06

Has this thread turned into some weird fantasy/dream/wish thing?

Anyways, back in reality, last year I passed by Redlands, and had a little nose around the lanes. My 6 year old daughter (and concert-going Stones fan) had drawn KR a card, and left in the letter box there...

Date: October 5, 2020 11:29

peoplewitheyes

Anyways, back in reality, last year I passed by Redlands, and had a little nose around the lanes. My 6 year old daughter (and concert-going Stones fan) had drawn KR a card, and left in the letter box there...

I've only ventured to West Sussex a handful of times, but it is my understanding that West Wittering is a nice little village. Doesn't Keith own a beach hut in the locality?

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 5, 2020 12:20

saltoftheearth

and they look quite normal

Correct.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 6, 2020 22:09

My first invite to one of their private homes was Ronnie's 60th at Holmwood, I went the following year too and also know the current owners so have been back since. Big parties with many present from Music, Sport etc...

Much much more memorable are the many times I have spent one on one. I pitched Ronnie the idea of a live version of "I Feel Like Playing" at Ruxley Towers where he lived with Kat and then Anna. Made me smile seeing just "Matt" entered in for the day on his Kitchen wall planner. I visited him at Ruxley at least a handful of times.

The other homes I have been invited to are still current so maybe a story for another day.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 6, 2020 23:18

mattleeuk
My first invite to one of their private homes was Ronnie's 60th at Holmwood, I went the following year too and also know the current owners so have been back since. Big parties with many present from Music, Sport etc...

Much much more memorable are the many times I have spent one on one. I pitched Ronnie the idea of a live version of "I Feel Like Playing" at Ruxley Towers where he lived with Kat and then Anna. Made me smile seeing just "Matt" entered in for the day on his Kitchen wall planner. I visited him at Ruxley at least a handful of times.

The other homes I have been invited to are still current so maybe a story for another day.

Obviously the have meeting or party areas for guests. Did you see any Man Caves with fridge full of beer and a Big TV along with Pop Corn Popper?

Date: October 7, 2020 10:43

mattleeuk

A colleague and acquaintance of mine has visited Ronnie at his home. Ronnie is one of his visa-related clients. He told me how cordial, inviting and accommodating he is. He's a pleasure to do business with, apparently.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: October 7, 2020 11:10

Big Al
peoplewitheyes

I've only ventured to West Sussex a handful of times, but it is my understanding that West Wittering is a nice little village. Doesn't Keith own a beach hut in the locality?

Apparently he paid around 200K USD for it! So the rumours were.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: October 7, 2020 13:32

In 1987 I was a 26 year boy from Germany visiting a friend in New York. One night I went to Nell‘s which was the hot new club in the also new hip meat district.
Nell‘s was a black clun with a minority of ca. 30% white guests. In the lounge room I spottet Jeff Beck. My friend said: „Go and say hello to him. He will be happy even one is recognizing him in this black scene here. So I did. I said:
„If you are the one I guess you are, I like to thank you for the work you did on the last solo album of Mick“ He was very pleased, smiled, thanked me and startet to tell that he is actually right now with Mick in the studio again to record the
next solo-album. (which later became Primitive Cool). And that they are recording at Power Station and in Mick‘s house. He was very pleasant. Telling some things about the recording work an how it goes on etc. And when I repeated that Mick got a house here, he said yes its somewhere around West xxth/Riverside Drive.
So we chatted for a while. Later the night on my way home to my friends appartment (who left the club earlier)my taxi passed West xxth street near Riverside Drive. I asked the cab driver to drop me off. And walked down xxth street towards Riverside Drive. I geezed at the houses. Guessing which one could be Mick‘s. Not long and I discovered a nice house. Better refurbished than all the others. I walked the stairs to the door. And looked at a big Sothebys envelope looking out the letter box. I looked at the adress field on the envelope
and my heart stood still. „To Michael P. Jagger“. And there was a second one.
From Sothebys. Looking exactly the same. So I took the first one and took it home. A envelope to Mick! But I couldn‘t sleep. Not one second. So I stood up ar 4 o‘clock in the morning called a cab and sticked it back in Mick’s letterbox.
Never went back to the place again. Never did anything like this again. Still embarassed. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-08 09:37 by caschimann.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 7, 2020 14:00

caschimann
In 1987 I was a 26 year boy from Germany visiting a friend in New York. One night I went to Nell‘s which was the hot new club in the also new hip meat district.
Nell‘s was a black clun with a minority of ca. 30% white guests. In the lounge room I spottet Jeff Beck. My friend said: „Go and say hello to him. He will be happy even one is recognizing him in this black scene here. So I did. I said:
„If you are the one I guess you are, I like to thank you for the work you did on the last solo album of Mick“ He was very pleased, smiled, thanked me and startet to tell that he is actually right now with Mick in the studio again to record the
next solo-album. (which later became Primitive Cool). And that they are recording at Power Station and in Mick‘s house. He was very pleasant. Telling some things about the recording work an how it goes on etc. And when I repeated that Mick got a house here, he said yes its somewhere around West xxth/Riverside Drive.
So we chatted for a while. Later the night on my way home to my friends appartment (who left the club earlier)my taxi passed West 84th street near Riverside Drive. I asked the cab driver to drop me off. And walked down 84th street towards Riverside Drive. I geezed at the houses. Guessing which one could be Mick‘s. Not long and I discovered a nice house. Better refurbished than all the others. I walked the stairs to the door. And looked at a big Sothebys envelope looking out the letter box. I looked at the adress field on the envelope
From Sothebys. Looking exactly the same. So I took the first one and took it home. A envelope to Mick! But I couldn‘t sleep. Not one second. So I stood up ar 4 o‘clock in the morning called a cab and sticked it back in Mick’s letterbox.
Never went back to the place again. Never did anything like this again. Still embarassed. smiling smiley

Cool story. Glad you returned the letter.

Date: October 7, 2020 21:47

Oh well caschimann ... good ta see
you helped support New York taxi drivers ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 7, 2020 23:05

I am glad you XXed out the cross street with Riverside Drive.

Oops...until you revealed it to be 84th St. later on.

And I cannot believe you are bragging about not only a major personal intrusion on the life and possibly livelihood of Mr. Jagger, but some kind of big time law about stealing mail. Maybe thats only in America.

Yes I did see you returned it. Funny, that tactic didn't work out quite so well with me after having misgivings about robbing that bank.

jb

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: October 8, 2020 09:17

jbwelda
I am glad you XXed out the cross street with Riverside Drive.

Oops...until you revealed it to be 84th St. later on.

And I cannot believe you are bragging about not only a major personal intrusion on the life and possibly livelihood of Mr. Jagger, but some kind of big time law about stealing mail. Maybe thats only in America.

Yes I did see you returned it. Funny, that tactic didn't work out quite so well with me after having misgivings about robbing that bank.

jb

Yeah I know what you mean. Don't know why I put it in second place. But you and I can relax a bit: he doesn't own this house since 2 decades. He sold it in the late nineties. So its way ago he lived there.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 8, 2020 09:58

No one wants random weirdos turning up at your house with expectations of casual chat about your career. It's all very Mark Chapman.

Date: October 8, 2020 10:29

Bring back the moat ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: October 8, 2020 16:54

I wonder if the Census 2020 people bother Keith at his home in CT?

They tried to bother me at home, but I cut 'em off at the end of the driveway and sent 'em packing....the 4 dogs barking also helped.

same w/ the Jehovah's.....and every other soliciting dinkbag.

Keep it movin', pal!

....I'd like to do the same w/ the Trick O' Treaters this year....we got a pandemic going on, people....keep ya germy-kids AT HOME!

Point is....no, I've never been invited and I don't believe in stalking....but, that never stopped the Jehovah's from ringing my doorbell.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 8, 2020 19:05

caschimann
So we chatted for a while. Later the night on my way home to my friends appartment (who left the club earlier)my taxi passed West xxth street near Riverside Drive. I asked the cab driver to drop me off. And walked down xxth street towards Riverside Drive. I geezed at the houses. Guessing which one could be Mick‘s. Not long and I discovered a nice house. Better refurbished than all the others. I walked the stairs to the door. And looked at a big Sothebys envelope looking out the letter box. I looked at the adress field on the envelope

I saw Jeff Beck in a hotel in Memphis during a music festival trip. I'm always hesitant about approaching my heroes, rarely do unless they're truly isolated and looking bored so I don't start a feeding frenzy. He looked to be in a hurry so I didn't bother him.

Met Dickey Betts at the same place, just said Hi to him at the bar, said seen him many times and looking forward to the show, he was with someone, so that was about it.

My friend met the singer from Alabama Shakes at the same place...while I was at the festival waiting for them to hit the stage! He got a picture of her signing an autograph for me which was cool!

Met Lucinda Williams once, she was super nice, signed the CD I had with me.

Met Kenny Aronoff at a hotel in Nashville a few years ago (which visiting the Stones Exhibitionism exhibit), my teenage son is a drummer, I just had to introduce him to Mr. Aronoff. He couldn't have been nicer, jumped off the chair and sat and talked to us for almost a half hour, took a picture with my son and gave him an autograph.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 11, 2020 18:08

Ronnie’s 60th Birthday Invite (image not uploading!)

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 11, 2020 19:28

mattleeuk
Ronnie’s 60th Birthday Invite (image not uploading!)

Trust me, Matt ... you don't want to know how I did it...

Here it is anyway (ignore embedded spaces) :
[ img ]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ACtC-3cdfjpiqWCko6OZTjbdRo4J8AAD77g6vEoXPZZbeRCmAcagrCjUNpppuJeZQkWlBLRE5SScOSa3ULkMlaVRSiTyrC4XCgbzRxofX0_qOCzpLVE7JcklsIK75cT6brEZDCMrF_tEXYq6mNwLQVh6qz_N=w893-h1216-no?authuser=0[ /img ]

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home