Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The guys’ homes
Posted by: RAnderson ()
Date: October 3, 2020 04:47

Anyone ever been invited to their homes?
Really fascinated hearing stories of fellow Stones fans who have met the boys.

Re: The guys’ homes
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 3, 2020 04:54

....ive asked

ROCKMAN

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 3, 2020 05:25

I offered to take their garbage out,but haven't gotten a response yet

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: October 3, 2020 05:48

I was invited to a party at Mick’s but the invitation got lost in the mail.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 3, 2020 05:56

DaveG
I was invited to a party at Mick’s but the invitation got lost in the mail.

hot smiley

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: October 3, 2020 08:23

No, but I did bump into Keef who was stumbling drunk, rolling out of a limo @ ~3am at a strip mall in Florida. He had a few ladies in the limo jamming to music & he reeked of booze & cigarettes. He asked me for a light, I lit his cigarette, he thanked me, burped & farted simultaneously, we both laughed & he went on his merry way like a thief in the night.

I was in awe of the moment that I didn't even get a chance to ask him about the Stones etc. This was in the '80s before cams on cell phones/cell phones.

I wish the above story was true, it's not, but I could totally see it play out like that in the event it ever occurred. Though Keef has quit smoking...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-04 03:57 by KevinM.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 3, 2020 09:11

I saw Mick Jagger at a grocery store in Los Angeles once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Date: October 3, 2020 09:23

I knew ... I knew it ...
he's got a body like that from livin' on Milky Ways

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 3, 2020 09:30

RAnderson

Anyone ever been invited to their homes?

Yeah: the clean-up woman in Edith Grove .... grinning smiley

[Londonist.com] - RS Exhibitionism

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: October 3, 2020 12:07

I walked around Redlands once on the foot paths. The driveway gate was open but I chickened out though Keith was home in CT at the time. Maybe Marlon was there or just some minders.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 3, 2020 13:14

Bastion
I saw Mick Jagger at a grocery store in Los Angeles once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

What a guy

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 3, 2020 13:25

NilsHolgersson

What a guy

What a fantasy .... winking smiley

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: October 3, 2020 13:27

I've been asked, but I declined. I don't got home with strangers.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 3, 2020 13:44

Irix
NilsHolgersson

What a guy

Think so too ...
But ... Mick is a funny guy, who likes to tease from time to time ... anywhere.
cool smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 3, 2020 13:57

It is my policy, running IORR since 1980, to give the band members respect of their private life at their homes. No need to stalk them at their homes.

Bjornulf

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: October 3, 2020 15:03

We met Mick and Charlie at the Harbor Castle in Toronto in 1977 in the restaurant. Mick was very funny and generous and nice. Charlie, of course, very quiet.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 3, 2020 16:00

I don't think it is polite to try to visit their home.

However, it is interesting where they choose to live. For example, why would Keith choose Connecticut, when he has always suggested he prefers warm weather.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 3, 2020 16:22

georgie48
Irix
NilsHolgersson

What a guy

Think so too ...
But ... Mick is a funny guy, who likes to tease from time to time ... anywhere.
cool smiley

I would have believed it if he’d bought a bunch of Mars bars.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: October 3, 2020 16:23

Keith lives on the other side of the state of Connecticut of where I live,I give him his privacy,he does the same for me.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: October 3, 2020 18:00

Rockman
I knew ... I knew it ...
he's got a body like that from livin' on Milky Ways

I always read it was Mars Bars

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 3, 2020 18:33

I was invited to meet up with Justin Hinds at Point of View once but could not make it over there as I was in MoBay and couldn't get a ride at the appropriate time. I later visited Justin in Steer Town for a couple of days.

I was also asked if I would like to visit Ronnie's house in Richmond or maybe its Kingston (London) but I declined out of respect for his privacy...I don't think he was at home but one of my friends knew one of his groundskeepers.

So...a big strike out.

jb

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 3, 2020 18:52

Chris Fountain
I don't think it is polite to try to visit their home.

However, it is interesting where they choose to live. For example, why would Keith choose Connecticut, when he has always suggested he prefers warm weather.

I believe Patti Hansen is from that area, if memory serves.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 3, 2020 19:03

I was never at his home, but when I lived in NYC, once I saw Keith in the laundromat.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: October 3, 2020 22:04

schillid
I was never at his home, but when I lived in NYC, once I saw Keith in the laundromat.

Maybe he was laundering his money.tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 3, 2020 22:12

mosthigh
schillid

Maybe he was laundering his money.tongue sticking out smiley

Yes he used Gain detergentsmiling smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 3, 2020 22:41

Someone in London once invited me to Ronnie's, or a place that was having a party for him, but like a fool I didn''t go.
I was chasing some other fantasy at the time. Dumb.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 3, 2020 22:59

Bastion
I saw Mick Jagger . . . yawning really loudly.

I've seen this tale attributed to so many different celebrities, over the past five years or more.

Date: October 3, 2020 23:51

I live on an apartment on the 99th floor of my block
And I sit at home looking out the window imagining the world has stopped

................................. Get Off of My Cloud - Jagger/Richards

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 4, 2020 01:55

You are probably right but i always heard "...imagining the world as a cloud"

jb

Posted by: wambambirmingham ()
Date: October 4, 2020 03:30

On my honeymoon in 1998, I paid enough people to let into Keith's house in Jamaica. He was not there, of course. Got to go through his record and book collection and walk all around the house except his bedroom. Very nice and well done. He had a wall phone in the kitchen and below the phone was a list with four numbers-Mick, Ronnie, Charlie and Jane Rose. I debated whether to write them down but decided against it.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home