Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: We've had GHS, We've had Steel Wheel Live, What's Next ?
Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: September 28, 2020 22:58

How about the all the footage shot at MSG in NYC in '69 - or is the footage in Gimmie Shelter and the Ya Ya's DVD all there is?

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: September 28, 2020 23:22

hockenheim95
Cooltoplady
hockenheim95
Dorn
No Filter Tour DVD/Blueray + 2 CD

i´ve been waiting for that since Xmas 2018, back than the tour was still in everybody´s head. could have been a big success - and a good support of the at that time upcoming 2019-2025 US Tour

I don't think they filmed a No Filter gig for a major release... sadly

Every show is filmed

Of course every show is filmed for the screens but for a proper release like Hyde Park and Havanna you need way more cameras.

not filming shows for an intended DVD release would have been pretty ignorant and neglective, undoubtfully and seriously considering that this would be their final tour.

Date: September 29, 2020 01:23

Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman
Erik_Snow
A 2 DVD of Knebworth 1976 would be worth purchasing even if disc 1 only featured Little Red Rooster and disc 2 only had Wild Horses

The latter is already released, though smiling smiley

Not on disc.... It's the finest version of the song, apart from the original, IMO.

Yeah, only on iTunes. New York (Hold On Tight) is up there with it, imo.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: September 29, 2020 01:52

Erik_Snow
A 2 DVD of Knebworth 1976 would be worth purchasing even if disc 1 only featured Little Red Rooster and disc 2 only had Wild Horses
I wish I was wrong, but I think Knebworth has a lot of audio issues, I don't think he will ever be released.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: September 29, 2020 02:36

what i want is Paris 76

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 29, 2020 02:48

All Texas shows in 1972 were filmed by Roland Binzer for L&G .Dick Cavett show filmed at least part of a NYCshow.Roberr Frank filmed songs for CS Blues.Weren’t the Philly 1972 recorded professionally for an album.I guess all that stuffs is lost

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-29 02:52 by Taylor1.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 29, 2020 04:35

Does it seem strange that they did GHS? It kind of does to me. Especially considering it was 40 years ago this June that EMOTIONAL RESCUE came out. Seems like that would've been the obvious album to blow up with a deluxe.

What would be really weird is IORR, BLACK AND BLUE and anything post-TATTOO YOU to get a deluxe reissue.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 29, 2020 05:33

Why would that be weird? Seems like a logical next step to me.

I would be interested to see what they came up with for Black and Blue especially.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 29, 2020 05:51

Bigger Bang .... with all the early demos
The Glimmers cut while waiting for Charlie to recover ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 29, 2020 07:11

mosthigh
How about the all the footage shot at MSG in NYC in '69 - or is the footage in Gimmie Shelter and the Ya Ya's DVD all there is?

No, the Maysles filmed all three shows in their entirety, so why not?

plexi

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 29, 2020 08:32

Dorn
hockenheim95
Cooltoplady
hockenheim95
Dorn

i´ve been waiting for that since Xmas 2018, back than the tour was still in everybody´s head. could have been a big success - and a good support of the at that time upcoming 2019-2025 US Tour

Every show is filmed

Of course every show is filmed for the screens but for a proper release like Hyde Park and Havanna you need way more cameras.

not filming shows for an intended DVD release would have been pretty ignorant and neglective, undoubtfully and seriously considering that this would be their final tour.

There were extra cameras for the 3 Paris shows... What was it? 2017?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 29, 2020 08:32

Testify
Erik_Snow
I wish I was wrong, but I think Knebworth has a lot of audio issues, I don't think he will ever be released.

True, that. I don't mind the feedback horror, but the general public might.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 29, 2020 10:47

BowieStone
Dorn
hockenheim95
Cooltoplady
hockenheim95
Dorn

Every show is filmed

There were extra cameras for the 3 Paris shows... What was it? 2017?

Sounds interesting. Never heard of that but would be very nice to hear. Does anyone remember If it was a real setup for a major release like in Hyde Park and Cuba with multiple cranes or just a few more cameras for the archives?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 29, 2020 10:50

GasLightStreet

The entire album was from earlier sessions. There were no new band sessions, just leftovers that needed to be finished. Unlike some previous albums (SF, EOMS, GHS and ER) that had unfished previous session tracks, TY is completely previous session unfinished tracks - that were, obviously, finished and, just as with those previous albums when they came out, it was a new album.

It's nothing like CODA.

That aside, it is unknown if more tracks were finished. Therefor, a deluxe reissue seems pointless.

So, we're basically in agreement. I think it's borderline stunning.

Date: September 29, 2020 11:10

Testify
Here's what I would like ... Paris 76!
[www.youtube.com]

I would not mind spending hours watching back stage scenes of each tour.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: September 29, 2020 12:11

There's a load of outtakes from the Voodoo Lounge sessions. I assume that will be coming in 2024.

Do we really need a deluxe version of each album? I'd prefer more live shows or documentaries from tours prior 1989.

How about "World War III - the battle of Mick'n'Keef" ... ?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 29, 2020 12:38

hockenheim95

Sounds interesting. Never heard of that but would be very nice to hear. Does anyone remember If it was a real setup for a major release like in Hyde Park and Cuba with multiple cranes or just a few more cameras for the archives?

Few more cameras.
I remember a guy with a handheld camera filming the audience the entire time from the pit.
I didn't see that at other gigs.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 29, 2020 12:42

GasLightStreet
Does it seem strange that they did GHS? It kind of does to me. Especially considering it was 40 years ago this June that EMOTIONAL RESCUE came out. Seems like that would've been the obvious album to blow up with a deluxe.

They don't care about dates, anniversaries, jubilees, or anything like that cos to them it probably stinks of old-fashioned show-business.

And a deluxe ER? eye popping smiley As an album it barely holds together (I always thought there are like 4 decent songs on it = an EP would have been better) so an expanded version...?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 29, 2020 13:03

dcba
GasLightStreet

They don't care about dates, anniversaries, jubilees, or anything like that cos to them it probably stinks of old-fashioned show-business.

And a deluxe ER? eye popping smiley As an album it barely holds together (I always thought there are like 4 decent songs on it = an EP would have been better) so an expanded version...?
Some people think that ER is misunderrated masterpiece. So, you know...
But common sense is that in financial and PR terms it is better to release new album or Tattoo You expanded. Tour will give higher revenue for sure, but that is rather uncertain in given circumstances.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 29, 2020 13:10

ironbelly

But common sense is that in financial and PR terms it is better to release new album or Tattoo You expanded. Tour will give higher revenue for sure, but that is rather uncertain in given circumstances.

Yes, many rate Emotional Rescue highly. I partly suspect many of those who do so, purchased the album at the time and, therefore, have an attachment and sentimentality towards it. I don't think it's a bad release, just not a very good one. I don't suppose it helps that it's sandwiched between the - overrated, but great - Some Girls and the magnificent Tattoo You.

Date: September 29, 2020 13:14

dcba
GasLightStreet

As we've seen numerous times now, the quality of these releases is relying heavily on the amount of good outtakes or good live shows.

The ER sessions have plenty of good outtakes, like SG.

Posted by: johnnyb ()
Date: September 29, 2020 15:58

i live in Toronto and the historic El Mocambo has just reopened after being completely rebuilt from the ground with modern technology over five years.

They have begin streaming excellent shows live from the stage with terrific resolution and sound on someting called Nug TV.

in recent weeks they have had Big Wreck and 54 40 playing with gordon lightfoot set to appear next month.

the stones should consider a show there if the covid continues

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: September 29, 2020 16:35

With all respect to our friends who don’t celebrate it - A single that arrives from nowhere on Christmas Day.

Date: September 29, 2020 17:18

jbwelda
Why would that be weird? Seems like a logical next step to me.

I would be interested to see what they came up with for Black and Blue especially.

jb

Well, for one, it was a panned album. Two, it was 40 years for ER this year.

Logical step? Logic of what? First was EOMS, then SG, then SF.

Date: September 29, 2020 17:22

ironbelly
dcba
GasLightStreet

Seeing that a majority of TY is from the ER sessions and there are plenty of more unused tracks.

It does seem they care about anniversaries, at least lately - that's what FORTY LICKS and 50 AND COUNTING was about.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 29, 2020 17:29

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 29, 2020 19:06

Re: Black and Blue?

>Well, for one, it was a panned album.

Panned album? So what? Someone "pans" every album they ever put out until they realize the genius and then all of a sudden its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Irrelevant, totally.

>Two, it was 40 years for ER this year.

Obviously you have a different way of looking at the calendar than they do.

Emotional Rescue? I think they are smart enough to realize what a dog of an album that was. Talk about your panned albums (and for good reason if you ask me). I think Muddy Waters said it best: its dogshit.

jb

Date: September 29, 2020 20:08

jbwelda
Re: Black and Blue?

>Well, for one, it was a panned album.

Panned album? So what? Someone "pans" every album they ever put out until they realize the genius and then all of a sudden its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Irrelevant, totally.

>Two, it was 40 years for ER this year.

Obviously you have a different way of looking at the calendar than they do.

Emotional Rescue? I think they are smart enough to realize what a dog of an album that was. Talk about your panned albums (and for good reason if you ask me). I think Muddy Waters said it best: its dogshit.

jb

It's what's not on the album that would make ER Deluxe a brilliant release. I reckon you're familiar with many of the very good outtakes from these sessions?

Oh, and it IS 40 years now smiling smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 29, 2020 20:23

ER does have a lot of outtakes - probably a few great ones and a few losers.

As we've seem with EOMS, SG, and GHS, some gems got left out.

Ex. Give me "Plundered" over "Angel" or "Turd" any day or "No Spare Parts" over "Lies".

I'm sure there are some better ER outtakes than a number on the official release.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 29, 2020 20:30

I think the biggest problem with an Emotional Rescue Special Edition is...Mick Jagger doesn't really like the album. He just said in an interview about She's So Cold that he never really cared for the song SSC or the album EO. Same with Black and Blue. Its hard to imagine a Special Edition of albums that didn't sell overly well and Jagger himself wouldn't be excited to work on. GHS on the other hand is a favorite of Mick's and Keith is rather fond of it as well. So while GHS is not up there with the big 4, it's highly regarded by Mick and Keith.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home