Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15
Re: Keith Richards - Live at the Hollywood Palladium
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 6, 2021 15:35

slewan

1992 or 1995 or 1492 – in his age that doesn't matter anymore…

Yeah bring out the tapes of the 1792 tour before we all croak!

78 RPM Vinyl or wax cylinders please!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 6, 2021 15:39

dcba
slewan

1992 or 1995 or 1492 – in his age that doesn't matter anymore…

Yeah bring out the tapes of the 1792 tour before we all croak!

78 RPM Vinyl or wax cylinders please!

For 78 you need to go with the shellac or yer just posing.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 6, 2021 19:10

Thanks for the info on the Mould SID, after examining the disk very closely under a bright light and with a magnifying visor on, it is indeed the defective disk 942W that came with my set. The code is not exactly where it is shown on the disk above, it is instead on the very inner clear circle before the hole in the center of the disk. But it is there, plain as day once you zoom in on it, but as I said, its the supposed defective disk.

Will stick it in my blu-ray player tonite and see if it actually works or not.

Replacement DVD
Labelnumber DVD: 4500538588064
Matrix DVD: 538588065 17 A00
Matrix Mastering SID Code: IFPI L557
Matrix Mould SID Code: IFPI 948X

Not working DVD
Labelnumber DVD: 4500538588064
Matrix DVD: 538588065 17 A00
Matrix Mastering SID Code: IFPI L557
Matrix Mould SID Code: IFPI 942W

thanks again for the help and useful information!

jb

Date: June 6, 2021 23:59

DandelionPowderman
jbwelda
I have to say my SD Talk Is Cheap vinyl ran flat and smooth and so does the red vinyl copy of this Palladium show. Sounded pretty compressed though, not a lot of dynamic range, just loudness. Too Rude sounds pretty good though and its one reggae song these guys sound pretty convincing on.

I do expect the dvd to play though, I kind of wrote it off to some players will handle it and others not, but we will see.

I said above I might leave it sealed but actually I will be curious to see the extras and check the dvd to see if it at least plays. Its probably the same content as the original VHS?

jb

If it plays through Time Is On My Side you have the right copy smiling smiley

Well even though I do not seem to have the correct copy, my dvd just played through that song without a problem on my computer blu-ray/dvd player. Spot checked a number of other songs before and after as well and did not notice any problems. Will probably try later in my stand alone blu-ray but so far looks like the coast is clear.

I also checked the beginning of Whip It Up and didn't notice anything missing. Unless it was some strummed notes before KR says the song name into the mike, it seems to be all there. Maybe that wasn't the song with missing intro notes though.

Edit to add: I compared the video to the audio on the cd and the cd does seem to be missing the intro including KR saying the song title, but it is included on the dvd. If that is what the complaint was, I think it was just typical editing for audio vs for video where cutting the intro out would be obvious. But maybe something else was meant.

I have to say, didn't particularly love this release when it was originally put out, but its seriously growing on me. Even Time Is On My Side, that gal sings better than Mick, better watch it man, someone might get your job! And Too Rude is pretty much the closest I think I have heard to the Stones playing reggae right. Even, you know, if it isn't the Stones.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-07 00:09 by jbwelda.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 7, 2021 02:12

The bad edit intro is only on cd, not on the dvd.

Also it's not always, but most of the time, that it all goes wrong at TIOMS, it can be earlier, but also further on the dvd.

I have tried three, or four boxes and the one which played best was the American box from the official Keith site, that dvd played till half of Happy, which is almost at the end of the dvd. But none of the dvd's played from the beginning to the end.

Date: June 7, 2021 02:17

Thanks GJV, I just finished watching it all the way through on my PC blu-ray player and no problems. Maybe I just got lucky. Will try again this evening on my standalone.

So it jumps around and stops playing and really obvious stuff not just a little jitter here and there? None of that happened when I just ran it and I was paying attention nearly the entire time.

jb

Date: June 7, 2021 07:01

So, ran it on my standalone blu-ray machine, worked perfect. Right up until the last bows after Connection...then it froze and would not respond. At the beginning, also, I could tell something was up because it took a long time for the player to sync up the disk and then it went direct into the program instead of to a top menu, that I know is there because I saw it on my PC player. After it froze, went back and started it and worked fine but again no top menu. So, its screwed up but pretty minimally, if there were a fixed one available I might bother to request one but otherwise what I got was fine for the price I guess. Spun both LPs on my tt and no warp, a very slight fluctuation but you cannot ask for perfection these days, so quite acceptable, will certainly play through without problems unless there are other flaws I did not notice.

thanks for the info and tips again

jb

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 7, 2021 17:34

jbwelda
Got my sd set today, that was pretty quick shipping.

I tried to check my dvd for the proper replacement numbers but for the life of me I cannot find the pertinent number, which according to the post above, should be Matrix Mould SID Code: IFPI 948X. Where exactly is this Matrix Mould SID code? I do not see anything like that on the dvd itself, neither on the front of it or the back in the center circle area.

Packaging was first rate with a separate outer box with xpensive winos sticker on it, and the inside looks pretty perfect. Have not slapped the vinyl onto my turntable yet, but it looks pretty flat from a quick inspection.

Total deal from my view. Any further help on the dvd would be appreciated.

jb

Just got notification mine shipped. Expecting it in a week or so. Damn cross-border shipping!

Hope that the DVD isn't a flub.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 7, 2021 18:49

treaclefingers

Just got notification mine shipped. Expecting it in a week or so. Damn cross-border shipping!

Hope that the DVD isn't a flub.
No, you'll get original (not replacement) DVD. The only question is - can your player correct those errors or will choke at some point.

Date: June 7, 2021 18:55

jbwelda
So, ran it on my standalone blu-ray machine, worked perfect. Right up until the last bows after Connection...then it froze and would not respond. At the beginning, also, I could tell something was up because it took a long time for the player to sync up the disk and then it went direct into the program instead of to a top menu, that I know is there because I saw it on my PC player. After it froze, went back and started it and worked fine but again no top menu. So, its screwed up but pretty minimally, if there were a fixed one available I might bother to request one but otherwise what I got was fine for the price I guess. Spun both LPs on my tt and no warp, a very slight fluctuation but you cannot ask for perfection these days, so quite acceptable, will certainly play through without problems unless there are other flaws I did not notice.

thanks for the info and tips again

jb
You can try and contact amazon. They should be aware of the issue. Just tell them that DVD won't play and ask for a replacement DVD. Or contact BMG directly with this issue. People from this board got replacement DVDs. That is why urbansteel knows all those IFPIs. First he got defective one in the box and later the replacement.

Date: June 8, 2021 01:10

You're very lucky, jbwelda, you're one of the few with an almost perfect working dvd.

I don't know if all Amazon's are dealing with this issue the same, but with the Dutch Amazon (a.nl) they didn't want to do anything but just send me another box, which including ofcourse the same not good working dvd. They didn't want contact BMG for a replacement disc at all. That was not possible I was told.

So I sent it back, got my money back and ordered the box at cdjapan and they sent me a replacement disc when I told them about the issue of the dvd.

Date: June 8, 2021 01:21

Yeah I kind of doubt I will bother with trying to get Amazon to deal with it, I would suspect they would do exactly the same: tell me to return the box and send another one, with another defective dvd. So I might contact BMG but I also might just forget it since I got such a good deal on the box. I might also rip the dvd to my computer if possible to save off a good copy of it in case the dvd further deteriorates with time.

Thanks again everyone and of course, carry on. Interested to see how yours turns out, treacle.

jb

Posted by: filoca ()
Date: December 24, 2021 14:28

[www.amazon.it]

...not bad..

Date: December 24, 2021 14:54

filoca
[www.amazon.it]

...not bad..
Are you 100% sure that the DVD in the box will be defects free?
Are you sure that you will be able to get a replacement DVD from record company?

Date: December 25, 2021 03:40

ironbelly
filoca
[www.amazon.it]

...not bad..
Are you 100% sure that the DVD in the box will be defects free?
Are you sure that you will be able to get a replacement DVD from record company?

No, see my posts before.
When I ordered at Amazon.nl and I got the box it had a not working good dvd and the only thing they offered was to send the box back and got another one, not replacing the dvd with a replacement dvd, that was not possible I was told twice. Ofcourse this is Italy, maybe they deal with it differently, but I would not count on it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-25 04:18 by GJV.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 13, 2022 17:02

Is the DVD included in this set the same as the stand alone original DVD that came out, or are there extras on it? Haven't bought it at any of the fire sale prices yet because of the defective disc.

Date: September 13, 2022 21:38

It't the same without any extra's.
They claim it's remastered though.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 15, 2022 02:13

Ok well then not such a big deal that it doesn’t work. Tho would be great to get a replacement from the company if it actually works.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1616
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home