Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 14 of 15
Re: Keith Richards - Live at the Hollywood Palladium
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 1, 2021 18:48

thanks treacle, even though i resisted buying the super deluxe edition, this price was too good to pass up.

jb

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2021 19:00

jbwelda
thanks treacle, even though i resisted buying the super deluxe edition, this price was too good to pass up.

jb

You're welcome...I wasn't going to either but I was watching it and then it became too good to resist.

Oh well, just need to buy another house to facilitate my stones music mausoleum.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 3, 2021 09:14

I got a copy too. Even with warped vinyl and defective discs it’s worth $48. Really dig the T-shirt box.

Date: June 3, 2021 19:24

warped vinyl and defective disks? Didn't and don't expect that, though now that you mention it, I do recall reports of those things. But I doubt I will open my copy anyhow, already have the red vinyl set and more than one version of the original release. This was strictly a completist purchase on my part. Don't even dig the music all that much to be honest.

jb

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 3, 2021 19:39

jbwelda
warped vinyl and defective disks? Didn't and don't expect that, though now that you mention it, I do recall reports of those things. But I doubt I will open my copy anyhow, already have the red vinyl set and more than one version of the original release. This was strictly a completist purchase on my part. Don't even dig the music all that much to be honest.

jb

Interesting you mention the vinyl being warped -my Talk is Cheap Super Deluxe vinyl was warped too. I got Amazon to send a replacement and it was warped too (but not as much).

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 3, 2021 21:55

You all forget the DVD doesn't play usually and the missing seconds of the intro to Whip It Up (I think it's this song). I don't expect these things were corrected, this being the reason for the low price. I returned this box twice already at regular price. So $48 is worth the extras in my opinion, and I have the red vinyl. Good enough.

Date: June 4, 2021 02:14

I have to say my SD Talk Is Cheap vinyl ran flat and smooth and so does the red vinyl copy of this Palladium show. Sounded pretty compressed though, not a lot of dynamic range, just loudness. Too Rude sounds pretty good though and its one reggae song these guys sound pretty convincing on.

I do expect the dvd to play though, I kind of wrote it off to some players will handle it and others not, but we will see.

I said above I might leave it sealed but actually I will be curious to see the extras and check the dvd to see if it at least plays. Its probably the same content as the original VHS?

jb

Date: June 4, 2021 14:17

jbwelda
I have to say my SD Talk Is Cheap vinyl ran flat and smooth and so does the red vinyl copy of this Palladium show. Sounded pretty compressed though, not a lot of dynamic range, just loudness. Too Rude sounds pretty good though and its one reggae song these guys sound pretty convincing on.

I do expect the dvd to play though, I kind of wrote it off to some players will handle it and others not, but we will see.

I said above I might leave it sealed but actually I will be curious to see the extras and check the dvd to see if it at least plays. Its probably the same content as the original VHS?

jb

If it plays through Time Is On My Side you have the right copy smiling smiley

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 4, 2021 14:38

You should have asked for a replacement DVD. I got mine from JPC.de

Replacement DVD: Keith Richards Hollywood Palladium.

Keith Richards Live At The Hollywood SuperDeLuxe Edition

Replacement DVD
Labelnumber DVD: 4500538588064
Matrix DVD: 538588065 17 A00
Matrix Mastering SID Code: IFPI L557
Matrix Mould SID Code: IFPI 948X

Not working DVD
Labelnumber DVD: 4500538588064
Matrix DVD: 538588065 17 A00
Matrix Mastering SID Code: IFPI L557
Matrix Mould SID Code: IFPI 942W

[www.ip.philips.com]
[wiki.redump.org]

Notes:

Compare the Matrix Mould SID Codes, the new one is: IFPI 948X

Date: June 4, 2021 16:26

jbwelda

jb

That's why you buy 2 copies, play copy and museum copy.

COME ON Welda, how long have you been posting here? That is a rookie error.

Date: June 4, 2021 18:27

treaclefingers
jbwelda

jb

WTF is a "rookie error"? I got the original, the original is original and anything else is a copy. Thinking anything else is a rookie error.

Bought my first RS record in about 1964. Far from a rookie at this sonny boy. Though I figure you must be kidding, which would be another rookie error.

jb

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 4, 2021 20:39

Don't worry: it's not realy "sealed", it has a resealable plastic cover, so you can sneaky open it and seal it again.cool smiley

Date: June 4, 2021 21:31

Keith just posted a new video on Instagram:

@officialkeef On Record Store Day, June 12, 2021, a limited edition red vinyl 7” single 'Wicked As It Seems Live' will be released! Includes 2 previously unreleased live tracks from Keith Richards & The X-Pensive Winos, recorded in December 1995 at the Town & Country Club, Kentish Town, London as part of the Main Offender Tour. #recordstoreday #rsddrops
[www.instagram.com]

Date: June 4, 2021 21:47

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 4, 2021 22:33

DandelionPowderman

1992 or 1995 or 1492 – in his age that doesn't matter anymore…

Date: June 4, 2021 22:53

grinning smiley

Date: June 4, 2021 23:01

jbwelda
treaclefingers
jbwelda

jb

WTF is a "rookie error"? I got the original, the original is original and anything else is a copy. Thinking anything else is a rookie error.

Bought my first RS record in about 1964. Far from a rookie at this sonny boy. Though I figure you must be kidding, which would be another rookie error.

jb

Look, if this is going to turn into a gun fight I need a little notice.

Date: June 4, 2021 23:39

Never bring a knife to a gunfight Treacle.

I am kidding man, you give me shat and I shat it back.

I actually agree with you generally.

Good to know its resealable then...

xpensive winos played at the T&C? Been there a couple times, thats a pretty small place for an outfit like that. Wish I was there.

jb

Date: June 5, 2021 06:46

jbwelda
Never bring a knife to a gunfight Treacle.

I am kidding man, you give me shat and I shat it back.

I actually agree with you generally.

Good to know its resealable then...

xpensive winos played at the T&C? Been there a couple times, thats a pretty small place for an outfit like that. Wish I was there.

jb

It sounds like next time toilet paper is the item that we need to bring to a fight!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 5, 2021 10:09

..... easy boys ... easy

ROCKMAN

Date: June 5, 2021 17:02

Rockman

..... easy boys ... easy

easy for you to say, you're not nipples deep in it!

Date: June 5, 2021 19:08

At least they are not wiping their butts with those pieces!

jb

Date: June 5, 2021 22:27

Nipples!!! ... had mine removed ... smoother shirt line ....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 6, 2021 00:49

Rockman
d

That's odd. How can you tell when your cold now?

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: June 6, 2021 01:51

treaclefingers
Rockman
d

That's odd. How can you tell when your cold now?

Sack shrink...hopefully those weren't removed as well.

Date: June 6, 2021 02:36

.... RockeeeBoy run hot all da time ....
Like a GM ... better off slavin the revs ...

ROCKMAN

Date: June 6, 2021 02:48

Ya mean like a Holden

jb

Date: June 6, 2021 03:36

Got my sd set today, that was pretty quick shipping.

I tried to check my dvd for the proper replacement numbers but for the life of me I cannot find the pertinent number, which according to the post above, should be Matrix Mould SID Code: IFPI 948X. Where exactly is this Matrix Mould SID code? I do not see anything like that on the dvd itself, neither on the front of it or the back in the center circle area.

Packaging was first rate with a separate outer box with xpensive winos sticker on it, and the inside looks pretty perfect. Have not slapped the vinyl onto my turntable yet, but it looks pretty flat from a quick inspection.

Total deal from my view. Any further help on the dvd would be appreciated.

jb

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: June 6, 2021 03:37

Rockman
.... RockeeeBoy run hot all da time ....
Like a GM ... better off slavin the revs ...

thumbs up

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 6, 2021 09:40

jbwelda
Got my sd set today, that was pretty quick shipping.

I tried to check my dvd for the proper replacement numbers but for the life of me I cannot find the pertinent number, which according to the post above, should be Matrix Mould SID Code: IFPI 948X. Where exactly is this Matrix Mould SID code? I do not see anything like that on the dvd itself, neither on the front of it or the back in the center circle area.

Packaging was first rate with a separate outer box with xpensive winos sticker on it, and the inside looks pretty perfect. Have not slapped the vinyl onto my turntable yet, but it looks pretty flat from a quick inspection.

Total deal from my view. Any further help on the dvd would be appreciated.

jb
Mould IFPI code is located on the hub. It can be seen from the play side of the CD/DVD. Like this

However, in many cases that imprint is faint. Try to inspect the disc under a strong lamp (bright sunlight) and with a lens. You'll need to tilt and rotate the disc to find a proper position to distinguish that imprint. Hate to tell you, to find Mould IFPI for Sony-DADC Europe-made discs is a bit challenging in the most cases.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-06 14:46 by ironbelly.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 14 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1160
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home