Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15
Re: Keith Richards - Live at the Hollywood Palladium
Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: December 23, 2020 11:36

Bjorn
Now live on youtube: Keith and Winos in France!

Oh thank you. I attended this show.

Cool Christmas present !

YM

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 23, 2020 15:40

[www.youtube.com]

Keith obviously wanted to impress the Froggies. Did he ever start another gig with the jackhammer-like "999"?

Posted by: atsu69 ()
Date: January 5, 2021 13:25

Warner Music Japan has announced the replacement of the DVD for customers in Japan.

[wmg.jp]

There is no Japanese edition this time, so this replacement may be applied to worldwide by local distributorsmileys with beer.

However, according to the reply from Warner Music Japan, the bug of CD "Whip It Up" won't be replaced because this is based on the master source for CD...

atsu69
There is no Japanese edition for this title.
So, we Japanese bought import ones.

But, there are reports on bad condition about this title.

DVD - It can't be played, or it worked at first, but then stopped playing halfway through.
CD - The opening riffs for "Whip It Up" are missing for 5 seconds. (only Vinyl is OK)

I hope these problems will be solved.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: January 5, 2021 14:06

atsu69
Warner Music Japan has announced the replacement of the DVD for customers in Japan.

[wmg.jp]

There is no Japanese edition this time, so this replacement may be applied to worldwide by local distributorsmileys with beer.

However, according to the reply from Warner Music Japan, the bug of CD "Whip It Up" won't be replaced because this is based on the master source for CD...

Well on the "old CD" there is no bug in the intro of whip it up. So it easyly could be fixed

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: January 5, 2021 14:07

atsu69
atsu69

Really shameful. No one did a second check on the master? OMG.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 10, 2021 19:54

In the book from the box I read why two songs still are not on cd/dvd and the vinyl single, that's because of technical isues...?!!? I never heard anything wrong on the boots while listening to these tracks (Mistral and TSP).

And it's nice to hear that our Japanese friends get a replacement dvd, but what about the rest of the world, we were also crazy enough to buy this ... (full in the blanc) .. box, it would be nice to get a replacement disc as well.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 10, 2021 20:13

dcba
[www.youtube.com]

Keith obviously wanted to impress the Froggies. Did he ever start another gig with the jackhammer-like "999"?

That was the only show. All the rest were Take It So Hard.

Posted by: Sat65 ()
Date: February 3, 2021 22:01

Has anyone else had problems with their orders for the Keith Richards - Live at the Hollywood Palladium Box Set?
I received my copy on 24 December, but the box and the album sleeve contained within was damaged.
Even more worrying, having ordered the Deluxe "Signed" version I was even more concerned that the poster contained was Not Signed.
Anyway I have spent the last 6 weeks trying to get Keith Richards Shop to rectify without any success.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 3, 2021 22:09

Sat65
Has anyone else had problems with their orders for the Keith Richards - Live at the Hollywood Palladium Box Set?
I received my copy on 24 December, but the box and the album sleeve contained within was damaged.
Even more worrying, having ordered the Deluxe "Signed" version I was even more concerned that the poster contained was Not Signed.
Anyway I have spent the last 6 weeks trying to get Keith Richards Shop to rectify without any success.

I hope you didn't wait too long, but you should open a case w/ your vendor of payment method, credit card co. or paypal, etc. They should be able to get your money back at least.

Date: February 3, 2021 22:16

It shouldn't be hard for the KR to rectify, or the very least reply to emails and my telephone calls. All I have asked for is for them to send a replacement LP and send the Signed poster. I really hope I don't have to go down the payment refund route.

Date: February 4, 2021 04:29

Sat65
It shouldn't be hard for the KR to rectify, or the very least reply to emails and my telephone calls. All I have asked for is for them to send a replacement LP and send the Signed poster. I really hope I don't have to go down the payment refund route.

Often times just opening the case is what is needed to trigger action. Once they see they may lose the sale, they "usually" jump to make it right. And if not, at least you can get the refund. You should have opened a case already, don't wait any longer.

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: February 4, 2021 04:33

The signed poster was sent separate from the box set. The box set DOES include an unsigned copy of the poster. You should have receive tracking info when the signed poster ships.

Hope this helps.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 4, 2021 05:19

Yes, and if you ordered the signed version, you should have received two separate tracking numbers too: one for the signed poster (sent in an envelope) and one for the boxset (sent in a package).

Did they email you with tracking numbers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-04 05:20 by Topi.

Date: February 4, 2021 22:22

Thanks, nope I was only sent one tracking number which may explain why I only received one parcel.
As for the customer service department - shocking! Six weeks of seeking rectification and nothing!

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: February 5, 2021 12:59

GasLightStreet
dcba
[www.youtube.com]

Several shows were opened with "Somethin' Else".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-05 13:03 by Meise.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: February 5, 2021 13:02

[www.setlist.fm]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-05 13:04 by Meise.

Date: February 5, 2021 15:56

Sat65
Thanks, nope I was only sent one tracking number which may explain why I only received one parcel.
As for the customer service department - shocking! Six weeks of seeking rectification and nothing!

That's not really shocking to me, the only time I get adequate customer service is from the bigger retail chains (such as a Walmart, or Amazon).

Still, this is more sounding to me now like its possible you selected the wrong item. Does your payment match what you expected to receive?

Date: February 5, 2021 17:05

I definitely ordered and paid for the Limited, "Signed" version of the Keith Richards - Live at the Hollywood Palladium Box Set.
I've mentioned before, but that the customer service department is shocking - in fact it is the worse I have ever encountered.

Posted by: Snab ()
Date: February 9, 2021 19:55

As an aside, has anyone received there X-Pensive Winos t-shirt (black)? Received an email that a shipping label has been generated but it has not moved since. Customer service will not respond.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 10, 2021 19:43

Price drop on Amazon US: Live at the Hollywood Palladium (LTD QTY BOX SET)

List Price: $174.98
Price: $98.59 FREE One-Day
You Save: $76.39 (44%)

Not sure if it's been this cheap yet, but chances are it will drop even lower considering defective DVD, cd, etc. which some of the copies had (see below).
Gonna hold out and wait until it drops down to apprx. $40 or lower, but not even sure if that's worth it - maybe I'd pay $20...

atsu69
Honestman
Got my package today.

Evrything's ok with it, no warped vinyls my side which is the good news, but I could confirm that there is a bug on the CD for Whip It Up, Am I the only one to notice it, I'm amazed no one has mentionned it.
Will they do a replacemnt CD for it like they did for Think I'm Going Mad years ago is another thing...

Sure, I posted about the defects in page 6 of this thread.

DVD - It can't be played, or it worked at first, but then stopped playing halfway through.
CD - The opening riffs for "Whip It Up" are missing for 5 seconds. (only Vinyl is OK)

I hope these problems will be solved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-10 19:48 by Hairball.

Date: March 3, 2021 02:22

Price continues to drop for box set on Amazon US - now down to only $78.90 w/free shipping. Live at the Hollywood Palladium (LTD QTY BOX SET)
Must be trying to get rid of all the box sets that have defective dvd's and/or cds....

List Price: $174.98
With Deal: $78.90
You Save: $96.08 (55%)

Gonna keep holding out until it's down to about $20 or less...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-03 02:22 by Hairball.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 3, 2021 02:55

Meise
GasLightStreet
dcba
[www.youtube.com]

Several shows were opened with "Somethin' Else".

The European tour was every show but one with Take It So Hard. I neglected the 1993 North American tour which every show but one opened with Somethin' Else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-03 02:55 by GasLightStreet.

Date: March 3, 2021 03:29

Hairball

Agree, for 20 less, I just might do it too, even w/ the faulty dvd.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 3, 2021 04:17

He means $20 total or less, not 20 less than current. At least thats the way I read it. Might be a long wait.

jb

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 3, 2021 04:21

LeonidP
Hairball

I think I read for $20, OR LESS, as opposed for $20 less.

I got Talk is Cheap for $42 which was unbelievably good. I'd hit this one at that price.

Date: March 3, 2021 04:33

treaclefingers
LeonidP
Hairball

I got Talk is Cheap for $42 which was unbelievably good. I'd hit this one at that price.

Ah yes, well still, for the vinyl i think i would go 20 less than current, ~$60 or so and I am in!

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 3, 2021 04:38

Screw it, I went for it.

No longer master of my domain, no doubt.

jb

Date: March 3, 2021 05:29

treaclefingers
LeonidP
Hairball

Yeah, I meant $20 or less, but looking at contents of box again would also go for the apprx. $40 price which is what I also paid for the Talk is Cheap Deluxe.
The double vinyl, the 10" vinyl, the book, the cd's, along with various trinkets and a poster all in a nice box set would be worth it.
Bummer about the defective dvd, but seems some people were lucky and received a proper version - I'd be willing to take that gamble at $40-ish.
Anyhow, in no hurry for this, and will patiently wait and watch the price as it continues to drop while time marches on...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-03 05:30 by Hairball.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 3, 2021 11:13

I was one of the lucky ones to buy the Goats Head Soup SuperDeLuxe Box on Amazon NL for € 18.50.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2021 16:26

$48 on amazon.com right now...

[www.amazon.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home