Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15
Re: Keith Richards - Live at the Hollywood Palladium
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 22, 2020 15:19

I wouldn't have mind if they did a slight remix on the drum sound...That snare is unbearable after 10 minutes.

Mathijs

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 22, 2020 15:35

And the sellers haven't even bothered to post a picture of the actual signature they claim to sell!

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: November 23, 2020 04:00

Does anyone have information on whether this CD 'Whip It Up' issue is also present on the new stand alone CD edition? Vs. just the CD included in the big deluxe box? I suppose if it's a mastering issue, there's reason to think it will be all new Palladium CDs, in the box set or not.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: November 23, 2020 04:08

That would be my bet; probably no difference amongst the various CD releases, probably all come from the same place.

jb

Date: November 23, 2020 04:48

jbwelda
That would be my bet; probably no difference amongst the various CD releases, probably all come from the same place.

jb

Yeah, very likely. Damn. I really was ready to buy the new CD. I know it offers nothing new (beyond the nicer packaging) but I was ready to do it anyway. But if the music is *ucked up, well then maybe I'll hang on to my old one. Alas.

Date: November 23, 2020 04:57

Or buy it on vinyl. Apparently that does not exhibit the same defect.

jb

Date: November 23, 2020 05:21

jbwelda
Or buy it on vinyl. Apparently that does not exhibit the same defect.

jb

thumbs up

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: November 23, 2020 06:52

Munichhilton
Assembled by accountants and designed by auditors. This release had so much incredible potential but in the end was released not for the fans, but for the quick repackaged cash grab. Seek ye the bootleg. It’s been available in its entirety for decades and is exactly what they should’ve released on this occasion...

Exactly. To the point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-23 17:12 by frenki09.

Date: November 23, 2020 06:52

Is this what the CD sounds like? (This was posted November 12 on YouTube)

Seems like this is what people are describing...

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-23 06:52 by floodonthepage.

Date: November 23, 2020 09:44

Yes. Compare it to the video version [www.youtube.com]

And you can see that there's a few seconds missing from the beginning.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: November 23, 2020 11:17

floodonthepage

[www.youtube.com]

That is pretty bad and it sounds to me like it has been deliberately edited that way. Given that the release can only be aimed at fans who probably own the original album anyway this is pretty appalling. Where is the quality control?

I am sticking with the original release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-23 14:04 by Valeswood.

Date: November 23, 2020 16:43

Valeswood
floodonthepage

[www.youtube.com]

That is pretty bad and it sounds to me like it has been deliberately edited that way. Given that the release can only be aimed at fans who probably own the original album anyway this is pretty appalling. Where is the quality control?

Yeah me too. I was going to buy this new version as I thought it would look nice next to the new Talk is Cheap (both new editions having that book-style packaging) but nope, not now. Alas.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 24, 2020 01:11

Ok guys this is the answer I've got from KR official store to the message I sent asking them if they plan to do something with the cd.

"Hello,
Thank you for contacting us.
We are currently experiencing a surge of emails and cannot provide you with an individualized response at this time.
Our warehouse team are taking all necessary precautions during this pandemic, and are working as hard as possible to have your order dispatched.
However, we have assembled some Frequently Asked Questions below.
We hope that the answers to these questions will provide you with the information or resolution that you seek.
However, if they do not, and you still require assistance, please reply to this email.
Please note that USPS and UPS tracking may have delayed updates and packages may temporarily require more time to be delivered due to limited
transportation availability as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Additional time may be required for delivery of your shipment.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Sincerely,
Customer Service Team
Keith Richards Support - [store.keithrichards.com] "

I didn't expected more...sadly.

HMN

Date: November 24, 2020 02:05

I got a response similar to that when I emailed them as well but then a day or so later an actual person addressed my question, which had to do with the delay in the color LP version I had ordered. I would expect someone will get back to you later with an actual reply

jb

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: November 24, 2020 02:36

GJV
Pffff....the signed version is now on Ebay for 1518,47 and 1291,23 dollars. Think I will pass up those...eye rolling smiley

I don't like the profiteering at all but that's actually not crazy for a solo poster from a bulletproof source signed by Keith, It's more desirable than most Stones items just signed by Keith and the Stones promo photos signed by just Keith in Bill's auction fetched between $3,500 and $4,000 each.

Date: November 24, 2020 09:48

Still, if I were to buy an autographed poster alongside the deluxe boxset off eBay, I'd like the sellers to post a photo of the actual item they are selling on their listing.

Here, both sellers have just been kind of sloppy and posted the photos straight from the KR webstore. I'm not saying they aren't selling the legit signed boxsets, but it shouldn't be that hard to take photos of the item you're trying to sell.

[www.ebay.com]

(OK, this other seller says they don't actually have the item yet: "will ship as soon as it arrives to me": [www.ebay.com])

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-24 09:50 by Topi.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: November 24, 2020 10:55

floodonthepage
Valeswood
floodonthepage

[www.youtube.com]

That is pretty bad and it sounds to me like it has been deliberately edited that way. Given that the release can only be aimed at fans who probably own the original album anyway this is pretty appalling. Where is the quality control

...for me I don’t buy the Cd as there are not the 3 new songs ...not the same level compared to ”Talk is cheap” reissue...,not fair Keith.!!

Yeah me too. I was going to buy this new version as I thought it would look nice next to the new Talk is Cheap (both new editions having that book-style packaging) but nope, not now. Alas.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: November 24, 2020 13:03

I believe 2nd batch from Nov 12 sale hasn't been shipped out yet... It is likely that Keith signed 100 first, but then agreed to do 100 more and they are waiting for him to sign it... Hope it will be dispatched soon and make it over to me before Christmas!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 24, 2020 20:02

wickerman
I believe 2nd batch from Nov 12 sale hasn't been shipped out yet... It is likely that Keith signed 100 first, but then agreed to do 100 more and they are waiting for him to sign it... Hope it will be dispatched soon and make it over to me before Christmas!

That was my initial hunch also, and since the second batch also sold well, there's a possibility there could eventually be another 100, followed by another 100...
For those who wanted it, but missed the original sales, keep your eyes peeled and don't give up hope!

FYI - looking at the original "Signed Super Deluxe Box Set" in his web store (Keith), it still says "SIGNED SUPER DELUXE BOX SET - LIMITED TO 100" .... maybe should be changed to 200...

Date: November 25, 2020 02:10

That issuing more but not changing the advert is pretty shady if you ask me. Unless there is some difference with the second edition that sets it apart and makes it not one of the "original" edition.

In other news, got notified that my color vinyl edition shipped today after being initially delayed. Good times.

jb

Date: November 25, 2020 06:40

I still think the "limited to 100" description staying on the website is just an oversight. They simply forgot to change that. The signed item is the same. Why else would they tweet a photo of Keith signing those yellow posters and say they released more?

Nothing shady about it. More like sloppy smiling smiley

And I don't think there will be any more sets of 100 signed posters, sadly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-25 06:53 by Topi.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 25, 2020 19:16

Returned the box set for warped records, got a replacement with not as warped records. After reading on Jos Lemmers Facebook site about the DVD not playing I checked mine. It doesn't play, tried it on 3 players. Returned the box to Amazon Germany for a refund. Too bad, the box itself it quite beautiful.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 25, 2020 20:46

frankotero
Returned the box set for warped records, got a replacement with not as warped records. After reading on Jos Lemmers Facebook site about the DVD not playing I checked mine. It doesn't play, tried it on 3 players. Returned the box to Amazon Germany for a refund. Too bad, the box itself it quite beautiful.

That is just completely unacceptable. What an incredibly bad production job. Hoping when Keith hears about this mess in 2 or 3 years he’ll cut ties with these amatuers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-25 21:53 by Munichhilton.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 25, 2020 21:01

How long before someone
finds a way to blame Mick for these stuff-ups ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 25, 2020 22:21

The situation with this DVD is mysterious to me.
Jos posted matrix numbers and other identifiers as:
Matrix 538588065 17 A00
SID Mastering code IFPI L557
SID Mould code IFPI 942W
This is a product of Sony DADC plant in Austria
His DVD is faulty.

However, there were reports that some DVDs play OK. And they are made from the same glass master/stampler (same matrix number and Masreting code).

Thus, something went wrong on the final stage during deposition of the reflective layer. And it looks that this effect was random.

Still I do not understand how major fault like this pass through quality control.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-25 23:20 by ironbelly.

Date: November 25, 2020 22:29

I haven't even tried out my DVD yet.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 25, 2020 23:15

What a mess.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: November 25, 2020 23:23

Just wait for the Basement gang Rockman

Date: November 25, 2020 23:32

Am I delusional to think, if some DVDs are OK that maybe some CDs are OK? I suppose I am delusional. But I was really looking forward to buying this new CD edition, just as another small ray of happiness in dark times. But maybe I'm setting myself up for frustration. cool smiley

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: November 25, 2020 23:54

my dvd got black when i inserted it. Had to press MENU to get into it.... smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home