Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 15
Re: Keith Richards - Live at the Hollywood Palladium
Posted by: atsu69 ()
Date: November 18, 2020 13:14

Honestman
Got my package today.

Evrything's ok with it, no warped vinyls my side which is the good news, but I could confirm that there is a bug on the CD for Whip It Up, Am I the only one to notice it, I'm amazed no one has mentionned it.
Will they do a replacemnt CD for it like they did for Think I'm Going Mad years ago is another thing...

Sure, I posted about the defects in page 6 of this thread.

DVD - It can't be played, or it worked at first, but then stopped playing halfway through.
CD - The opening riffs for "Whip It Up" are missing for 5 seconds. (only Vinyl is OK)

I hope these problems will be solved.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 18, 2020 13:19

atsu69
Honestman
Got my package today.

Evrything's ok with it, no warped vinyls my side which is the good news, but I could confirm that there is a bug on the CD for Whip It Up, Am I the only one to notice it, I'm amazed no one has mentionned it.
Will they do a replacemnt CD for it like they did for Think I'm Going Mad years ago is another thing...

DVD - It can't be played, or it worked at first, but then stopped playing halfway through.
CD - The opening riffs for "Whip It Up" are missing for 5 seconds. (only Vinyl is OK)

These technical f*ck-ups are unacceptable for a £200 boxset.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 18, 2020 13:35

Sounds like a horror story of warped LP's and DVD's not working correctly . I just want a CD/DVD set of the show , is this available ?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 18, 2020 13:36

No, a CD/DVD stand-alone combo is not available.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 18, 2020 13:44

atsu69
Honestman
Got my package today.

My mistake sure you did ! winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 18, 2020 14:21

Topi
The Worst.
I ordered the signed super deluxe boxset, but just got the deluxe box set without a signature. How annoying. Not just that, it was damaged as well.

The signed poster will ship separately. I got two different shipping notifications with tracking numbers. Received the box set today but the poster is still stuck in San Bernardino, CA, despite the webstore sending me a shipping notification a week ago.

Check your e-mail for the shipping notifications, because you should have received two e-mails from the Keith Richards Webstore with a title: "Your order is on the way!"

Thanks for your advice.

Date: November 18, 2020 14:32

Honestman
atsu69
Honestman
Got my package today.

My mistake sure you did ! winking smiley

No mistake thumbs up
I also hope replacemnt CD and DVD, too!!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 18, 2020 14:36

atsu69
Honestman
Got my package today.

Is DVD dual layer or single layer? If dual layer (8.5 Gb) - the problem could be caused both by DVD (production with maximal technological tolerance) and player (transport/focusing system). From Wiki
______
A Dual Layer disc differs from its usual DVD counterpart by employing a second physical layer within the disc itself. The drive with Dual Layer capability accesses the second layer by shining the laser through the first semi-transparent layer. The layer change can exhibit a noticeable pause in some DVD players, up to several seconds. This caused more than a few viewers to worry that their dual layer discs were damaged or defective, with the end result that studios began listing a standard message explaining the dual layer pausing effect on all dual layer disc packaging.

Regarding CD. It could be an edit or another take but not a glitch.

Date: November 18, 2020 14:38

ironbelly
atsu69
Honestman
Got my package today.

Is DVD dual layer or single layer? If dual layer (8.5 Gb) - the problem could be caused both by DVD (production with maximal technological tolerance) and player (transport/focusing system). From Wiki
______
A Dual Layer disc differs from its usual DVD counterpart by employing a second physical layer within the disc itself. The drive with Dual Layer capability accesses the second layer by shining the laser through the first semi-transparent layer. The layer change can exhibit a noticeable pause in some DVD players, up to several seconds. This caused more than a few viewers to worry that their dual layer discs were damaged or defective, with the end result that studios began listing a standard message explaining the dual layer pausing effect on all dual layer disc packaging.

Just single layer, only 4.3GB.

Date: November 18, 2020 14:45

atsu69
ironbelly
atsu69
Honestman
Got my package today.

______

Well, in that case it is (most probably) a defect. But you can not completely rule out the fact the transport follows the disc correctly. DVD players can choke also in between two files. Sorry, can not help you more because I did not order the box and can not check (using different drives) the product in person.

Date: November 18, 2020 14:52

ironbelly
atsu69
ironbelly
atsu69
Honestman
Got my package today.

______

Well, in that case it is (most probably) a defect. But you can not completely rule out the fact the transport follows the disc correctly. DVD players can choke also in between two files. Sorry, can not help you more because I did not order the box and can not check (using different drives) the product in person.

Thank you for your reply.
Many friends in Japan are facing this error now... (Import Box edition, as there are no Japanese edition)

Date: November 18, 2020 18:42

atsu69
I also hope replacemnt CD and DVD, too!!...

I doubt it confused smiley

HMN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: November 18, 2020 18:55

>As I mentioned, mine played OK, so that's fine.

Well that is highly dependent on your turntable/cartridge setup. Heavier weight on the tone arm might make it track ok but thats still not good. Also it could be screwing up but only on very close listening might you hear it, like with headphones (hate those things myself). The problem can come from the stylus leaving the groove for a micro second after clearing the warp.

Other thing: records from the 70s were notoriously warpy and wavy, due to the use of really crap vinyl there for a while. I remember being really bugged by the state of american vinyl pressings back then but then I started listening to Jamaican vinyl and all of a sudden the USA stuff didn't seem so bad anymore.

That CD issue sounds like a mastering error and not a playback error, especially if the missing seconds are indeed audible on the vinyl version.

Kind of sad state of affairs if you ask me, glad I went for the modest 2 color vinyl set, we will see how it works out when it arrives.

Thanks all for the info

jb

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: November 18, 2020 19:17

Haven't bought myself the Box or the vinyl edition (yet) But I own a lot of records and a lot are from before 1990. 99,5 % aren't warped believe me. And when it comes in an expensive box the recordpressing quality has to be good enough. Where is the quality control? Come on.

Date: November 18, 2020 19:22

barbabang
Haven't bought myself the Box or the vinyl edition (yet) But I own a lot of records and a lot are from before 1990. 99,5 % aren't warped believe me. And when it comes in an expensive box the recordpressing quality has to be good enough. Where is the quality control? Come on.

+ 1 thumbs up

HMN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 18, 2020 19:42

TheGreek
Sounds like a horror story of warped LP's and DVD's not working correctly . I just want a CD/DVD set of the show , is this available ?

Yeah, and it seems to be a widespread nightmare, not just one (or two) defects as is usually the case w/these sets.
Wish there was a CD/DVD set available on their own as I don't think I'd even risk purchasing this deluxe and/or vinyl at a major discounted price.
Hopefully everyone will get either a refund or a replacement...maybe Keith will throw in a signed poster for everyone who goes through the hassle.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: November 18, 2020 22:13

>But I own a lot of records and a lot are from before 1990. 99,5 % aren't warped believe me.

From the looks of it, you are not in the USA (the comma decimal point gives it away). In that case you are right, most were nice pressings, where you were. That was NOT the state of things in the USA believe me. Have half a century or more worth of records bought when released to back me up. USA vinyl was crap during the seventies and never really recovered unless or until you were buying audiophile pressings and 180 g vinyl didn't really exist then. Prior to the seventies most USA vinyl was much better even if not perfect and probably weighed 180g or more.

jb

Date: November 18, 2020 22:18

The sane issue with Whip It Up is present for HD files from qobuz and stream on deezer. So this is a bug in digital domain. Either they made new mix or something was wrong initially with digital file.

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: November 18, 2020 23:27

I got my poster today

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 18, 2020 23:34

Yeah which IORR member is it .... ????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: November 18, 2020 23:35

poster came today, still waiting on the boxset

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 19, 2020 00:43

Very nice jason8903. thumbs up

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 19, 2020 09:23

Noticed that also on Spotify, the start of the intro to "Whip It Up" is missing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-19 09:57 by Topi.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 19, 2020 10:31

..... AAAwwwww geeeez thats not fair
The start of Whip is me favourite bit of the 'ollywood show ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: November 19, 2020 10:34

Glad I got to cancel my order. Will keep my older CD...

Date: November 21, 2020 12:44

I drop a message to the official store 2 days ago, let's see their answer, stay tuned ...

HMN

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: November 21, 2020 16:25

Most dissappointing release of the year anyway! Why couldn't they put out a 2 CD set and a DVD with the complete show? Who needs that stupid vinyl record with 3 tracks while 2 more tracks are still missing.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 21, 2020 16:48

Assembled by accountants and designed by auditors. This release had so much incredible potential but in the end was released not for the fans, but for the quick repackaged cash grab. Seek ye the bootleg. It’s been available in its entirety for decades and is exactly what they should’ve released on this occasion...

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 21, 2020 17:17

they should have combined the Talk Is Cheap and the Hollywood Palladium and release them both in one deluxe set, put all the gimmicks aside and cut the price by at least 50%, i.e. 100 Euros for everything. (keep in mind: the whole Atlantic City stuff is just 50 Euro for six discs)

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 22, 2020 13:41

Pffff....the signed version is now on Ebay for 1518,47 and 1291,23 dollars. Think I will pass up those...eye rolling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home