Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 15
Re: Keith Richards Hollywood Palladium
Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 2, 2020 01:56

rbk
I hope they reissue the the tour t-shirt with that incredible logo on it, just like the album's cover. I bought one in Detroit in '88 but over the years it kept...shrinking...

I have one, it’s in excellent condition

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 2, 2020 03:48

floodonthepage
Well, I'm a sucker I guess. I'll buy the single disc. Sure I have it, but the book-style packaging (ala the Talk is Cheap reissue) looks good and I haven't been spending nearly as much money this year, with no concerts to attend.

Although, it's a just a remaster? Not a new mix? Hmmmm....maybe I won't. It really doesn't make much sense I suppose.

Ah, to hell with it. I'll buy it. Gold Rings on Ya, Keith!

Waddy is more in the mix on T&A than my bootleg..thumbs up

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 2, 2020 03:48

Maindefender
Little T&A is available via iTunes, I'm sure the other two will be also

The pre-order listing on Qobuz.com indicates that the three bonus tracks are part of the hi-res download of the album.

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: October 2, 2020 04:44

I was 6th row, 18yrs old. Was at the Universal Amphitheater the night or two before. This was one of my top 5 shows of all time and BEFORE I ever got to see the Stones live (been to 35 shows since)

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 2, 2020 10:19

JumpinJeppeFlash
It’s only a signed poster.

Yes, and likely to be shipped separately too. But I don't mind, for me it was a Holy Grail of sorts.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 2, 2020 12:39

longlongwinter
I was 6th row, 18yrs old. Was at the Universal Amphitheater the night or two before. This was one of my top 5 shows of all time and BEFORE I ever got to see the Stones live (been to 35 shows since)

I was 18 and I think at the same show as you. I went with a guy from my hall in the dorm. Can't remember his name. I wasn't in the sixth row, though, so I guess you're not him.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 2, 2020 12:55

What the hell is a "mediabook"??

[store.keithrichards.com]

C

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 2, 2020 13:01

liddas

C

I may be wrong, but I think it's just a book in the media packaging.

Date: October 2, 2020 13:24

liddas

C

I think it peaks to the digital downloads of the three bonus songs.

Date: October 2, 2020 13:48

Ok then!

I will wait for the actual release and see how it works!!

C

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: October 2, 2020 15:44

LOL - I was with 5-6 friends...one of them passed out before it was over but I remember the whole thing well. I remember I couldn't believe how small the venue was.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 3, 2020 02:47

Cristiano Radtke
Little T&A - Live

Oh man that Rocked as only Keith can Rock, thanks Cristiano

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 3, 2020 11:25

"She's my little R'n'R
...my T&A with soul...baby"

smileys with beer
[youtu.be]

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 3, 2020 18:42

>I was with 5-6 friends...one of them passed out before it was over

I always love that shite, seen it many times. Up all night the night before, partying in the parking lot, partying in line waiting to get in, partying all day before the show once they get in and then lying passed out like a wilted flower on the ground by the time the show actually starts and maintaining that position through the night as the event unfolds.

And then the next day somehow they tell you all about how they dug the show so much when they weren't even there so to speak. What a waste of time and resources.

jb

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 3, 2020 18:59

Little T&A: The song is a mess. Ill performed. Poorly executed. The drums are too loud and annoying. The bass is all over the place. It almost makes you sick listening to it.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: October 3, 2020 19:31

Saw Keith and The Winos at Constitution Hall in DC (Soul Asylum opened)- they had just replaced the bass player and coincidentally, the bass was so high up in the PA mix, it was rumbling and vibrating and drowning out almost everything (at least where I was sitting). The guys behind me were arguing at length over who was going to go over to the mixing desk and tell the guy to turn down the bass. Very distracting. Anyone else at that show?

Date: October 3, 2020 21:59

Stoneage
Little T&A: The song is a mess. Ill performed. Poorly executed. The drums are too loud and annoying. The bass is all over the place. It almost makes you sick listening to it.

Check your stereo system levels!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: October 3, 2020 22:17

Stoneage

Yeah I agree. I love the other songs on this album but this is a really average version- especially when you think that the great live version from Let's Speend the Night Together was only 7 years before this. This version sounds like on blog the 2006 versions with Chuck (minus Chuck)

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 3, 2020 22:44

yeah I thought it was pretty weak myself, just didn't want to ruffle any feathers.

I didn't really hear anything crucial on the old release to be honest, but it was a decent listen. Don't particularly like Steve Jordan's drumming style, nor Waddy Wactell's guitar either. But it is what it is and apparently Keef likes playing with them.

Ziggy Modeleste on drums would be preferred. And Stanley Clarke on bass.

jb

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 4, 2020 14:57

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Check your stereo system levels!

And his ears winking smiley

Date: October 4, 2020 15:20

jbwelda
yeah I thought it was pretty weak myself, just didn't want to ruffle any feathers.

I didn't really hear anything crucial on the old release to be honest, but it was a decent listen. Don't particularly like Steve Jordan's drumming style, nor Waddy Wactell's guitar either. But it is what it is and apparently Keef likes playing with them.

jb

Zigaboo and Clarke are both fantastic, but with the Barbarians they were just about the most untight rhythm section I've ever heard smiling smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 4, 2020 16:04

That's very right, DP.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: October 4, 2020 23:38

Steve Jordan is a wonderful drummer, but back them he, and a lot of others, used to tune their snares way to high, for that annoying ear splitting 'crack'. Thats unfortunately whats going on there. IMHO that is.spinning smiley sticking its tongue outDescending soap box now...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 4, 2020 23:56

You're right, Dr Watts. You didn't get your PhD for nothing. I don't mind distinctive drums. But when one instrument is to dominant it's not good for the overall sound. Simply as that.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 6, 2020 12:09

DandelionPowderman
jbwelda

jb

Zigaboo and Clarke are both fantastic, but with the Barbarians they were just about the most untight rhythm section I've ever heard smiling smiley

I have never understood that -all this praise for Zigaboo and Clarke in the musicians world, and also by Keith and Wood, but with the New Barbarians I always thought they were awful.

Mathijs

Date: October 6, 2020 12:48

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
jbwelda

jb

I have never understood that -all this praise for Zigaboo and Clarke in the musicians world, and also by Keith and Wood, but with the New Barbarians I always thought they were awful.

Mathijs

They were stoned out of their minds? Who knows smiling smiley

Date: October 6, 2020 12:56

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
jbwelda

jb

Mathijs

Clarke I can agree, to a certain extent, but Zigaboo!!! The Meters!!! Mr. Groove in person! One of my fav drummers ever!

You're right with the Barbarians ... And I have tried and tried to like them

Should have kept Weeks / Newmark!

C

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: October 6, 2020 17:17

Quick note for anyone lucky enough to get the signed version. I’ve bought a couple of these types of things in the past, where they send the signed item separately. As an industry they are batting 0 as far as their ability to get it to me without damage, sometimes severe. That would be heartbreaking in this case. I sent a nice note to the store expressing my hope that they send the signed poster in a secure, well packed way. If a few more send something similar maybe we’ll achieve something together.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 6, 2020 17:40

rbk
I bought one in Detroit in '88 but over the years it kept...shrinking...

Like Keith! >grinning smiley<

Date: October 7, 2020 21:16

Just ordered the cool looking X-pensive winos maroon tee shirt of Keith's site. Some sold out sizes, I would imagine a few IORR's have also ordered...>grinning smiley<

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home