Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Urban Jungle 7th of July 1990 legendary?
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 22, 2020 22:01

Testify
Irix
rollmops

Brian naming himself "Leader" must have annoyed Mick & Keith.

Read again the Stones-history. Brian was the one who wanted to form a Band. M. Jagger, Dick Taylor and K. Richards joined in .... [en.Wikipedia.org] .

And they were billed as "Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones" - [iorr.org] . Therefore "our singer" , "Vocals" in Brian's letter.
I have read many biographies of the Stones, but I don't remember Brian being the founder, but it was Brian who chose the name (the rolling stones). The reviews tell of Mick and Keith decided to form a band, one night they found themselves in a well-known club and listened to Brian playing, they were fascinated by Brian's way of playing the slide guitar and asked him if he wanted to join them. This is the story that many books tell ...

Total rubbish. Brian placed an add in which he announced that he was starting a band. Ian Stewart was the first to respond. Brian invited Mick and Keith, not the other way around. There were others like Geoff Bradford and Brian Knight who also responded. A couple of sessions took place in the Bricklayers Arms pub (room above) and Mick Avory (later Kinks) came along too. Some disputes later it was Brian, Mick, Keith, Ian Stewart and Dick Taylor who continued. Tony Chapman surfaced later. The kind of stories you read were probably written by people who wanted to score nicely with the Glimmer Twins ... hot smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1208
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home