Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Suggestive catalog prefixes and names
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 20, 2020 06:33

Everyone knows they used these funny little catalog number prefixes for all their releases, "COC" and "CUN" and other variations, that one has to figure are for a reason, that reason being to be suggestive of sexual organs.

But just recently I noticed something about the "Four Flicks" set...when you write it in all capital letters:

FOUR FLICKS

the "L" and "I" kind of combine to create a "U" which as Country Joe once reminded us, spells, well, you know what (not "FISH").

So, is this common knowledge and I am late to the game (most likely) or have I cracked a secret code known only to those of high standing (the most high)?

Any other good examples of this sort of wordplay, besides the obvious star star business?

jb

Re: Suggestive catalog prefixes and names
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 20, 2020 12:55

jbwelda

Any other good examples of this sort of wordplay, besides the obvious star star business?

Maybe there're any Anagrams which lead to strange conspiracy theories .... grinning smiley .... and the name FOUR F*CKS comes probably from the incomplete setlists .... winking smiley

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: September 20, 2020 15:40

Publishers banned the use of the word "flick" in the early days of comic books for that very reason, since they were hand-lettered in caps and printed so cheaply that the inks often ran together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-20 15:41 by loog droog.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 20, 2020 19:10

Didnt know that, droog. I do remember the problems with sending mail out from Intercourse Pennsylvania, I forgot who was doing that.

jb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home