Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: A small overview of Daniel Lanois as a music producer
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 19, 2020 18:05

Quick read. Made me wonder what he could do with the Stones. That'd be an interesting album. If you don't have them, the first Robbie Robertson album, Emmylou's Wrecking Ball and The Neville Brothers Yellow Moon are all excellent. Teatro by Willie Nelson is also very good, along with, needless to say, Dylan's stuff.

[borntolisten.com]

Re: OT: A small overview of Daniel Lanois as a music producer
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 19, 2020 18:15

I love his album with Neil Young.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 19, 2020 19:15

He does have a case of Eno poisoning though from the U2 sessions.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 19, 2020 19:29

Wrecking Ball is a wonderful album. I was lucky enough to see Emmylou when she toured in 2014 to promote the re-release. And a few years ago when she and some other musicians did the Concert for Lampedusa tour, Daniel popped down the road from Hamilton and joined them. Great stuff.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 19, 2020 19:47

"Time Out of Mind is hailed as one of Dylan’s best albums, and it went on to win three Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year in 1998".

If this was the only album he ever worked on, he'd be hailed as a genius in my book.
But then there's his work on Neil's fantastic Le Noise album (Walk With Me is a highlight and top notch beauty) as well as most of his other work.
How would he work with the Stones? He might have been able to twist and turn some of their cruddy latter era tunes in to something listenable,
and maybe add an extra special touch to the blues covers album making it a bit more unique and of a higher quality vs. being just average.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-19 19:49 by Hairball.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home