Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Why ‘Swan Song’ guest-starring Johnny Cash is the greatest of all Columbo episodes (Stones content)
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 17, 2020 18:50

Swayed1967
DandelionPowderman
Love me some Columbo, but what exactly was the Stones content here again?

How about the making of Exile on Main Street? Is that enough Stones content for you?

You've seen the pics of Gram and Gretchen at Nellcote. Gram was more important to Keith than his drug dealers and Mick learned a few licks from him as well. Larry Burrell, Gram's father-in-law, is in that Columbo episode as I think I've mentioned a hundred freakin' times. Without his seed, Exile would probably be a very different record. Maybe I should've said Stones connection rather than content but hell Gram and Gretchen were family.

No offense, as you seem to take this 6 degree connection seriously, but this is such a stretch for a Stones connection that I worry you might have pulled something cool smiley
A stronger argument could likely be made for Cash himself.

But if you're a Larry Burrell fan like yourself or Columbo or Cash fan.. thread's a fun bit of nostalgia.
Larry appeared in two Columbo episodes that season as well as a Batman episode, (even cooler imo) The Candidate & Swan Song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-17 18:51 by MisterDDDD.

Re: OT: Why ‘Swan Song’ guest-starring Johnny Cash is the greatest of all Columbo episodes (Stones content)
Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: September 17, 2020 19:22

DandelionPowderman
SKILLS
Met him...twice.

But as Cop shows from the era go i'm a Kojak guy, then Hill Street Blues which is still so damn good

Don't forget The Rockford Files! But I'm with you on Kojak smiling smiley

I was always partial to Mannix myself. S.W.A.T. too.

Greetings from NJ, USA.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 17, 2020 19:44

Couldn't help but notice the Columbo shirt in this rather interesting interview:

[www.spin.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 17, 2020 20:18

ChrisL
I was always under the impression that this was the greatest Columbo episode simply because Johnny Cash was in it!

If you like stiff acting Johnny's your man! winking smiley

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: September 17, 2020 20:21

dcba
ChrisL
I was always under the impression that this was the greatest Columbo episode simply because Johnny Cash was in it!

Ha, Johnny’s always my man! In fact I just finished listening to Gone Girl because of this thread.

So thank you all!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 17, 2020 22:19

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-17 22:20 by ryanpow.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 17, 2020 22:25

ChrisL
dcba
ChrisL

Ha, Johnny’s always my man! In fact I just finished listening to Gone Girl because of this thread.

So thank you all!

Gone Girl isn't too bad an album, although JC on Cajun Born is a tad incongruous. However, I Will Rock'n'Roll With You, The Gambler, The Diplomat, are tasty Cash tracks.

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: September 17, 2020 22:38

I don't rate this episode as the best one but still excellent.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2010
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home