Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 22 of 23
Re: OT: NFL 2020
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 11, 2021 20:50

ironbelly
GasLightStreet
All I can say tonight is...
Yes! But the first half was flimsy.

It was horrible. Typical Saints. But once they got going... they do that a lot. It's very frustrating.

Date: January 11, 2021 20:55

Pittsburgh is a weird team. Roethlisberger can zing that ball... but he's a post, basically, and the team generally stinks. Their season was misleading. It's not a surprise to me that they lost to Cleveland. Chubb was a machine.

The Steelers are done.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 11, 2021 21:55

The Saints are going to be a wild ride ---sorta like getting a ride with a Drunk Uber Driver

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 12, 2021 00:25

crholmstrom
DaveG
crholmstrom
I think Russell Wilson has gotten more than a bit too full of himself being God's gift to mankind & all. Pure fantasy but I think I would trade him to Houston for Deshaun Watson in a heartbeat. I'm crushed. Life has sucked recently (outside of COVID even) & the Hawks were about the lone bright spot. All I wanted for my 60th bday at the end of the month was another Super Bowl appearance. Not to be. I suppose I want a GB/BUF Super Bowl with the Bills finally winning one. Can't root for KC since they still have Tyreek Hill on the team. GB/KC would probably be a good game though. Another horrible day yesterday, latest in a long (& getting longer) line.

Although I’ve been a life-long LA Rams fan (not St. Louis Rams), I’ve lived in the Seattle area for over 30 years and have really come to be a fan of the Seahawks. When they play the Rams, I have to pull for the Rams. I love what Pete Carrol and Russel have brought to this team and this city. But after the game yesterday I got the feeling that their best days are in the rear view mirror. Neither Peter nor Russell are getting any younger so maybe it IS time to plan for the near future with a younger QB. I know he is only 32 and he may very well be a Drew Brees or Tom Brady, playing into his 40’s and still effective. But I think this chapter of the Seahawks may be over soon. I hope I’m wrong.

By the way, have a happy birthday!

Thanks. I think I'd also trade (more fantasy induced by medicinal shrubbery) Wilson to the Jets for the number 2 pick in the draft. Historically the Jets are dumb enough to go for that, haha.

Last week I was thinking that the Rams ought to do what they can to acquire Sam Darnold from the Jets, maybe trade Jared Goff.

Date: January 12, 2021 03:51

Chris Fountain
The Saints are going to be a wild ride ---sorta like getting a ride with a Drunk Uber Driver

LOL yeah. I've never seen a team so maddening as the Saints.

Date: January 12, 2021 06:37

Division Round predictions:

Rams at Packers
Ravens at Bills
Browns At Chiefs
Buccaneers at Saints

The Rams did something - or Seattle was really really bad.

Ravens will surprise the Bills.

The Browns are on fire and the Chiefs don't seem to be 100%.

Bucs will smack the Saints secondary for several TDs because of Tom Brady's ability to still pass bombs with laser precision. Brees will throw 15 passes to the side on screen passes that get busted up for 5-8 yard losses EVERY TIME.

Who am I rooting for?
Rams, Bills, Browns, Saints - of course.

Date: January 17, 2021 02:21

Obviously Seattle was really really bad.

The Packers are putting the Rams to bed.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 17, 2021 03:00

GasLightStreet

Yep...the Rams snoozed....but shows how strong Aaron Rogers still is at 37 yrs. old, and also shows how bad Seattle has become to lose to the Rams last week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-17 03:02 by Hairball.

Date: January 17, 2021 06:12

If the Ravens/Bills score continues to hold up I'll have predicted two games wrong! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 17, 2021 06:47

Again the Bills win! I’ve been telling you guys all season long about how good this team is. I don’t know if they can best KC if KC beats Cleveland

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 17, 2021 06:53

GasLightStreet
If the Ravens/Bills score continues to hold up I'll have predicted two games wrong! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

At least you're consistent! You might go 0 for 4 this weekend!

Congrats to the Bills, I'm sure the large fan base in Ontario is happy.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 17, 2021 07:42

Congrats again to the Bills on advancing to the AFC championship. The Buffalo defense came through tonight. I was floored by Taron Johnson's pick 6 (a 101-yard interception) of Lamar Jackson's pass! I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Bills can make it to the Super Bowl, but I know it is going to be an uphill battle whether they play the Browns or the Chiefs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-17 15:40 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 17, 2021 13:07

Two great games today!!!!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 17, 2021 13:46

GasLightStreet

Aaron Donald only played half the defensive snaps. Big factor.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 17, 2021 13:49

Off the wall prediction for new Seattle OC: Chris Peterson, former UW & Boise State coach. With the aim of making him heir apparent to replace Pete Carroll when he retires. I have a feeling this has been in the works for awhile.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 17, 2021 17:23

GasLightStreet
You can't predict wrong with them Saints winking smiley

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: January 17, 2021 18:42

How about those bills, no defense, lol

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: January 17, 2021 18:47

Sighunt
Congrats again to the Bills on advancing to the AFC championship. The Buffalo defense came through tonight. I was floored by Taron Johnson's pick 6 (a 101-yard interception) of Lamar Jackson's pass! I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Bills can make it to the Super Bowl, but I know it is going to be an uphill battle whether they play the Browns or the Chiefs.
uphill battle why. Lol

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 17, 2021 20:23

GOOOO BROWNS!!!!

Knowing that either the Browns or the Bills will go to the SuperBowl is what America needs right now.

Date: January 18, 2021 01:30

Wow. The Browns really gave KC a hell of a game.

Now it's down to Brady vs Brees as it's been spun all week.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 18, 2021 01:58

stickyfingers101
GOOOO BROWNS!!!!

Knowing that either the Browns or the Bills will go to the SuperBowl is what America needs right now.

Lol I love this statement....

Date: January 18, 2021 05:17

The glance at the field as Brees went into the tunnel says it all.

Frustrating game. Bucs did their homework, Saints, nahhh.

Something tells me the Packers don't care either way.

Date: January 18, 2021 07:59

Not a great way for Brees to end his career. Maybe he'll come back for one last year?
Wonder if Mahomes will be okay to play next weekend? Looked like a pretty major hit. If he can't play, then Buffalo will surely be the favourites next weekend.

Date: January 18, 2021 10:01

DGA35
Not a great way for Brees to end his career. Maybe he'll come back for one last year?
Wonder if Mahomes will be okay to play next weekend? Looked like a pretty major hit. If he can't play, then Buffalo will surely be the favourites next weekend.

I dunno. All the talk is that Brees is done. It sure seems like he's plenty good to keep going.

Haven't heard a word from Brees about it. He has one more year on his contract.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 18, 2021 10:36

DGA35
I've heard exactly the same words the last year, and a year before.

Date: January 18, 2021 20:10

ironbelly
DGA35
I've heard exactly the same words the last year, and a year before.

Pretty sure he's gonna retire. I'm a Brees fan. He's still good. If he doesn't retire, great, but whatever. Brady is a year plus older and still playing great. Brees... not so much. Not sure why. He was able to throw farther pre-season than he has in years yet he only threw about 3 passes for 40 yards, something like that. Given the flea-flicker with Winston it looks like he's admitted he can't throw very far. Of course, it was also the element of surprise. Too bad they couldn't come up with anything else. They would've gotten destroyed by Green Bay though so it doesn't matter.

The Saints are good, sometimes they're great, but they've not been able to be good enough to win the playoff games they need to win outright, when a penalty, missed or called, is not an issue in the outcome. It's what happens, it's "a game of inches", but some teams get two or three TDs up and keep it that way.

Not the Saints. The non-call was not why they lost against the Rams, it was not getting it done to win. Bad playing/decisions is why they lost against the Vikings. Poor personnel choices on defense.

And now against the Buccaneers, turnovers, well, certainly the last one, contributed to the loss but the Saints did it to themselves. Tampa studied them and knew how to handle Brees etc. Maybe this coming season they're even better, they get rid of some players that just can't get it done.

I know this much - if they go with Taysom Hill as the QB they'll be lucky to finish 8-8. If they're smart they'll go with Winston. If they're really smart they'll get Deshaun Watson or Matthew Stafford. Either of those will most likely not happen.

Date: January 18, 2021 22:59

One thing I'm getting tired of seeing is when, as an example, the defense makes an interception, they all have to run into the end zone to pose infront of the big screen monitor. Every game this happens.

Date: January 18, 2021 23:21

DGA35
One thing I'm getting tired of seeing is when, as an example, the defense makes an interception, they all have to run into the end zone to pose infront of the big screen monitor. Every game this happens.

Well, that seems to have been done because of COVID. It is stupid. The amount of posing has had a Krakatoan eruption type... amount? It's really bizarre how they act like bad asses... just a bunch of kids.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 19, 2021 15:40

Well...even with the refs screwing the Browns out of a TD on the most ridiculous missed helmet-to-helmet call ever, we still had our chances.

two good chances in the 4th Q for the Browns...unfortunate they couldn't pull it off....

Hence, I want Bills-Packers

but, it's gonna be Brady vs. Mahomes III...that's the matchup the NFL wants.

it'll be rigged to make it happen.

ugh....anybody but Brady.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 19, 2021 16:06

Th Saints basically wasted the 2 long returns.

Battle of the Bays should be interesting (Brady vs. Rodgers).

Will Mahomes play?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 22 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1142
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home