Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 21 of 23
Re: OT: NFL 2020
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 6, 2021 13:06

Steelers over Browns & TB over WTF seem likely.

Something fishy about the Hawks - Rams game - This third meeting, which I don't like may expose my reasons.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 6, 2021 16:39

ironbelly
GasLightStreet
2021 Wild Card playoff predictions:

Bills beat Colts
Seahawks beat Rams
Buccaneers beat WTF
Ravens beat Titans
Saints beat Bears
Browns beat Steelers
I am not that sure about Saints. They always can make a surprise in important home game.
PS. I do care about other teams but Saints. Unfortunately, I know how they can play.

Saints have depth in places that have been surprises this season, which they showed in the last game especially. I think they'll do well. They win and get Kamara back... and continue to play well... who knows. Nothing is automatic - even with the Saints.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 6, 2021 18:18

My call is Green Bay vs Buffalo in Florida for the Global Warming Bowl

Date: January 8, 2021 22:28

Upcoming NFL Football TV Schedule (all National, of course) & College Football Bowl
Schedule.

[506sports.com]

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: January 9, 2021 17:11

Sorry kids, Browns go 2-0 in 7 days against Steelers. And I'm taking that 5.5 points all day long. Dawg Pound rising!!!

Date: January 9, 2021 21:44

Colts within 4 at halftime- good game

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 9, 2021 23:30

Bills are really really good! You cant deny that

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 9, 2021 23:35

That was a good game. Indy made Buffalo work for it. Hope the rest of the games are like that.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 10, 2021 00:27

Oh my God- what a nail biter of a game. I was sweating it out in the last minute, but the Bills managed to pull it out.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 10, 2021 03:23

DGA35
GasLightStreet
2021 Wild Card playoff predictions:

Bills beat Colts
Seahawks beat Rams
Buccaneers beat WTF
Ravens beat Titans
Saints beat Bears
Browns beat Steelers

I think the Steelers will beat the Browns, almost beat them yesterday without Ben. Gotta figure that in 6 games there's gotta be one or maybe even two upsets!

Well, only 2 games played and already what I would consider one upset with the Rams beating Seattle. Might have been a different outcome if it was a full house!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 10, 2021 03:59

Seattle was surprisingly weak.

GO RAMS. thumbs up

Date: January 10, 2021 05:35

Saw a good amount of the Indy/Buffalo game. Surprised at how good Indy played.

The Rams! That was a surprise!

Date: January 10, 2021 06:56

So far:

Colts - Bills
Rams - Seahawks
Buccaneers - WTF

Date: January 10, 2021 07:52

Chris Fountain
Steelers over Browns & TB over WTF seem likely.

Something fishy about the Hawks - Rams game - This third meeting, which I don't like may expose my reasons.

Unfortunately, my suspicions proved correct about the Rams - Hawks-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-10 08:29 by Chris Fountain.

Date: January 10, 2021 09:00

Love it that the Seahawks lost. Talk about an overrated team.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 10, 2021 12:32

I think Russell Wilson has gotten more than a bit too full of himself being God's gift to mankind & all. Pure fantasy but I think I would trade him to Houston for Deshaun Watson in a heartbeat. I'm crushed. Life has sucked recently (outside of COVID even) & the Hawks were about the lone bright spot. All I wanted for my 60th bday at the end of the month was another Super Bowl appearance. Not to be. I suppose I want a GB/BUF Super Bowl with the Bills finally winning one. Can't root for KC since they still have Tyreek Hill on the team. GB/KC would probably be a good game though. Another horrible day yesterday, latest in a long (& getting longer) line.

Date: January 10, 2021 13:06

Yep residual effects of 2020 have carried over to the Hawks. Acquiring Watson my not be such a bad idea. I actually missed the game so I can't tell where the problems were on defense.

Nonetheless, making it to 60 is an accomplishment considering challenges. Lot of people don't make this far. I will be 62 later in the year. Go HAWKS!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 10, 2021 13:33

The no-call, 2018
The ‘Minneapolis Miracle,’ 2017
The illegal forward pass, 2013
San Francisco 36, New Orleans 32 on Jan. 14, 2012
The ‘Beast Quake,' 2010

What 'miracle' we'll get today?

Date: January 10, 2021 17:21

ironbelly
The no-call, 2018
The ‘Minneapolis Miracle,’ 2017
The illegal forward pass, 2013
San Francisco 36, New Orleans 32 on Jan. 14, 2012
The ‘Beast Quake,' 2010

What 'miracle' we'll get today?

It's called Kamara.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 10, 2021 18:40

crholmstrom
I think Russell Wilson has gotten more than a bit too full of himself being God's gift to mankind & all. Pure fantasy but I think I would trade him to Houston for Deshaun Watson in a heartbeat. I'm crushed. Life has sucked recently (outside of COVID even) & the Hawks were about the lone bright spot. All I wanted for my 60th bday at the end of the month was another Super Bowl appearance. Not to be. I suppose I want a GB/BUF Super Bowl with the Bills finally winning one. Can't root for KC since they still have Tyreek Hill on the team. GB/KC would probably be a good game though. Another horrible day yesterday, latest in a long (& getting longer) line.

Although I’ve been a life-long LA Rams fan (not St. Louis Rams), I’ve lived in the Seattle area for over 30 years and have really come to be a fan of the Seahawks. When they play the Rams, I have to pull for the Rams. I love what Pete Carrol and Russel have brought to this team and this city. But after the game yesterday I got the feeling that their best days are in the rear view mirror. Neither Peter nor Russell are getting any younger so maybe it IS time to plan for the near future with a younger QB. I know he is only 32 and he may very well be a Drew Brees or Tom Brady, playing into his 40’s and still effective. But I think this chapter of the Seahawks may be over soon. I hope I’m wrong.

By the way, have a happy birthday!

Date: January 10, 2021 19:21

Anybody want Pittsburgh to lose today? I do

Date: January 10, 2021 19:28

More Hot Rocks

YES!!!!!!!!!!! It would be awesome.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: January 10, 2021 19:46

More Hot Rocks

Yes sir, as I stated earlier, I'm taking the points and taking the Dawgs. Go Browns!thumbs up

Date: January 10, 2021 20:08

DaveG
crholmstrom

Although I’ve been a life-long LA Rams fan (not St. Louis Rams), I’ve lived in the Seattle area for over 30 years and have really come to be a fan of the Seahawks. When they play the Rams, I have to pull for the Rams. I love what Pete Carrol and Russel have brought to this team and this city. But after the game yesterday I got the feeling that their best days are in the rear view mirror. Neither Peter nor Russell are getting any younger so maybe it IS time to plan for the near future with a younger QB. I know he is only 32 and he may very well be a Drew Brees or Tom Brady, playing into his 40’s and still effective. But I think this chapter of the Seahawks may be over soon. I hope I’m wrong.

Winning a Super Bowl brings expectations. The Patriots won 6 out of how many years?

2005 (the last time a team repeated)

How many of their wins were dominating wins? Zero. It also shows that when people say "They always win it" they're wrong. Let's call it luck (I know it's way more than that) with how many times they've won. The three losses they had were also not dominating wins for the winner.

What would be a dominating win? 2 TDs? The Seahawks blowing the Broncos out was a dominating win. The Saints and Tampa had dominating wins. There haven't been a lot of dominating Super Bowl wins - unless you played Denver back in the 1980s and Buffalo in the 1990s or you were San Diego. Offhand it looks like most Super Bowl wins have been a TD and a field goal kind of margin.

But the last 21 years (2000-2020) pretty much shows just how hard it is to win a Super Bowl and what it takes to keep showing up yet alone winning. Some teams, as good as they have been, have only done it once: Seattle, Green Bay, New Orleans, Indy, Denver, Philly, Tampa, St Louis and Kansas City. All the other winners won it at least two times (New York, New England and Baltimore).

I would love to see the Saints win one more time but if not, if Buffalo won, holy crap that would be awesome. The other awesome would be Nashville.

It would be cool to see Brady get a 7th ring (and obviously cool for Tampa) but it would be even cooler to see him not get a 7th ring. Besides, he's gonna play the 2021 season anyway so it doesn't matter. It would also be cool to see Aaron Rodgers get another ring.

Brees... there doesn't seem to be anything locally going on about him retiring, I'm sure it will be all the talk if they lose. I can see him coming back this year, he hasn't hinted at retiring at all, but part of me thinks his rib injury might've had a bit of an influence on him leaning towards retirement. The all time TD passes record is basically out of reach for Brees now thanks to the injury as well as Brady having some big games in that duration and that's the last record for him to have as far as I know, he has all the rest it seems, and the media's little running gag of competition for that record vs who will retire first is silly. From what I've read of Brees he doesn't care about it at all, he'd rather win.

Regardless of Brees retiring after the 2021 playoffs or after the 2022 playoffs he'll retire as the greatest QB to ever play the game statistically... until someone breaks his records, of course.

Brees retires and the Saints want to stay in line to win another Super Bowl they need to get Deshaun Watson. Taysom Hill is not a quarterback.

Date: January 11, 2021 05:06

All I can say tonight is

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 11, 2021 10:26

GasLightStreet
All I can say tonight is

Yes! But the first half was flimsy.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 11, 2021 12:31

DaveG
crholmstrom

Thanks. I think I'd also trade (more fantasy induced by medicinal shrubbery) Wilson to the Jets for the number 2 pick in the draft. Historically the Jets are dumb enough to go for that, haha.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 11, 2021 15:29

BN78
More Hot Rocks

Yes sir, as I stated earlier, I'm taking the points and taking the Dawgs. Go Browns!thumbs up

Unbelievable first quarter last night, and unbelievable win, with several lineman who never played for the Browns before, and coaching staff down to 2nd and 3rd string due to covid.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 11, 2021 15:39

kovach
BN78
More Hot Rocks

Unbelievable first quarter last night, and unbelievable win, with several lineman who never played for the Browns before, and coaching staff down to 2nd and 3rd string due to covid.

GOOOOO BROWNIES!!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 11, 2021 19:48

Tuned in a bit late to the Cleveland/Pittsburgh game, but it was still only the first quarter,
When I saw the 28-0 score at the bottom of the screen, thought for sure there must have surely been some technical screwup.
Seems the game was already over, and I hadn't even settled in or had my first chip and dip yet!
Became slightly interesting towards the end, but too much of an uphill batlle for Pitt to overcome.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 21 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home