Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 18 of 23
Re: OT: NFL 2020
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 20, 2020 03:53

KC will most likely finish first in the AFC but it looks like Buffalo will finish second.

Saints... won't surprise me if they're in 3rd place by the end of Sunday since they'll very likely lose to KC and the Rams will beat the NYJokes. After that though who knows - the Packers play the Titans and the Bears, the Rams play the Seahawks and the Cardinals. The Saints play the Vikings and the Panthers.

Will Seattle continue to tank? Will Arizona improve? Will the Packers lose to the Titans or the Bears? Will the Saints get it together one last time or host a wild card and lose out yet again to some pathetic performance, missed call or ghost plays? The Saints window closed a long time ago. They're not going back to the SB anytime soon. It's looking like the Packers will make it to the 2021 SB and may be the only team to give KC a run for the shoot out.

A lot can happen in the NFC. AFC seems a bit more set, there may not be as much moving around in that conference.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 20, 2020 04:00

I am really focused on the tank for Trevor. Will the Jets blow it?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 20, 2020 13:50

daspyknows

That would be a very Jets thing to do.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 20, 2020 23:20

Very exciting game between the Bears and Vikings. Good offense from both teams. Gutsy win by the Bears although, realistically, neither is going to get to the playoffs. If the Bears offense played this well previously they would probably be challenging Green Bay for the division!
Trubisky looked really good today. I wonder how much of this is due to coach Nagy not calling the plays anymore?
Congrats to Buffalo for winning their first Div title in ages! Very exciting team to watch. Brady comes back to beat Atlanta again, while it's nice to see NE lose to Miami. Good to see a changing of the guard in the AFC East.

Date: December 21, 2020 03:18

God bless the New York Jets. GO HAWKS, WOO HOO! hot smiley

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: December 21, 2020 05:46

More Hot Rocks
More Hot Rocks
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 9, 2020 17:52

Bet on The Bills to win the AFC East

OpenG
Hope you feel better and get well. .[/quote

Well Open G. They just did. Maybe you're the one that should get well.

Go Bills!

Date: December 21, 2020 06:34

No surprise the Chiefs beat the Saints. Saints weren't 100% but they managed to hang in there and make it a game. The lowest they can finish, at this point, is 3rd. If they have a monumental collapse they could finish 5th or 6th!

Vikings and Bears are out. Raiders are done.

Date: December 21, 2020 07:42

crholmstrom
daspyknows

Did I call it?

Date: December 21, 2020 09:58

daspyknows
crholmstrom
daspyknows

Did I call it?

Yep. Jets & Jags in race for the bottom. Don't be surprised if Minshew mania hits in one of the 2 remaining games. We're all on the edge of our seats....smileys with beer

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: December 21, 2020 11:56

Didn't feel like posting a pre-game teaser prior to the Patriots-Dolphins game (really...what would have been the point?) but I will acknowledge the 'obituaries' that are being written now that NE has failed to make the playoffs for the first time in 12 years, suffered their first losing season under Belichick since 2000, and relied on an offense that looked like it had been culled straight out of Foxboro High School's playbook.

Anyway..."we're on to 2021"...but not so fast Bill; there is still one major question to be answered: Will Jarrett Stidham FINALLY get the starting QB nod with two inconsequential games remaining on the schedule?

Cam Newton's QB Rating for the past three games is 53.5, not what you're looking for from "the guy who gives us the best chance to win every week". And the offense has now gone eight consecutive quarters without scoring a TD. While I would have loved to have seen Newton pick up where Brady left off...even if that meant a 10-6 record and first-round playoff exit...there's no denying the fact that the experiment has failed...miserably.

So before Belichick and Co. ponder what their next move at QB should be (I seriously doubt Newton returns next year), it behooves them to give the much-maligned Stidham a shot at running the offense with a full week of reps and game-planning under his belt. With that level of preparation...as opposed to being thrust into a game strictly for mop-up duty...perhaps the coaching staff will be able to get a clear picture as to whether or not he holds any promise for the team moving forward.

They owe it to the organization, they owe it to Stidham, and they owe it to the fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-21 12:26 by FancyBluesMan.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 21, 2020 12:51

GasLightStreet
No surprise the Chiefs beat the Saints. Saints weren't 100% but they managed to hang in there and make it a game. The lowest they can finish, at this point, is 3rd. If they have a monumental collapse they could finish 5th or 6th!

Yes, they tried their best. It looks that they are drained and tired. Maybe not motivated too. We do not expect them to go to SB this year, do we? The only thing is to say - Saints, as usual ;(

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: December 21, 2020 15:54

Cleveland just won the NFC East smileys with beer Sweeping Washington (34-20), Dallas (49-38), Philly (22-17), and New York (20-6), oh wait, sorry, wrong conference!

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: December 21, 2020 15:57

Giants offense horrible.
Holding Browns to 20 they should have been able to get into the end zone a few times anyway.
Three trips to red zone at beginning of game and they come away with a total of 3 points.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-21 15:59 by nellcote'71.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 21, 2020 16:19

BN78
Cleveland just won the NFC East smileys with beer Sweeping Washington (34-20), Dallas (49-38), Philly (22-17), and New York (20-6), oh wait, sorry, wrong conference!

We'll take it!!

Go Browns!!

Date: December 21, 2020 21:57

ironbelly
GasLightStreet

Yes, they tried their best. It looks that they are drained and tired. Maybe not motivated too. We do not expect them to go to SB this year, do we? The only thing is to say - Saints, as usual ;(

I have not expected the Saints to make the 2021 Super Bowl. There was a lot of hype back in August that they would. There's just no way they will. The Saints have been missing small ingredients since the 2010 season to allow them to get to the SB yet alone win one.

Of course I would love to see the Saints win in February and see Drew Brees retire. Both of those will not happen. Brees will very very likely come back for one more year. It wouldn't surprise me if it's not his final year but I think the Saints will lean on him to make it so. I don't think the all time TD passing record that Brady now holds a lead on means as much to him as it does the media, winning another Super Bowl means more. Brady probably doesn't care as much about winning another SB because his status in Tampa is more centered on just getting them to the playoffs for the first time in 300 years or whatever. Which he has done. Tampa should finish 11-5. The Saints will (hopefully, ha ha) finish 12-4 in 2021 and even if Green Bay loses a game to Tennessee or Chicago, they will finish first because they beat the Saints. It's extremely unlikely the Packers will lose both games. If they did I'd be impressed. That would be one hell of a meltdown.

The quickly closing window of opportunity for the Saints is almost shut. It really started to close fast in the 2011 playoffs. Their last real gasp was the 2012 playoffs. Since then they've been flat footed and have never put themselves in position to keep dominating the games with the talent they've had by running scores up so much it shouldn't matter - they've lost stupidly (refs) and poorly (bad plays made by idiot players that they have not gotten rid of).

Although they did beat Philly in Philly in the 2014 playoffs so woo hoo on that! Of course, they lost to the goddamn (yet this time legitimately winning record make the playoffs) Seattle Seahawks AGAIN.

Unfortunately none of the playoff losses are a surprise. It's gone from not expecting anything (pre-Payton/Brees) to expecting them to lose in the second or third round. It does show how difficult it is to keep a team winning. Green Bay and Seattle have revealed that as well: all that talent with the QBs etc yet... they've only won one time as well.

Philly winning was, like Tampa winning that one time, a fluke. They've otherwise stunk as normal.

The only thing to hang a hat on about that is this: Cantlanta has never won a Super Bowl (they are all time losers) nor have the Saints lost to the Falcants in the playoffs since the only time in the December 1991 playoffs.

I remember when they were 3-13 under Mora and the ridiculous Ditka. The Ditka years were HORRIBLE. What a LOSER he was. Horrible coach. He should've never bothered. The only reason that idiot bothered was because he opened a steak house in the CBD.

All those horrible seasons, it was just an excuse to eat crappy food in front of the TV really. With Brees we be cookin' good food. That's about to end. People think Taysom Hill is the next QB. That's a JOKE. He's a pedestrian QB at best.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 21, 2020 22:05

GasLightStreet
ironbelly
GasLightStreet

I have not expected the Saints to make the 2021 Super Bowl. There was a lot of hype back in August that they would. There's just no way they will. The Saints have been missing small ingredients since the 2010 season to allow them to get to the SB yet alone win one.

Of course I would love to see the Saints win in February and see Drew Brees retire. Both of those will not happen. Brees will very very likely come back for one more year. It wouldn't surprise me if it's not his final year but I think the Saints will lean on him to make it so. I don't think the all time TD passing record that Brady now holds a lead on means as much to him as it does the media, winning another Super Bowl means more. Brady probably doesn't care as much about winning another SB because his status in Tampa is more centered on just getting them to the playoffs for the first time in 300 years or whatever. Which he has done. Tampa should finish 11-5. The Saints will (hopefully, ha ha) finish 12-4 in 2021 and even if Green Bay loses a game to Tennessee or Chicago, they will finish first because they beat the Saints. It's extremely unlikely the Packers will lose both games. If they did I'd be impressed. That would be one hell of a meltdown.

The quickly closing window of opportunity for the Saints is almost shut. It really started to close fast in the 2011 playoffs. Their last real gasp was the 2012 playoffs. Since then they've been flat footed and have never put themselves in position to keep dominating the games with the talent they've had by running scores up so much it shouldn't matter - they've lost stupidly (refs) and poorly (bad plays made by idiot players that they have not gotten rid of).

Although they did beat Philly in Philly in the 2014 playoffs so woo hoo on that! Of course, they lost to the goddamn (yet this time legitimately winning record make the playoffs) Seattle Seahawks AGAIN.

Unfortunately none of the playoff losses are a surprise. It's gone from not expecting anything (pre-Payton/Brees) to expecting them to lose in the second or third round. It does show how difficult it is to keep a team winning. Green Bay and Seattle have revealed that as well: all that talent with the QBs etc yet... they've only won one time as well.

Philly winning was, like Tampa winning that one time, a fluke. They've otherwise stunk as normal.

The only thing to hang a hat on about that is this: Cantlanta has never won a Super Bowl (they are all time losers) nor have the Saints lost to the Falcants in the playoffs since the only time in the December 1991 playoffs.

I remember when they were 3-13 under Mora and the ridiculous Ditka. The Ditka years were HORRIBLE. What a LOSER he was. Horrible coach. He should've never bothered. The only reason that idiot bothered was because he opened a steak house in the CBD.

All those horrible seasons, it was just an excuse to eat crappy food in front of the TV really. With Brees we be cookin' good food. That's about to end. People think Taysom Hill is the next QB. That's a JOKE. He's a pedestrian QB at best.

WHAAAT????!?!?

DA BEARS!!!

[www.youtube.com]

3:00+.....Indy 500..."is Ditka drivin?"

hahahahaha!!!

Ditka will always be a Loser Meat Pie for NOT giving the ball to Walter Payton on the 1 yard line in the Superbowl....gives it to The Fridge?

Lame

Date: December 21, 2020 22:14

stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet
ironbelly
GasLightStreet

WHAAAT????!?!?

DA BEARS!!!

[www.youtube.com]

3:00+.....Indy 500..."is Ditka drivin?"

hahahahaha!!!

Ditka will always be a Loser Meat Pie for NOT giving the ball to Walter Payton on the 1 yard line in the Superbowl....gives it to The Fridge?

Lame

I was talking about the Saints Ditka years... he did screw Payton over by not letting him run that in. But they won. In New Orleans. I have a mug from that Super Bowl, why I have no idea, it's the only one I have, which cracks me up. I didn't bother to get any Saints ones because I just didn't! I think the prices were all jacked up. Enough people have stuff, I don't need it. There are even legit license plates...

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 22, 2020 17:32

I got a good friend of mine who is a long time Steelers fanatic who has gone off the rails and is going to be in need of some serious grief counseling to deal with the Steelers three in a row loss.

Date: December 23, 2020 02:00

Sighunt
I got a good friend of mine who is a long time Steelers fanatic who has gone off the rails and is going to be in need of some serious grief counseling to deal with the Steelers three in a row loss.

They might lose5 in a row and finish 11-5 in 6th place! Very very likely. That's a team that has been using its illusion (ha ha) and is now paying for it.

They stink. One and done in the playoffs.

Date: December 23, 2020 13:42

Josh Gordon blows it again. I think he's done for good. It's sad that his talent has been derailed by his demons. I hope for his sake that he is able to heal but I don't think the NFL is the venue for him to do it. Fortunately, the Seahawks are still in real good shape on the offense. He would've been icing on the cake.

Date: December 27, 2020 13:36

Couple of good games, 1 dog yesterday. Fitzmagic! Needless to say, I'm all about the Seahawks/Rams game today. Would be nice to wrap up the NFC West today. GO HAWKS!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 27, 2020 23:41

Excellent games so far this week. Awesome game last night with Miami vs Vegas, back and forth right to the very end. Channel surfing this morning, great comeback by Steelers over Indy to win their division. Atlanta must be cursed! Missing a 39 yard field goal at the end which would have at least tied the game versus KC.
Bears winning big over Jacksonville. Trubisky seems to be playing a lot better under a new play caller and from what I read, he has input in the play calling. If they can beat Green Bay next week they will get into the playoffs.
Browns, missing a number of starters due to covid, lose to the Jets. I saw the final couple minutes of the game and you can see how happy and excited the Jets players were to win. Regardless of losing their first 13 games, they play for pride. Good for them!

Date: December 28, 2020 00:13

Watch the Jets do a complete Jets thing and win next week too. They then make the conclusion Gase has the answer and keep him one more year.

Date: December 28, 2020 00:43

DGA35
Excellent games so far this week. Awesome game last night with Miami vs Vegas, back and forth right to the very end. Channel surfing this morning, great comeback by Steelers over Indy to win their division. Atlanta must be cursed! Missing a 39 yard field goal at the end which would have at least tied the game versus KC.
Bears winning big over Jacksonville. Trubisky seems to be playing a lot better under a new play caller and from what I read, he has input in the play calling. If they can beat Green Bay next week they will get into the playoffs.
Browns, missing a number of starters due to covid, lose to the Jets. I saw the final couple minutes of the game and you can see how happy and excited the Jets players were to win. Regardless of losing their first 13 games, they play for pride. Good for them!

Cantlanta cants again! LOVE IT!

The Steelers won? That's crazy. Doesn't matter - they'll be one and DONE in 2021!

Date: December 28, 2020 00:43

daspyknows
Watch the Jets do a complete Jets thing and win next week too. They then make the conclusion Gase has the answer and keep him one more year.

The Jets won.

What the hell is going on.

Date: December 28, 2020 01:00

Arizona fell asleep. They've been a consistent inconsistent team. Every year it's "Arizona has some talent and... nahhhhh." They're just a tease and a great stop for visiting teams to get some sun.

NFC East is schizo.

Bills should finish second!

Tampa made the playoffs! Woo hoo! What an accomplishment! That's cool, of course, but it seems like no one is giving them a chance. Not that there's any mystery to that - they either play awesome or they suck. They don't really have a positive neutral way of playing.

Which Green Bay will show up today? The one that falters and loses to Tennessee, setting up an interesting game in Chicago next year (ha ha)? The Packers lose two... and the Saints win game 16 they'll finish in first. Kamara... damn, when he gets going. Hopefully Brees will be healed even more, if not completely, by January 3, 2021. But will any of it matter? So hard to tell.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 28, 2020 02:33

THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS ARE THE 2020 NFC WEST CHAMPIONS (!!!]
GO HAWKS!!

Date: December 28, 2020 05:43

Good. Philly is "officially" out.

Date: December 28, 2020 14:35

MisterDDDD
THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS ARE THE 2020 NFC WEST CHAMPIONS (!!!]
GO HAWKS!!

WOO HOO! The Hawks still have a chance for a first round bye. The scenario would be both NO & GB lose next week while the Hawks win. That would have GB & SEA tied for best record in NFC. Under that scenario, the Hawks get the bye as they would have a better NFC record. That's the only path but it is not out of the realm of possibility. All of the sudden the Seattle defense has become a huge factor. Bodes well for the playoffs however the seeding turns out. GO HAWKS!

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: December 28, 2020 14:52

And, The Packers step all over Tennessee to prepare for an interesting game on Sunday: Bears need a win for the playoffs and Packers need a win for the #1 seed and a bye. Packers scored the first 19 points of the game and the last 21. Buckle up Buttercup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-28 15:32 by roryg.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 18 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home