Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 23
Re: OT: NFL 2020
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 11, 2020 04:49

It's a shame to see great talent go to waste:

Julio Jones, Larry Johnson, Gardner Minshew, Deshaun Watson and JJ Watt are players I can think of immediately.

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: December 12, 2020 07:13

The more I think about it, the more Cam Newton looks like a guy who was converted to QB after being drafted to play another position. The passing stats once again failed to barely register a blip on the radar screen as the NE offense struggled to put points on the board in a game against the Rams that was there for the taking. Yet, almost immediately after the defeat, Belichick reiterated that "Cam is our QB", following up with this the next morning: "I'm basically done answering this question for the last time".

So...what's to follow? More inept performances like last night's until the Patriots are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention, thereby making it more 'politically correct' to bench Newton in favor of Stidham? News that Newton's abdominal injury has worsened, thereby handing the starting QB role to Stidham a no-brainer? An intervention from Robert Kraft, suggesting that Belichick give the team an opportunity to assess Stidham for a few games prior to compiling their 'Christmas Wish List' for the draft?

While NE has many issues that need to be rectified, figuring out what to do with the QB position for 2021...and beyond...may be at the top of the list. At this stage of the season, the lack of a proper training camp, pre-season, and in-game reps cannot be offered as excuses for what has transpired on the field.

If the Patriots could find someone who's capable of throwing the ball downfield with a fair degree of accuracy and strength (let's face it, Newton's arm is shot), that...in tandem with their strong ground game...could help get them back into playoff contention a lot sooner than later.

Date: December 12, 2020 07:21

The only team in the NFC that's currently out of the playoff picture that still has a chance is Arizona. The rest, with exception to the NFC East teams, are eliminated, it's just not "official".

AFC is a different picture: NYJ, Cincy, Jacksonville and the LAC are officially out. Close behind are the Texans, Broncos and Patriots. Obviously after this weekend more will be officially out and a few locked in.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 12, 2020 11:26

GasLightStreet
The only team in the NFC that's currently out of the playoff picture that still has a chance is Arizona. The rest, with exception to the NFC East teams, are eliminated, it's just not "official".

AFC is a different picture: NYJ, Cincy, Jacksonville and the LAC are officially out. Close behind are the Texans, Broncos and Patriots. Obviously after this weekend more will be officially out and a few locked in.

Although I'm not a NO fan, I respect them as opponents especially Drew Brees. That being said, it sure sounds like he is rushing back from his rather serious injury. You know that other teams are going to be targeting his ribs which is kind of ironic given the Bountygate scandal. I'm sure other teams do similar, NO just got caught. When Brees comes back, I hope he is able to complete the season without further serious injury.

Date: December 13, 2020 04:31

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

Although I'm not a NO fan, I respect them as opponents especially Drew Brees. That being said, it sure sounds like he is rushing back from his rather serious injury. You know that other teams are going to be targeting his ribs which is kind of ironic given the Bountygate scandal. I'm sure other teams do similar, NO just got caught. When Brees comes back, I hope he is able to complete the season without further serious injury.

Brees likely won't play until game 15 (week 16) at the earliest. He has yet to throw a football. His injury during the SF game was made much worse thanks to the excessive slamming to the turf by a guy that probably has some lingering issues with what Brees said during the summer that was exceedingly taken out of context.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 13, 2020 06:08

Go Bills! I'm being cautiously optimistic that the Bills will put up a good fight against the Steelers tomorrow!

Date: December 13, 2020 06:12

Sighunt
Go Bills! I'm being cautiously optimistic that the Bills will put up a good fight against the Steelers tomorrow!

I'm thinking the Bills will smack the shit out of the Steelers.

Date: December 13, 2020 06:15

GasLightStreet
Sighunt

Seriously? Even though I'm biased being a long time Bills fan, I'll ingest whatever magic dust you got lying around (LOL)!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-13 06:19 by Sighunt.

Date: December 13, 2020 19:56

Sighunt
GasLightStreet
Sighunt

Seriously? Even though I'm biased being a long time Bills fan, I'll ingest whatever magic dust you got lying around (LOL)!!!

The Steelers aren't as good as their record looks. Their schedule has been mostly against crap teams. The Bills are much better. I know home field is moot but it's just what I think, it doesn't mean anything, of course. I have said things like that in the past that have come true, or have been lopsided the other way around. I'm not The Great Carnac by any means!

Posted by: winter ()
Date: December 13, 2020 22:35

The Steelers get their starting center and running back back today, but have alot of holes on D: LB's Bush, Dupree, Spillane (Bush's replacement), no Joe Haden. If the replacements can hold their own, the D line and Watt should pressure Buffalo. On the Offense, they need to get more creative playcalling and stop the dropped passes (13-14 in last 2 games!).

I think this is going to be a great game and hope that the Steelers last 2-3 weeks (multiple re-scheduled games, Covid list, the loss to DC, injuries, etc.) have all served as a wake-up call. Need to get back on track this week.

Miami should be doing better than they are against KC.

Colts/Raiders should be good.

Date: December 13, 2020 23:29

winter
The Steelers get their starting center and running back back today, but have alot of holes on D: LB's Bush, Dupree, Spillane (Bush's replacement), no Joe Haden. If the replacements can hold their own, the D line and Watt should pressure Buffalo. On the Offense, they need to get more creative playcalling and stop the dropped passes (13-14 in last 2 games!).

I was really surprised how the Steelers played last week against Washington and could not believe all the dropped passes.

In other Steelers news, three different sports news outlets ran this story today re: concern about Ben's knee injury:

[www.cbssports.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-14 01:06 by Sighunt.

Date: December 14, 2020 01:53

The New York Jets are really bad. smoking smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 14, 2020 02:34

Typical Saints sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-14 02:36 by ironbelly.

Date: December 14, 2020 03:02

ironbelly

Taysom Hill revealed his nature today - he's not a quarterback. They aren't winning the 2021 Super Bowl, that's for sure.

Date: December 14, 2020 06:30

Holy shit, the Bills beat the Steelers tonight! I can't believe it!!! Allen and Diggs-what a combo!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-14 06:32 by Sighunt.

Date: December 14, 2020 06:35

GasLightStreet
Sighunt
GasLightStreet
Sighunt

The Steelers aren't as good as their record looks. Their schedule has been mostly against crap teams. The Bills are much better. I know home field is moot but it's just what I think, it doesn't mean anything, of course. I have said things like that in the past that have come true, or have been lopsided the other way around. I'm not The Great Carnac by any means!

I owe you respect! You called it right GasLightStreet!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 14, 2020 10:34

GasLightStreet
ironbelly

Taysom Hill revealed his nature today - he's not a quarterback. They aren't winning the 2021 Super Bowl, that's for sure.
Hill is not good QB - that it for sure. Swiss Army knife - yes, to carry a game for a longer period - not good.
But I would rather say that Saints used to shoot in the leg like yesterday each and every season. I believe they were not motivated to play hard after sealing play-off spot. Plus, game was open air and in the cold weather. So - typical Saints.

I also think that they will not be able to reach final in 2021. Two play-off games is the best I project.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 15, 2020 07:11

Very exciting game tonight, Browns are a great up and coming team. Not sure why Cleveland didn't call a time out at the end to freeze the kicker, not very often that happens.
Good to see teams like Buffalo and Cleveland doing well, a nice change.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 15, 2020 10:57

Who are the Super Bowl Halftime Guests this year?

Date: December 15, 2020 11:31

Chris Fountain

The Weekend. Again the NFL shows disdain for their true fans & attempts to placate the casual viewers. A huge missed opportunity: I'm pretty sure they could've got AC/DC this year. Angus would've put on a great show!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 15, 2020 17:58

Chris Fountain

The Weeknd. I will be heading to the bathroom.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 15, 2020 18:02

Date: December 15, 2020 19:58

daspyknows
Chris Fountain

Bonus points for getting the rap spelling right. I am no longer hip.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 15, 2020 20:43

crholmstrom
daspyknows
Chris Fountain

Bonus points for getting the rap spelling right. I am no longer hip.

I guess he'll be performing from Toronto. Im serious

Date: December 16, 2020 01:33

Sighunt
GasLightStreet
Sighunt
GasLightStreet
Sighunt

I owe you respect! You called it right GasLightStreet!

Sometimes it happens. It was just a feeling. It's nice to see "someone else" play good that has bubbled at it for a little while now. Hopefully Buffalo can keep it going for a few years.

Date: December 16, 2020 01:41

ironbelly
GasLightStreet
ironbelly

Hill is not good QB - that it for sure. Swiss Army knife - yes, to carry a game for a longer period - not good.
But I would rather say that Saints used to shoot in the leg like yesterday each and every season. I believe they were not motivated to play hard after sealing play-off spot. Plus, game was open air and in the cold weather. So - typical Saints.

I also think that they will not be able to reach final in 2021. Two play-off games is the best I project.

The last Saints win (I think) one of the commentators wondered what the Saints will do if down a good bit with Hill at QB. Hill's awful play aside the Saints looked asleep and didn't wake up until what, the end of the 3rd qtr? And then were down by 10 again because of Hill.

He's something like 2 fumbles from tying Aaron Brooks for the QB fumble record or some team stat like that.

Winston had eye surgery. People say he's an interception machine. I think he would be much better than he's ever been but what do I know, I'm not the coach. If Philly doesn't sign Hurts the Saints need to get him. Damn he was good. He's gonna be awesome for somebody.

Eh, the Saints have won in Philly, last time in the playoffs if I remember correctly, and it was cold. I think the outside/cold thing is BS. Teams play good or bad, the stadium and weather doesn't strictly determine that. I think the dome tag is hype. They've played lousy at home before and in other domes. If such a thing was true then the New England Brady years would've never had a loss.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 16, 2020 03:05

Biggest win and nobody there, it sucks for us in Buffalo.

Date: December 17, 2020 02:22

Chris Fountain

It was Jennifer Lopez and Shakira.

Date: December 20, 2020 02:31

Date: September 9, 2020 17:52

Bet on The Bills to win the AFC East

OpenG
Hope you feel better and get well. .[/quote

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-20 02:34 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: December 20, 2020 02:36

More Hot Rocks
Date: September 9, 2020 17:52

Bet on The Bills to win the AFC East

OpenG
Hope you feel better and get well. .[/quote

Well Open G. They just did. Maybe you're the one that should get well.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1390
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home