Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 23
Re: OT: NFL 2020
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 7, 2020 19:12

FancyBluesMan
Well, in response to the question raised in my pre-game post, Jarrett Stidham DID replace Cam Newton vs. the Chargers today...but with the Patriots LEADING by a score of 35-0! Did anyone honestly see this one coming?

While Newton's passing stats were once again minuscule, his 87.4 QB rating was a marked improvement over the previous week's 23.6. Only 69 yards through the air but one passing TD, a couple of rushing TDs, and NO turnovers made for an efficient...yet hardly dynamic...performance. At this point, how you win matters very little.

Special teams and defense set the tone for the Patriots as the Chargers looked completely disorganized and undisciplined on their way to the biggest margin-loss in franchise history. Today's defeat had to be absolutely brutal for those who choose to invest their time in that team (despite being a San Diego-area resident since 1983, I have never supported the Chargers in any way, shape, or form). Better times may be on the horizon, but coaching changes need to be made.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha - if investing time in a team equates to buying tickets, t-shirts, hats and jerseys etc how do you think Saints fans felt pre-Brees?!!?

Brees coming to New Orleans changed everything - and that's no exaggeration. It's quite an interesting cultural phenomenon. 40 some years of stinking up the league, with one or two decent seasons in there, Saints fans know what it means to be lucky - and appreciate how hard it is to win one. No one that I know down here has the expectant attitude that Patriots fans have had for years. That's a whole different world there.

Look at the history of the NFL and dominating team eras, there's Pittsburg, San Francisco and New England that have had dominating seasons and Super Bowls, obviously some longer than others, that once the era is over they never get back to that status, which is happening with New England now. Although it's too early to say it seems like Kansas City may be the next multiple SB winner for a few years.

Then there are the ones that have done it a bit but didn't exactly dominate: Dallas, NY Giants, Denver, and then the spread two or 3 time winners like the Colts, Chiefs, Redskins, Packers, Raiders.

A few one timers - and then there are the constant losers - the Rams, the Vikings, the Bills and the Falcants.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 8, 2020 00:51

FOX is only showing PIT/WFT to less than half the country. Something to do with DIRECT TV Sunday ticket. Idiots.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 8, 2020 01:42

crholmstrom
FOX is only showing PIT/WFT to less than half the country. Something to do with DIRECT TV Sunday ticket. Idiots.

If you see this and want to watch 2nd half lmk. I have directtv and you can use my online instance.

Date: December 8, 2020 03:52

Holy crap.

The awful Washington Liars beat the Steelers!!!

Date: December 8, 2020 03:58

The Chiefs are in second in the AFC but are the only team to clinch even though they have the same record as the Steelers, who are first, and have no clinched.

The NFL's numbers, or whatever the hell it is that is used to have teams "clinch" a playoff spot, is ridiculous. Clearly a team with at least 9 wins is in. There are too many teams with too many losses for the top 2 or 3 teams to have not already clinched. At this point anyone with a losing record, 5-7 or 4-8 are not "on the bubble" - they simply are not going to make the playoffs.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: December 8, 2020 05:15

GasLightStreet
The Chiefs are in second in the AFC but are the only team to clinch even though they have the same record as the Steelers, who are first, and have no clinched.

The NFL's numbers, or whatever the hell it is that is used to have teams "clinch" a playoff spot, is ridiculous. Clearly a team with at least 9 wins is in. There are too many teams with too many losses for the top 2 or 3 teams to have not already clinched. At this point anyone with a losing record, 5-7 or 4-8 are not "on the bubble" - they simply are not going to make the playoffs.

Uhh.. Top 4 in each division are automatic. KC has the AFC West + a moon pie

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 8, 2020 06:44

Bills big road win tonight. Allen was super along with #11 and 14

Date: December 8, 2020 08:25

BN78
GasLightStreet

Yes, division winners, and sometimes, division "winner" - Congratulations! You 'won' your division with a 6-10 record and get to host a playoff game while a team with a 10-6 (or 9-7) record didn't qualify!"

The NFL must have THE dumbest playoff set up of all of pro sports in the world!

Chiefs are 2nd in the AFC but have clinched - must be some "strength of schedule" thing over the Steelers.

Of the last 4 games the Steelers face two decent teams - the Bills and the Browns.

The Chiefs last 4 only one game will give them a challenge, at least as of today - the Saints. Chiefs will very likely finish 15-1 or 14-2. Steelers more likely to finish 14-2 or 13-3, which gives KC the bye.

NFC is still too weird yet. Saints, Packers - both have been winning but Green Bay has some very strange games sometimes. Too goofy to figure out who will finish first.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 8, 2020 21:02

Buffalo and Pittsburgh this Sunday night. It should be a good game.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 9, 2020 01:52

GasLightStreet
Holy crap.

The awful Washington Liars beat the Steelers!!!

Maybe the NFC East isn't as bad as everyone thought!

Date: December 9, 2020 03:22

GasLightStreet
BN78
GasLightStreet

Yes, division winners, and sometimes, division "winner" - Congratulations! You 'won' your division with a 6-10 record and get to host a playoff game while a team with a 10-6 (or 9-7) record didn't qualify!"

The NFL must have THE dumbest playoff set up of all of pro sports in the world!

Chiefs are 2nd in the AFC but have clinched - must be some "strength of schedule" thing over the Steelers.

Of the last 4 games the Steelers face two decent teams - the Bills and the Browns.

The Chiefs last 4 only one game will give them a challenge, at least as of today - the Saints. Chiefs will very likely finish 15-1 or 14-2. Steelers more likely to finish 14-2 or 13-3, which gives KC the bye.

NFC is still too weird yet. Saints, Packers - both have been winning but Green Bay has some very strange games sometimes. Too goofy to figure out who will finish first.

Point taken G. It doesn't always make the most sense. I'm definitely not a Chiefs fan (Go Browns!), but I don't know what would be done to change things, given they've had this format for years on end. NFL is so reluctant to change their money train.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: December 9, 2020 16:35

Honestly is there anything better than seeing the Cowboys lose every week?
Clowns had them in the Super Bowl again this season and they're 3 and 9 lmfao.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 9, 2020 19:45

nellcote'71

Jerry Jones' face at the end of every loss is worth the price of admission.

Date: December 9, 2020 20:30

stickyfingers101
nellcote'71

Jerry Jones' face at the end of every loss is worth the price of admission.

Stephen A Smith the day after a Cowboys loss (& twitter immediately post game) is priceless. Some of the best sports tv out there.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 9, 2020 22:23

Gas Light and where I live will get the interesting KC -Miami game on Sunday -Early. Oddly enough, CR, the Upper NW will not get that interesting game. Of course I know many have the NFL pass etc...

Here is the regular TV coverage-

[506sports.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-09 22:37 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 10, 2020 00:00

Dallas/SF has been flexed out of SNF in a few weeks for NYG/CLE. Get your affairs in order, this could be a sign of the apocalypse. You have to know Jerry Jones is not a happy camper. That sort of thing can get a coach fired. Of course in Dallas it's unlikely the GM gets the axe. Loving it!

Date: December 10, 2020 00:03

crholmstrom
Dallas/SF has been flexed out of SNF in a few weeks for NYG/CLE. Get your affairs in order, this could be a sign of the apocalypse. You have to know Jerry Jones is not a happy camper. That sort of thing can get a coach fired. Of course in Dallas it's unlikely the GM gets the axe. Loving it!

Positively 4th Street!!

Date: December 10, 2020 02:01

nellcote'71

YES!

CANTLANTA losing every week would be supreme.

Date: December 10, 2020 02:02

crholmstrom

That is truly bizarre. Cleeeeveland? Incredible.

Date: December 10, 2020 03:07

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

Why is that bizarre ? One team competing for a division title (albeit weakest I know) and the other is currently a 9 win wildcard contending (strongly I may add) team with 2-3 more possible wins to add on resume. Not sure of the bizarre look here.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 10, 2020 03:17

crholmstrom

I am glad. That way I can smoke the Wagyu brisket I ordered on Saturday finishing at 12 or 1 AM or so. Wrap it, let it rest in the cooler and wake to Sunday and enjoy the game. With the original schedule I would have been tending the fire all night.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 10, 2020 03:18

Agreed BN78 I would rather watch the giants vs Clev than those hapless Cowboys... That game has meaning

But I really just want to see Russell Wilson return to his early season form !!
I have a feeling they will blow out the Jets this week not that its a big feat but they need a huge win before the Rams...

Go AWKS !!

Date: December 10, 2020 03:18

BN78
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

Why is that bizarre ? One team competing for a division title (albeit weakest I know) and the other is currently a 9 win wildcard contending (strongly I may add) team with 2-3 more possible wins to add on resume. Not sure of the bizarre look here.

CLEVELAND. That's what's bizarre.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: December 10, 2020 03:25

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

Perhaps it's a push to highlight some of the young batch of QBs (Jones and Mayfield). Also, somewhat amazingly in week 13, the Browns are tied for third best record in the AFC (whaaaat?!) and losing-record Giants could still win their division!

I'm glad the Steelers got their loss in; undefeated seasons are a distraction and they played too sluggish offensively the last 2 games. Too many drops by the receivers. Played numerous rescheduled 3 games in 12 days, Covid list had starting center and RB, injuries to defense (like everybody else), etc. Time for them to hunker down, implement better offensive gameplans and gear up for the playoffs, which they haven't been to in a couple of years.

It'll be interesting to see how the playoff picture develops. Will Balt and TB make it to the post-season? Will a virus outbreak make there be an 18th week of regular season and/or a 16 team playoff scenario (no bye weeks for anyone if implemented)? Which big names will get off Injured/Reserve list just in time to help their team make a push? The rollercoaster ride that is the 2020 season continues!

Date: December 10, 2020 04:03

Winter - These are very good points.

I see that KC is -11.5 at Miami. This means that he general public thinks that KC is going to wake up and win a lopsided victory on the road.

I don't think KC has the inspiration or drive as last year. Their defense is suspect and Mahonnes is not same QB.

I would take the points and if Miami scores first they are up 18.5 points.

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: December 10, 2020 06:22

Quick turnaround for the Patriots as they follow up their initial Sofi Field appearance with another LA matchup vs. the 'We Are Not the LA Chargers' Rams on Thursday Night.

Same old story for NE: win in order to keep alive any slim chance at making the playoffs. Rams have a pretty stout defense so scoring points could be hard to come by. Patriots will need another solid effort from their defense and turnover-free play from the offense in order to give them a shot at a 'W'.

Does Belichick once again come up with a game plan to disrupt Goff? Will Aaron Donald and his fellow D-Linemen stifle the Patriots' run game? Does Cam Newton throw for more than 100 yards? Do we see Jarrett Stidham this week in more than a mop-up role?

Stay tuned...film at 11.

Date: December 10, 2020 13:38

daspyknows
crholmstrom

I am glad. That way I can smoke the Wagyu brisket I ordered on Saturday finishing at 12 or 1 AM or so. Wrap it, let it rest in the cooler and wake to Sunday and enjoy the game. With the original schedule I would have been tending the fire all night.

The wagyu sounds excellent & I have virtually no appetite.

Date: December 10, 2020 17:02

GasLightStreet
BN78
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

CLEVELAND. That's what's bizarre.

Believeland, Baby!!

Date: December 10, 2020 18:02

Believeland, Baby!!

Was that you who predicted a Browns Super Bowl?

I was just thinking about the Dog Pound

Date: December 10, 2020 20:29

Chris Fountain
Believeland, Baby!!

Was that you who predicted a Browns Super Bowl?

I was just thinking about the Dog Pound

hahaha....that was me.

but, it was last year and it was around Week 12 when they had a 1% chance of making the playoffs....I told everybody to "watch out for the most improbable superbowl run of all time"

haha...poor Cleveland.

they won't win it w/ Baker Manziel....it's as simple as that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1581
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home