Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 23
Re: OT: NFL 2020
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 23, 2020 09:46

Good games today. Didn't think the Cowboys would beat the Vikings. Exciting finish to the Chiefs/Raiders game. Glad to see Chase Claypool get another touchdown, 10 in 10 games! I think each week more and more Canadians are starting to cheer for the Steelers.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 23, 2020 13:36

GasLightStreet
Saints are first in the NFC - something I didn't think I'd type at all this season! Third overall.

WIll be interesting to see if they can hold onto that with Brees out. Plenty of talent on that team, we'll see if the quarterbacks hold up their end of the bargain. Sorry to say but I'm a huge Tompa Bay fan at least for tonight! smileys with beer

Date: November 24, 2020 13:12

Rams defense is frightening!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 24, 2020 15:46

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
Saints are first in the NFC - something I didn't think I'd type at all this season! Third overall.

WIll be interesting to see if they can hold onto that with Brees out. Plenty of talent on that team, we'll see if the quarterbacks hold up their end of the bargain. Sorry to say but I'm a huge Tompa Bay fan at least for tonight! smileys with beer

Stompa Bay? I won't say it but people are saying that Brady is choking.

I think Winston should've been played. Hopefully he will play in Denver. Sean Payton is weird - as much as he can gamble he can be beyond conservative. He'll call really good plays, very inventive, and then he'll call dumb plays, as in Yes run right into the pile!

Date: November 24, 2020 21:24

I always wondered why when a team is near the goal line going for a TD, why bunch all your players up? Why not spread the receivers out so if you are going to do a running play, there's not 22 players all close together?

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: November 25, 2020 05:22

Chris Fountain wrote:

"Burkhead and Harris are two of the most underrated RBs in the NFL. Damn they run hard!".

Looks like Belichick and McDaniels failed to see your comment.

The Patriots go into Houston...against the worst run defense in the NFL...and rush for a total of 86 yards, approximately half of what they average per game. Damian Harris...who accounted for 25 yards (and a TD) on 5 carries during NE's first drive...gets just 6 touches for 18 yards for the remainder of the game. And Cam Newton runs a total of 3 times for 6 yards. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Say what you will about NE's talent shortage but their game plan simply did not add up. Throw some poor tackling and missed blocking assignments into the equation...along with no sacks of Deshaun Watson...and there's your recipe for a totally unacceptable loss.

Date: November 25, 2020 05:54

What everyone, or at least anyone that is paying attention, is seeing is that Belichick isn't as good as he was with Brady.

Brady certainly isn't as good as he was in NE. Age aside, what he had in NE does not exist in Tampa. It won't It can't. There's not enough time.

How awful - the NFC East. Imagine Philly finishing 3-12-1 and "winning" the division because everyone else is 3-13.

The NFL should be embarrassed to have such an ignorant make-the-playoffs setup.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 25, 2020 06:55

Will the only good game for Thursday actually happen? The Ravens have an active Covid outbreak (5 players and 4 coaches) and not sure if they will pull the plug on it. A few other teams scheduled for Sunday may be in trouble too.

Date: November 25, 2020 21:58

daspyknows
Will the only good game for Thursday actually happen? The Ravens have an active Covid outbreak (5 players and 4 coaches) and not sure if they will pull the plug on it. A few other teams scheduled for Sunday may be in trouble too.

Nope! Bummer, as you said it was the only worthwhile game on Thursday. Saying they are going to play it Sunday.

Date: November 26, 2020 05:35

crholmstrom
daspyknows

Nope! Bummer, as you said it was the only worthwhile game on Thursday. Saying they are going to play it Sunday.

I called it. Too bad, was looking forward to seeing Lamar Jackson versus the Steelers D

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 26, 2020 16:22

Telecast Schedule for Holiday Weekend- [506sports.com]

Date: November 26, 2020 17:41

It appears a coach was experiencing symptoms but continued to come to work. Dumb move.

[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

Date: November 27, 2020 16:43

I have a clever nickname for the Washington Football Team.

The Washington Swamp Creatures

New Colors could be Slimy Green and Dark Red.

Date: November 27, 2020 18:45

I have been calling them The Washington Opossums. They get killed on the road and play dead at home. When playing the Cowpies even a road kill victim can win one.

Really missed having the night game between Pitts and Balt.

Date: November 27, 2020 21:13

daspyknows
I have been calling them The Washington Opossums. They get killed on the road and play dead at home. When playing the Cowpies even a road kill victim can win one.

TFKATR - Team Formerly Known As The Redskins

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 28, 2020 00:44

daspyknows

Moved to Tuesday

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: November 29, 2020 05:27

Week 12 has the Patriots hosting the Cardinals...and yet another mobile QB in Kyler Murray. Wilson, Mahomes, Jackson, Watson...am I sensing a trend here? With the way NE's season has progressed thus far (or is regressed the more appropriate word?), I'll leave it up to Mick to sum up my feelings:

"Looks like another dead-end Sunday"

Date: November 29, 2020 05:46

The wheels are starting to fall off the bus. Denver has no quarterbacks, the 49ers have no place to play and Baltimore and Pittsburgh look like they both have growing outbreaks.

[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

Date: November 29, 2020 16:45

Maybe Carolina can beat the Vikings- Tampa Bay is a tempting choice but don't count on it.

Date: November 29, 2020 23:27

Wow, Carolina, now I see why you have a losing record. Up on the Vikings late in the game, throwing incomplete passes to stop the clock giving the Vikings extra time. Running the ball out of bounds on second down to stop the clock with just a little over 2 minutes left. They probably gave the Vikings almost 2 extra minutes at the end of the game due to their incomplete throws instead of running the ball, which they did well throughout the game and letting the clock run down.
Credit to Kirk Cousins for picking the Panthers defense apart so easily on the final 2 drives.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 30, 2020 00:29

This Saints-Broncos quoterback-less game is like a swamp.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 30, 2020 01:52

Anthony Lynn sucks as a HC. He has to be the worst with the talent there. bills fan

Date: November 30, 2020 02:45

Saints beating the Broncos was weird. I just don't understand why Hill continues to be played as QB when he mostly runs the ball.

What will they do when they're losing and he has to throw?

That will be found out against the Chiefs in two weeks (if there are still games).

Date: November 30, 2020 21:41

GO HAWKS! Time to reclaim sole possession of the NFC West. Lot of injured players coming back this week. Looks like the weather in Philly is bad. Just the way we like it! hot smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 30, 2020 22:12

GasLightStreet
Saints beating the Broncos was weird. I just don't understand why Hill continues to be played as QB when he mostly runs the ball.

What will they do when they're losing and he has to throw?

That will be found out against the Chiefs in two weeks (if there are still games).
Yes, the game was rather weird. It seems that Hill just can't throw properly. He was very slow and unreliable on the attempts yesterday. Don't worry about Chiefs, Saints know how to lose the game stupidly (and win unpredictably) winking smiley.

Date: November 30, 2020 22:39

Saints fined for celebrating nude!!

[www.espn.com]

Date: December 1, 2020 01:08

Damn the Bears looked pathetic last night. Defense looks like they've given up on the coaches. How long before GM and coaches get fired?
The way covid numbers are rising, I wonder if games will get cancelled outright instead of getting rescheduled?

Date: December 1, 2020 01:17

Now I see the Steelers vs Ravens game which was originally scheduled for Thanksgiving Day, then postponed til Sunday, then Tuesday, is now rescheduled for Wednesday!!

Date: December 1, 2020 02:35

DGA35
Now I see the Steelers vs Ravens game which was originally scheduled for Thanksgiving Day, then postponed til Sunday, then Tuesday, is now rescheduled for Wednesday!!

The NFL is getting a black eye over this. Another one. Clearly, the only thing that matters is the profit margin. The way they are doling out punishment isn't equal either. Some teams lose draft picks, some don't. They don't care though. If my team wasn't good, I don't know if I would watch many games. It's like Rollerball (the old good one with James Caan).

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 1, 2020 02:58

crholmstrom
DGA35

The NFL is getting a black eye over this. Another one. Clearly, the only thing that matters is the profit margin. The way they are doling out punishment isn't equal either. Some teams lose draft picks, some don't. They don't care though. If my team wasn't good, I don't know if I would watch many games. It's like Rollerball (the old good one with James Caan).

I anticipate a giant asterisk being placed next to the 2020 NFL Season when this is over, and especially the team that wins the Super Bowl - if there is a Super Bowl. They could rename it The Covid Bowl.
A shame for the NFL as both the MLB and NBA were able to somehow figure it out w/abbreviated seasons, and ultimately there are 2020 championship teams in both leagues without too many problems along the way.
Still watching some games though, and yesterdays Rams defeat was painful as it was their first home loss at the new stadium, and it was doled out by the lowly scum 49'ers haha bastards...the rivalry lives on, covid or not.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1370
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home